AVATAR land construction progress

Rteetz

View from the parking lot also from Twitter

image.jpeg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Well I found this on Twitter

View attachment 119328

This image came from here: http://orlparkpass.com/. They have posted a full aerial view of Sea World, so hopefully they will also do with with AK, because it would be nice to see more of the construction.

Based on this picture progress looks really good. A lot of the rock work on the show building is well under way which we haven't been able to see clearly from the ground shots.

flyerjab

Well I found this on Twitter

View attachment 119328

I love the 'vines' in the lower part of the photo, how they spread out like spider legs in helping to hold up this massive structure.

@RSoxNo1 asked whether this is more impressive than the dragon in DA. I would have to answer with a resounding yes to that question. The dragon is cool without a doubt, and the firing breathing is awesome. And don't get me wrong, I cannot ever take away from the splendor of DA at UNI. It is a beautiful achievement, with immersion blending into the very shops and alleyways. To me, this is something else entirely. And yes, we have SSE, Cindy's castle and the Chinese Theater as great center pieces for parks. And my favorite up to this point has always been the ToL, due to the combination of architecture and artistry, and how they blended together to make something truly wonderful as the perfect centerpiece for DAK. This though is something else entirely. And just think, we get crazy excited for one of the smaller floating mountains that hover above the entire structure. And that is just one little one, so high that most of the theming won't be easily visible from below. But look at the obvious amount of attention and detail that went into that one piece alone! Imagine the work slowly being completed on the other mountains, as well as what will be done to hide the attraction buildings. The rock work, trees (real and imagineered), waterways, bioluminescence and everything else.

The other nice part is that we are now have to be near the 1.5 year mark. And with the holidays approaching, it will be 2016 before we even blink an eye.

HauntedMansionFLA

I love the 'vines' in the lower part of the photo, how they spread out like spider legs in helping to hold up this massive structure.

@RSoxNo1 asked whether this is more impressive than the dragon in DA. I would have to answer with a resounding yes to that question. The dragon is cool without a doubt, and the firing breathing is awesome. And don't get me wrong, I cannot ever take away from the splendor of DA at UNI. It is a beautiful achievement, with immersion blending into the very shops and alleyways. To me, this is something else entirely. And yes, we have SSE, Cindy's castle and the Chinese Theater as great center pieces for parks. And my favorite up to this point has always been the ToL, due to the combination of architecture and artistry, and how they blended together to make something truly wonderful as the perfect centerpiece for DAK. This though is something else entirely. And just think, we get crazy excited for one of the smaller floating mountains that hover above the entire structure. And that is just one little one, so high that most of the theming won't be easily visible from below. But look at the obvious amount of attention and detail that went into that one piece alone! Imagine the work slowly being completed on the other mountains, as well as what will be done to hide the attraction buildings. The rock work, trees (real and imagineered), waterways, bioluminescence and everything else.

The other nice part is that we are now have to be near the 1.5 year mark. And with the holidays approaching, it will be 2016 before we even blink an eye.
And you get to go down there in less than a month you lucky duck!!!

Atomicmickey

Wait until you see the inside. The "boat ride" will be breathtaking and not nearly as short as you have been led to believe. The area's immersion will be beyond anything experiences so far. (SWL will still be even a step above.) I can not stress enough how this will be compared to Carsland in DCA. The TECH is impressive.

*1023*

Thank you for the insider tidbits! Keep 'em coming! Carsland is amazing and immersive, if anyone here hasn't seen it, that's what has me most excited for Pandora. The feeling of immersion is stunning, and I expect this will be even moreso, with all the vegetation there are plenty of opportunities to block sightlines and make you feel as though you're standing in an actual place, not a themed environment.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I know nothing at all about construction or engineering, but for those of you who do...Is this project as complex as it seems to me as a layperson, from an design, engineering and build standpoint?
Yes and no.

While I don't work on projects of this magnitude, I do regularly work on very large, very complex projects. When it they are all put together it can melt your brain. However, every brain melting project is really just a combination of hundreds to thousands of little simple challenges that add up to a massive build.

The analogy I use is you do projects like this the same you eat an entire elephant....one bite at a time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom