AVATAR land construction progress

HauntedMansionFLA

Friday and Saturday should be pretty fun around here
I so pumped for the D23. " Stupidly Excited " :) I hope we get lots of details going on at DAK. Avatar, Rivers Of Light nighttime show and tree of life lite up at night - great stuff. Also, I hope they start to let us know the park hours. Oh, plus the nighttime safari ( almost forgot ). My wife doesn't follow these boards at all but I started showing her some of the pictures of Avatar and she was like " oh my God, that place is massive ". She also like all of the seating going in for the nighttime show. We always enjoyed DAK when they had the evening EMH back in the day. It seems like the park would empty out and we had run of the place. It takes a different tone once it gets dark ( in a good way if you haven't experienced it). Kali Rapids will be cool in the dark too.

HauntedMansionFLA

http://disneyatwork.com/

Just had this pop up on my Facebook new feed. I am not sure when these pictures were taken, but they are taken at some different angles than I have seen before.
Wow, just wow. Thank you for posting this feed. Great pictures! Looks like they are full steam ahead!!!!!!!!! And yes, we need aerials ! PhotoMaps is still is reading December 2014!!! :(

BrianLo

2nd picture is interesting because I always thought that mtn would not be a floating mtn but part of the large mtn blocking the 2 ride buildings

5th picture is cool because you can see the entire floating mtn that we ve been seeing for a while

Super cool! I'll stop speculating until Friday because I'll probably change my mind another half dozen times thanks to these new angles.

The floating area certainly is much better achieved when you can see the ground, and a lot more show building is ready to go for rock work than I expected!

Looking good!

flyerjab

Regarding the photos from that link to the Disney at Work site, I was wondering how those photos were obtained. After recollecting on the area in back of the Rainforest Cafe (as I have wandered back there several times myself now to take photos of this construction), there is one spot that I have always considered going to but have resisted due to getting myself in trouble. In back of the RF Cafe, there is an open area there with waterfalls, water effects, animals, etc. In between that area and Pandora is a berm with trees that has a small perimeter fence that encloses the back of the RF Cafe. Not that I would condone such an atrocity (nor the people that operate this site), but if someone felt daring enough, one could walk up that berm and into the tree line up to where the small fence is. I guarantee that there are some photo angles one could capture that would be very similar to those found in that link. I however, in fear of being forever banned from my favorite WDW park, have not attempted to do so.

twebber55

Regarding the photos from that link to the Disney at Work site, I was wondering how those photos were obtained. After recollecting on the area in back of the Rainforest Cafe (as I have wandered back there several times myself now to take photos of this construction), there is one spot that I have always considered going to but have resisted due to getting myself in trouble. In back of the RF Cafe, there is an open area there with waterfalls, water effects, animals, etc. In between that area and Pandora is a berm with trees that has a small perimeter fence that encloses the back of the RF Cafe. Not that I would condone such an atrocity (nor the people that operate this site), but if someone felt daring enough, one could walk up that berm and into the tree line up to where the small fence is. I guarantee that there are some photo angles one could capture that would be very similar to those found in that link. I however, in fear of being forever banned from my favorite WDW park, have not attempted to do so.
I looked at his bio
He certainly has disney connections
Im sure he had access

Last edited:

Incomudro

Attachments

• MorningDragon1920x1200.jpg
    MorningDragon1920x1200.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 43

Disneyhead'71

Maybe it's just me....but those floating mountains don't look all that "huge" to me. I was expecting something much bigger.
I, personally, don't believe that the floating mountain effect will work visually. They will still be cool and highly detailed, but they won't really look like the movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom