Some more detail pics of the new floating mountain being installed

Avatar_AnimalKingdom_11142015-1.jpg

Avatar_AnimalKingdom_11142015-4.jpg

Avatar_AnimalKingdom_11142015-6.jpg
It looks awesome!! - so excited about visiting once it opens

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Seriously impressive. I really wasn't expecting this.

I was. Since the day it was announced. FFS, I can't believe so many people thought JC and JR would work on something and not have it be impressive. I can't believe people watched the movie and didn't think this would be fantastic. Mark my words - The half decade of complaints about IP impact, limited sales for Pandora merchandise, and this not being a good fit for DAK (actually your hard pressed to find something that is a better fit) marking this land as a mistake will flow down the river of irrelevance and out to the sea of idiocy forgotten by many and never brought up by the rest due to embarrassment.

twebber55

I was. Since the day it was announced. FFS, I can't believe so many people thought JC and JR would work on something and not have it be impressive. I can't believe people watched the movie and didn't think this would be fantastic. Mark my words - The half decade of complaints about IP impact, limited sales for Pandora merchandise, and this not being a good fit for DAK (actually your hard pressed to find something that is a better fit) marking this land as a mistake will flow down the river of irrelevance and out to the sea of idiocy forgotten by many and never brought up by the rest due to embarrassment.
here here
when I hear people talk about how they didn't expect this I always wonder what were you expecting....lol

HauntedMansionFLA

here here
when I hear people talk about how they didn't expect this I always wonder what were you expecting....lol
Bravo, loved the project from day one and I'm okay with the people who made negative comments that all of a sudden will be jumping on the bandwagon. Please remember your reaction when you first saw these pictures. Just think what your reaction will be when it's lite up at night.

PorterRedkey

Just think this is one small piece of what the mountains will end up looking like. This is going to be one the most imersive projects ever done. These mountains themselves are an attraction.
Until Star Wars land!

Cameron is kind of a perfectionist and well, Joe is Joe, which is awesome! I know the land will be beautiful and I think the rides are going to be huge hits as well, even with the skeptics.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Wait until you see the inside. The "boat ride" will be breathtaking and not nearly as short as you have been led to believe. The area's immersion will be beyond anything experiences so far. (SWL will still be even a step above.) I can not stress enough how this will be compared to Carsland in DCA. The TECH is impressive.

*1023*

PorterRedkey

Wait until you see the inside. The "boat ride" will be breathtaking and not nearly as short as you have been led to believe. The area's immersion will be beyond anything experiences so far. (SWL will still be even a step above.) I can not stress enough how this will be compared to Carsland in DCA. The TECH is impressive.

*1023*
Any idea how long it will be approx?

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Any idea how long it will be approx?
Well... Not sure which question you could be asking. So to answer both. I'll say the following:

1.) Construction is on pace in some areas, ahead in others, and behind on some. In other words, it will open on time.
2.) Depending on operational parameters, 5 to 6 minutes seat time.

I hope I guessed the 2 possible questions from your post.

*1023*

HauntedMansionFLA

Well... Not sure which question you could be asking. So to answer both. I'll say the following:

1.) Construction is on pace in some areas, ahead in others, and behind on some. In other words, it will open on time.
2.) Depending on operational parameters, 5 to 6 minutes seat time.

I hope I guessed the 2 possible questions from your post.

*1023*
Will Disney release a video showing us what the boat ride might be? Kind of like the Toy Story Slinky Dog coaster video at D23.

BD-Anaheim

George, you misunderstand. I never said any of these things you've stated here.
I simply wasn't expecting this. Isn't it OK to be pleasantly surprised by new attractions and lands within Theme Parks these days?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
George, you misunderstand. I never said any of these things you've stated here.
I simply wasn't expecting this. Isn't it OK to be pleasantly surprised by new attractions and lands within Theme Parks these days?

I know and I hope people don't think that. Your comment did give me a good springboard and I apologize for any consternation I may have caused. Of course, you can be excited and I'm glad you are. I've just gotten in too may weird arguments over this going all the way back to 2011...anyway, for the record, none of the weird arguments were with you. All you did was provide a good rhetorical starting point for a nerdy weirdo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom