AVATAR land construction progress

Clamman73

blogger-image-933446431.jpg
So it says Travel License #19982017DAK-??02???

What are those last numbers and/or letters?

Siren

Here is a larger picture.
IMG_50802.jpg

Ugh. I stared at that number for the longest, trying to make sense of it. LOL. Thanks for pointing that out. So, 1998 is the year AK opened and Avatarland is aiming for 2017, I guess.
latest

According to wiki '880' stands for "Project 880" which was "James Cameron's original idea and scriptment for Avatar that he wrote in 1995. There are a few extra characters in the script that did not appear on-screen, and some character names are different."

And, Avatar the film came out in 2009. Mystery solved!

twebber55

IMG_50802.jpg

Ugh. I stared at that number for the longest, trying to make sense of it. LOL. Thanks for pointing that out. So, 1998 is the year AK opened and Avatarland is aiming for 2017, I guess.
latest

According to wiki '880' stands for "Project 880" which was "James Cameron's original idea and scriptment for Avatar that he wrote in 1995. There are a few extra characters in the script that did not appear on-screen, and some character names are different."

yep that was it
thanks

twebber55

IMG_50802.jpg

latest

i also think there are some clues with what will will see
stay on marked trails
listen to the forrest
do not feed wild animals

flyerjab

IMG_50802.jpg

latest

One thing that is funny to me is how many other bloggers/podcasters out there that are reviewing/commenting on the D23 Pandora presentation don't even realize that the Marshall Lamm character is actually played by Avatar producer Jon Landau.

Figment2005

I sure hope you are very wrong on the timeline for DHS. TSL first sometime in 2018 seems jaw dropping considering what is already closed and that TSMM 3rd track already under construction.
The third track is supposed to be up and running in 2017 right? If that is the case, and they plan on moving the entrance, would it not make sense to have at least part of the new land complete before that happens? I want to think that the timeframe is actually shorter than people are anticipating, but I am also considered and optimistic guy.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
The third track is supposed to be up and running in 2017 right? If that is the case, and they plan on moving the entrance, would it not make sense to have at least part of the new land complete before that happens? I want to think that the timeframe is actually shorter than people are anticipating, but I am also considered and optimistic guy.
Now to me, the common sense answer is that when the third track is ready they also have the new entrance ready. I'm not sure I should bring up common sense when talking about Disney refurbishments though. haha

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
And I also think that it would make sense that Toy Story Land comes out in 2017 at the latest as to stop the hemorrhaging of people skipping DHS entirely during their vacation.

Figment2005

Now to me, the common sense answer is that when the third track is ready they also have the new entrance ready. I'm not sure I should bring up common sense when talking about Disney refurbishments though. haha
Yeah the common sense would mean that once the new track is open, there would be no other reason to close it back down. This lends credence that at least part, if not all, of the new land will be open at the same time.

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Yeah the common sense would mean that once the new track is open, there would be no other reason to close it back down. This lends credence that at least part, if not all, of the new land will be open at the same time.
One other option I have thought might happen is that when the third track is ready it uses the new entrance. They may need to shut down the other two tracks then to connect it to the other tracks' queue. Or do you think they'll have to shut down the entire attraction for a short period of time?

P_Radden

Not gonna lie, I may be a little nervous walking under those BA floating rocks the first time. I would love to see a documentary on the engineering involved to support those like that. Does anyone know who the architect/engineer is on this project? Or does Imagineering do all the engineering as well?

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Third track is supposed to be ready by the end of 2016.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom