AVATAR land construction progress

Rteetz

image.jpeg

HauntedMansionFLA

Saw this on Twitter. Finally getting to something other than the floating mountains. I do wish, though, that we could get a clearer shot of the floating mountains on this end, as well as this side of the show building.
Any idea what this might be? Dining / retail? Neat to see some different areas:)

BrianLo

Any idea what this might be? Dining / retail? Neat to see some different areas:)

This building to help orient you.

Pandora-Model-Large.jpg

Widely assumed to be a quick serve, but it's actually a lot bigger than *just* a quick serve. The building is actually cut off in the model too. Could be a walk through element, edutainment or a M&G with the mech suits. There are two other buildings already in the complex (gift shop?).

I'm just speculating, we actually have been told zilch about the human complex and it's surprisingly a large real-estate component of the project.

flyerjab

This building to help orient you.

Pandora-Model-Large.jpg

Widely assumed to be a quick serve, but it's actually a lot bigger than *just* a quick serve. The building is actually cut off in the model too. Could be a walk through element, edutainment or a M&G with the mech suits. There are two other buildings already in the complex (gift shop?).

I'm just speculating, we actually have been told zilch about the human complex and it's surprisingly a large real-estate component of the project.

This is one of the reasons why I was happy to see this photo. We really have (obviously) been ultra-focused on the parts that are visible to us - floating mountains, show building - as well as the rides - FoP and the boat ride. When you look at the model, the section that has the remnants of the previous human settlement is itself a large area. There will definitely be a restaurant there somewhere, either a quick service, table service or hybrid. But that is certainly not all some large food space. There has always been some hints of a third 'attraction' as opposed to a ride. My hope is that there are some walking trails similar to what is around the ToL, with maybe some AAs. Also, an edutainment space would be great for this expansion so that those not familiar with the movie have some place that shows off and explains some of the creatures and plants that can be found in this land. I was hoping that there would be some type of 'zoo' building that had AAs of most of the creatures from the film. Cameron hinted that there will be Na'vi AAs that are some of the most advanced that Disney has made so I hope that they may be found in more than just one location. Maybe there will be a show space over in this area somewhere. Just can't wait to find out more.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
We're entering the stage of the project that is most exciting. When the rockwork is getting done and the buildings are being built, things look like they are flying along, something "new" every week to see from pictures.
I'm not looking forward to this stage being completed. Once all a majority of the outer work is done, construction seems* to come to a halt, and instead of awesome photo updates, we get 10000 posts asking why the project isn't finished already because it's clearly finished, and Disney is doing something nefarious instead of opening.

*of course, construction is still going on in the interiors, landscaping, etc.

Cletus

First time on here in awhile. The rock work looks great, amazing to see this project come together. When this opens, it'll be hilarious that people ever doubted this project, although I'm happy to welcome people to the bandwagon!!!

I don't think anyone argued it wouldn't LOOK amazing. It's the IP people have an issue with.

Eastonm7

Just curious if anyone here knows how exactly these mountains will be floating. Like what is the way they're doing this. If anyone has a link to that as well send it my way please!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Just curious if anyone here knows how exactly these mountains will be floating. Like what is the way they're doing this. If anyone has a link to that as well send it my way please!
If you look at the pictures you will see a number of curved steal beams going from the ground to the steel structure.

CTTm1HoXIAATG9i.jpg

This is what will support the mountains. They will most likely be disguised as vines.

0402a03fig4.jpg

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, Nov. 17. View of the highest floating mountain from the Animal Kingdom front gate turnstiles.

IMG_6852.JPG

From another angle at the front gate, there is a smaller and lower floating mountain already in place to the right of the highest floating mountain.

IMG_6851.JPG

View from the back entrance of Rainforest Café.

IMG_6854.JPG

Also in view from the back entrance of the Rainforest Café, the "backdrop" mountains hiding the show building are receiving faux vegetation.

IMG_6853.JPG

The highest floating mountain as viewed from the plaza in front of The Festival of The Lion King.

IMG_6862.JPG

Finally, from the Disney transportation bus road to Animal Kingdom, the show building, with the highest floating mountain just to the right, above the fence horizontal rail.

IMG_6878.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom