AVATAR land construction progress

andre85

And for the record, I'll be amazed if they do much of anything to the back of the simulator building. It butts right up against the park perimeter.

Also, I am not that concerned with what the park looks like from the parking lot. I am certain others are, but I would rather that money be spent in places where I am immersed in the experience.

Indeed. I just stayed at a hotel near Disneyland that butted right up against the back of Cars Land--and they didn't even try to hide it. Exposed structure complete with wooden support beams.

Atomicmickey

Hoping the entire inside of that beast of a building is themed . . . like you are climbing the rocks
to get to a banshee, going inside tunnels, etc.

Think about Splash Mountain's queue, rather than Soarin's queue. That is my wish.

I certainly hope it isn't some sort of 'military Avatar banshee training center' theme.

In general, I'm concerned about that military part more than just about anything . . . .

El Grupo

Hoping the entire inside of that beast of a building is themed . . . like you are climbing the rocks

Think about Splash Mountain's queue, rather than Soarin's queue. That is my wish.

I certainly hope it isn't some sort of 'military Avatar banshee training center' theme.

In general, I'm concerned about that military part more than just about anything . . . .

I agree on the inside.

Based on the concept art, my understanding is that the sections of this building facing the park will be all rock-work and plants/vines. Hopefully that is carried throughout the queue.

My guess, like others have posted, is that the back will be painted or themed slightly. But, I would think the costs to theme all sides would be considerable.

HauntedMansionFLA

Based on the art work, it looks like they will focus on the beauty of the environment. Plus there are three more movies coming out. I believe one is based on the ocean life.

Steel City Magic

Ugh. Actually even at this point without seeing the new movies or even what it would entail, I think I'm more excited for a phase 2 pandora ocean world expansion than I am the original phase one pandora that we are getting hahaha
I think cameron is Disney's next acquisition. .. not any of his IP but the man himself. They'll keep him stored in the broom closet.

HauntedMansionFLA

Ugh. Actually even at this point without seeing the new movies or even what it would entail, I think I'm more excited for a phase 2 pandora ocean world expansion than I am the original phase one pandora that we are getting hahaha
I think cameron is Disney's next acquisition. .. not any of his IP but the man himself. They'll keep him stored in the broom closet.
I wish Disney would tackle the world's oceans and what they can teach us.

Steel City Magic

I'd say more like 'blowing money brown', or 'our stocks are rising orange'... not a big fan of this technique not theming from every angle. People driving down the road don't have some jaw dropping view to lure them in. I understand it's WDW and not a local amusement park but c'mon. I expect to see show building from and 'amusement' park not a 'theme' park, even if it's from the parking lot, highway etc.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

So if they do paint the side of the building what would be more likely - go away green or sky blue?
Either put up a small wall to block the view of the buses entering or:
image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom