AVATAR land construction progress

BrianLo

Just remember, there is a lot of rock work here. And then after that millions of fake plants to "plant" on those rocks. Cars Land didn't have that amount of fake vegetation to deal with.

I could easily see this slipping to '18.

No doubt it's probably more complex... But Carsland took just over 35 months from promotional ground breaking. I don't think Pandora is taking 48, no matter how complex.

The project may get delayed from their internal projection, but delayed I think would be June 2017, really delayed would be the fall, I just don't think at this point it's being delayed by a whole year.

Unless they delay the second ride for no good reason of course.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Good point. I don't think I've ever paid attention to the paths in AK. I've noticed them in MK.
It was something I took notice of the moment I walked into the park. The amount of detail they put into the path you walk on is insane. All of the edges are irregular, the expansion joints look like random cracks and the went as far as to put in animal, bike and vehicle tracks. It is really taken to the extreme on KS where you will see 1'-2' deep mud ruts that look like they have been formed by the safari vehicles.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
OOPS Siren beat me to it...oh well...

Also ACE has "put together a variety of experiences that soon all can enjoy."
Of course the back page wants to sell you something... but the reading
material there is also a "hint" of things to expect.

If you are excited, GOOD. If you are not, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

*1023*

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 148
  • MiddleL.jpg
    MiddleL.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 142
  • MiddleR.jpg
    MiddleR.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 148
  • zBack.jpg
    zBack.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 144

juan

Remember, all construction is dictated by budgets, schedules, and fiscal quarters.
In this day and age of extreme Wall Street oversight, rarely anything is done as fast as possible.
Can it be done quicker? yes
Will it be? no
Is the rate of construction as fast as fans want? no
I know other projects may seem to go slower/faster, but that is all due to budget and schedule constraints. Also keep in mind the time it takes throughout Florida for site preparation, infrastructure, and wetland mitigation.

There was a behind the scenes video when they were building Mermaid that showed a 3D program that could be fast forwarded to show what would be completed on any particular date. It was never a "build as much as you can each day" project.
This is good to consider when looking at the completion rate of Avatar and any other project.

Disneyhead'71

Not gonna lie, I may be a little nervous walking under those BA floating rocks the first time. I would love to see a documentary on the engineering involved to support those like that. Does anyone know who the architect/engineer is on this project? Or does Imagineering do all the engineering as well?
No need to worry, the same guys that engineered that yeti are designing it.

"We got this!"

dstrawn9889

well, you walk underneath the ToL, right? same thing. metal construction base, rebar cage and gunite sprayed on and sculpted. no worse than the breezeways in communicor innoventions, or walking under SSE (alucabond is not held as tight as rebar and concrete)... for that matter, do you drive on the US highway system? every underpass you go through...

ABQ

well, you walk underneath the ToL, right? same thing. metal construction base, rebar cage and gunite sprayed on and sculpted. no worse than the breezeways in communicor innoventions, or walking under SSE (alucabond is not held as tight as rebar and concrete)... for that matter, do you drive on the US highway system? every underpass you go through...
Help a brother out, what's ToL? Couldn't find it here http://www.wdwmagic.com/acronyms.htm

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Just like the TOL, so you mean things might fall on your from the floating mountain too? ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom