AVATAR land construction progress

UpAllNight

I know people are limited by what they can say but can anyone answer if there is ANY chance this will be open around May/June 2017?

So difficult when trying to arrange a trip well in advance (best prices from the UK!)

twebber55

image-jpg.109592

lots of new stuff in this picture

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I know people are limited by what they can say but can anyone answer if there is ANY chance this will be open around May/June 2017?

So difficult when trying to arrange a trip well in advance (best prices from the UK!)

I think that is possible, but Disney won't lock down a firm date until we are much closer, so be prepared for it not to be open if you have to plan well in advance.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
June 2017 is still 22 months away, @BrianLo pointed out what cars land at 19.5 months out looked like and Pandora is much further along
but like we ve said all along who knows

I am not as optimistic as you. :) But no matter who you care to believe, someone should never plan vacations around future attractions that's don't have official opening dates.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
One of the reasons I think this could take longer is that on top of all the rock work, which should be just as complex if not more so then Carsland, there is another whole layer of details that has to go on top of that, and that is what is likely to be a mix of artificial and natural plans some of which might have the bio luminescent effects built in to them.

Marlins1

I agree - there is so much unique detail to go intoPandora. Just a guess on my part but I think Toy Story Land could get rushed to May 2017 and Pandora goes to very early 2018.

articos

June 2017? As someone else said, don't plan your trip around as yet unopened attractions, especially on a scale like this, but saying that, I think you'll be ok.

UpAllNight

We're going around that time of year regardless, but would go slightly later if it would increase our chances of seeing Pandora. We like exploring new things, so we're also trying to time it so that Volcano Bay is open too :)

BrianLo

June 2017 is still 22 months away, @BrianLo pointed out what cars land at 19.5 months out looked like and Pandora is much further along
but like we ve said all along who knows

Actually I think it's a touch behind that, Carsland was placing its last piece of steel and had a significant chunk of the Cadillac range being painted.

22 months (or June) does seem like moderate odds of getting into the land though. At least if you miss it there are (finally) many reasons down the line for another trip.

twebber55

Actually I think it's a touch behind that, Carsland was placing its last piece of steel and had a significant chunk of the Cadillac range being painted.

22 months (or June) does seem like moderate odds of getting into the land though. At least if you miss it there are (finally) many reasons down the line for another trip.
ill defer to you on this one but they look roughly the same to me with lots of exposed steel

doctornick

Yes, FWIW, by June 2017, the following should open: Rivers of Light, night safaris, Frozen Ever After, new scenes for Soarin' and Star Tours, Star Wars Launch Bay. There's strong rumors of a new villains show at DHS and possibly other shows (replacement for Dream Along with Mickey, daytime show at Fantasmic! theater, replacement for VOTLM). The opening date for Toy Story Land is not certain, but some in the know have suggested a 2017 opening (it could be built quite quickly once land is cleared).

We are finally getting to the point where there should be new things opening continuously once again.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
ill defer to you on this one but they look roughly the same to me with lots of exposed steel

The question is, now much more steel needs to go up. Looking at the aerial from early August it looks like there is a lot more steel to go in to cover the side of the Banshee ride show building that faces the rest of the land. It's hard to see the progress on this area from the ground pictures.

flyerjab

A myriad of Pandora photos for your viewing pleasure.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The last thing I will add is that if you are visiting WDW, you should visit DAK. These pictures are nice to have and all, but it doesn't do the scope or grandeur of this project any justice.

The other thing that it has going for it is its location. Whether by car or bus, you absolutely can't miss it, especially the floating mountains. They will be an architectural and engineering achievement you won't find at any other Florida park.

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

A myriad of Pandora photos for your viewing pleasure.

View attachment 110008

View attachment 110009

View attachment 110011

View attachment 110012

View attachment 110013

The last thing I will add is that if you are visiting WDW, you should visit DAK. These pictures are nice to have and all, but it doesn't do the scope or grandeur of this project any justice.

The other thing that it has going for it is its location. Whether by car or bus, you absolutely can't miss it, especially the floating mountains. They will be an architectural and engineering achievement you won't find at any other Florida park.
Awesome pictures - your first picture really got my attention when I realized the steel structures are now above the tree line. Massive!

P_Radden

Something I've been wondering:

It looks like they incorporated the worker platforms into the rock mountains by having all those steel bars sticking out and laying scaffold decking boards over top them. This is an awesome idea, as opposed to building lots of scaffold towers everywhere, but I wonder how those steel beams will be removed once the rock face is completed? Also, are they doing the rock facade around the beams, removing them later, then patching in all those holes?

See these older pic for reference, notice all the support beams sticking out and supporting the work platforms:
IMG_7610.jpg

IMG_7607.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom