AVATAR land construction progress

PorterRedkey

Joe also mentioned caves to explore as well
im thinking they purposely kept a lot of details out to slowly leak things to the public..still got about a year and a half before opening
It seems only natural that they would do this. I am sure they are many details that were left out. Also, by this point the "Magic" part of My Magic+ should be up and running. I bet this will be incorporated in some way too.

Timothy_Q

I hear a lot of people complain about seeing show building when you should not and how you can see certain rides where you aren't suppose to see them, but I have never heard anyone bring up Space Mountain at Disneyland. I was shocked that when I left Guest Relations, and the first thing I saw was Space Mountain towering over Main Street.

Disneyland has the problem of continuously having to find more space for expansions in a 60 year old park. Some sight line issues will unfortunately happen. But what you're seeing from Main Street is Space Mountain. It's a land intrusion, but it's a fully themed intrusion.

In Hogsmeade what you're seeing is an unthemed show building from inside its own land, a land which was completely designed as a whole package. This issue shouldn't exist.

sedati

Joe also mentioned caves to explore as well
im thinking they purposely kept a lot of details out to slowly leak things to the public..still got about a year and a half before opening
Shanghai has a pretty involved exploration trail that goes in and around their upcoming raft ride, perhaps Pandora will have something similar.

PorterRedkey

Disneyland has the problem of continuously having to find more space for expansions in a 60 year old park. Some sight line issues will unfortunately happen. But what you're seeing from Main Street is Space Mountain. It's a land intrusion, but it's a fully themed intrusion.

In Hogsmeade what you're seeing is an unthemed show building from inside its own land, a land which was completely designed as a whole package. This issue shouldn't exist.
Good point. And to be honest there is no reason why the Forbidden Journey show building has to be exposed. Slap some brink panel or rock work on it.

bakntime

Good point. And to be honest there is no reason why the Forbidden Journey show building has to be exposed. Slap some brink panel or rock work on it.
Well with FJ, they didn't have much of a choice. If they put bricks or rockwork on it, it would extend the "mountain range" out too far and throw off the scale of Hogwarts even worse. I think they did they only thing they could - leave it bare and hope it blends in with the sky. While it's certainly worse than a properly located building (from certain angles the visible show building really kills the scale of the castle), they probably made the best artistic choice by leaving it blank. Further rockwork might only call more attention to the unsightly shape/scale.

Timothy_Q

Well with FJ, they didn't have much of a choice. If they put bricks or rockwork on it, it would extend the "mountain range" out too far and throw off the scale of Hogwarts even worse. I think they did they only thing they could - leave it bare and hope it blends in with the sky. While it's certainly worse than a properly located building (from certain angles the visible show building really kills the scale of the castle), they probably made the best artistic choice by leaving it blank. Further rockwork might only call more attention to the unsightly shape/scale.

You don't have to theme the building itself.
Just create an environment where the view of the building is blocked
Build a barrier of some sort on the red line. It can be extended rockwork, tress, or anything else they come up with

hogwarts.jpg

bakntime

You don't have to theme the building itself.
Just create an environment where the view of the building is blocked
Build a barrier of some sort on the red line. It can be extended rockwork, tress, or anything else they come up with

View attachment 106357
Yeah that's a possibility. I agree they did a questionable job of layout, but I feel like the space constraints were in play. I think the top of the show building would still be visible unless you're fairly close to the barrier, or unless the barrier is ridiculously tall, in which case it would look odd. If you're standing in the path in the lower part of that photograph, I think the top of the building would be visible no matter what you put on the red line.

P_Radden

Looking at those pics, I think it's safe to assume the boat ride will be indoors only. Do you guys agree? I can't see any sort of trench or track foundation outside the building that would suggest otherwise

Mawg

Looking at those pics, I think it's safe to assume the boat ride will be indoors only. Do you guys agree? I can't see any sort of trench or track foundation outside the building that would suggest otherwise
Joe Rohde pretty much already confirmed the whole ride would be indoors at D23 when he stated that the boat ride would give people a view of what the land looks like always at night.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Joe Rohde pretty much already confirmed the whole ride would be indoors at D23 when he stated that the boat ride would give people a view of what the land looks like always at night.
Well sort of. It is conceivable to think that this area is inside a cave, underground, etc. A very short outdoor section would be consistent with that illusion. Of course you could just as easily have the cave entrance as the start of the queue.

Mawg

Well sort of. It is conceivable to think that this area is inside a cave, underground, etc. A very short outdoor section would be consistent with that illusion. Of course you could just as easily have the cave entrance as the start of the queue.
Yes, I agree, it is not completely confirmed but can you imagine how crowded the other ride would get when it rains.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom