AVATAR land construction progress

Eoghann

Are they going to build that blue planet as well? Sorry if this has been answered already.
I guess there's a chance it might show up as a projection in the boat ride that is supposed to be set at night?

Building the planet might be problematic though. Its gravitational effects would mess with the tides. Plus you have to consider CapEx and the shareholders...

180º

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
I guess there's a chance it might show up as a projection in the boat ride that is supposed to be set at night?

Building the planet might be problematic though. Its gravitational effects would mess with the tides. Plus you have to consider CapEx and the shareholders...

Good one! Forgot about the pull!

Siren

at the bottom of the page there is a number and it reads 19982017DAK
so thats a clue that disney still plans on opening in 2017 that and what @BrianLo pointed out in terms of where cars land was at this point leads me to believe this will be a March 2017 opening
We've already figured that part out, I just thought there were more clues. And, don't be surprised if Disney delays the opening of Avatarland to correlate more with the Avatar 2 debut.

Are they going to build that blue planet as well? Sorry if this has been answered already.
I sure hope so, that blue planet is so gorgeous. Whenever, I look at the planet -- it just mesmerizes me. Every. Time.

I would totally love a projection on the boat ride and over Avatarland, too! The blue planet is so pretty, it just has to be there!

ChrisI

So, how realistic is it to expect Avatarland fully operational by December 2017? I'm hearing rumors that 2018 is looking more likely...

twebber55

Just came from AK. Still more or less looks the same as the photos we've been seeing. Just metal and wire. Didn't notice any rock work starting yet.

As a side note, the addition to Disney Outfitters looks almost complete and there was lots of work going on at ROL.
i saw that you posted and was hoping for pictures
thanks for the update

doctornick

Did anything come of the talk in the Spring to add a third attraction to the land amount to anything?

We still don't know the specifics of all the details for the land, but I think it still seems likely that the third attraction that WDW1974 mentioned was a light up walking trail (possibly with AA animals as well) similar in concept to the animal trails in Asia and Africa. There's no indication of a third ride coming to the land.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, Sept 4. A still photo you can study, rather than freeze a video frame.....

IMG_6072.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom