AVATAR land construction progress

twebber55

IIRC, there was an article in a California based magazine that indicated that it was going to be a D-Ticket level attraction. I am almost certain of it because I remember the excitement that generated when it was published.

EDIT: Actually, I just googled it and one of the first links that came up calling this ride a D-Ticket level attraction is this site! :)

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...y-coming-to-pandora---the-world-of-avatar.htm

http://www.latimes.com/travel/theme...and-disney-animal-kingdom-20150707-story.html

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, Nov 11. In center of the below photo, the first faux vegetation can be seen on the surface of the rock in the foreground.
IMG_6809 cropped.jpg

Brian Swan

Having not looked at these in a long time, going back to them, what I notice is how little "track" is indicated inside the boat ride show building. I'm not an expert on these things, but if the "boats" are to scale, and are approximately the same size as a "standard" WDW boat (and concept art seems to support this), the track appears to be even shorter than Maelstrom. There also seems to be a lot of unused space (although this may be needed to create the effect of the forest being much larger). What's intriguing is that the track implies an outdoor section as well. I'm wondering if this will just be for loading/unloading (similar to iasw in DL), or if there will actually be show scenes outdoors before entering the "night". Or was the original blueprint "notional" and a complete redesign has been done? I've been following along here pretty closely, but I may well have missed some of the 130+ pages, so forgive me if this has been discussed before...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Having not looked at these in a long time, going back to them, what I notice is how little "track" is indicated inside the boat ride show building. I'm not an expert on these things, but if the "boats" are to scale, and are approximately the same size as a "standard" WDW boat (and concept art seems to support this), the track appears to be even shorter than Maelstrom. There also seems to be a lot of unused space (although this may be needed to create the effect of the forest being much larger). What's intriguing is that the track implies an outdoor section as well. I'm wondering if this will just be for loading/unloading (similar to iasw in DL), or if there will actually be show scenes outdoors before entering the "night". Or was the original blueprint "notional" and a complete redesign has been done? I've been following along here pretty closely, but I may well have missed some of the 130+ pages, so forgive me if this has been discussed before...

I think you are reading to much into the plans. The plans show the boat ride entering and leaving the corner of the Banshee ride show building, but that doesn't mean it's going outside, just into another area not shown on the plans. If you look a the aerials of the construction you can see that the boat ride show building is larger then just that corner of the Banshee ride.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I think you are reading to much into the plans. The plans show the boat ride entering and leaving the corner of the Banshee ride show building, but that doesn't mean it's going outside, just into another area not shown on the plans. If you look a the aerials of the construction you can see that the boat ride show building is larger then just that corner of the Banshee ride.

Looks like what's shown of the boat ride in the small portion of the schematic vs. the remaining size of the building indicates that the limited portion of what's shown in the schematic may make about 1/3 to 1/2 of the total circuit of the attraction.

Capture.PNG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom