AVATAR land construction progress

flyerjab

Here are some more photos. What is important to note is that this was the first time that a security guard came back and positioned himself between me and the gate in back of Rainforest Cafe. There must be many more people coming back to gawk at this thing. There were actually two guards back there by the time that I left. And by the way, the mesh overlay has started lower down on the larger floating mountain. You can see it in the one picture if you expand it a bit.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

This last one has the mesh in the lower part.

twebber55

Here are some more photos. What is important to note is that this was the first time that a security guard came back and positioned himself between me and the gate in back of Rainforest Cafe. There must be many more people coming back to gawk at this thing. There were actually two guards back there by the time that I left. And by the way, the mesh overlay has started lower down on the larger floating mountain. You can see it in the one picture if you expand it a bit.

View attachment 101846

View attachment 101848

View attachment 101849

View attachment 101850

View attachment 101851

awesome job @flyerjab
im going on record that the new mtn being built and connected to the other mtn will be the tallest point of the construction

Last edited:

jt04

View attachment 101846

View attachment 101848

View attachment 101849

View attachment 101850

View attachment 101851

After the humans are gone and all the rock work and mesh has weathered away, future space explorers will find this and wonder what the heck it is.

HauntedMansionFLA

View attachment 101846

View attachment 101848

View attachment 101849

View attachment 101850

View attachment 101851

Beautiful pictures - interesting about the guards. There must be people wanting to get a little bit to close to the land.

flyerjab

not that im greedy @flyerjab but I would love another shot of the E ticket to see if it is closed in

Haha!

The only reason I didn't get a photo of the simulator building is because we actually drove down to WDW this time. I didn't take the same path in like the busses do so I couldn't get a good picture..and I was also driving.

Don't worry though. We will be going back to DAK again later in this trip. Hopefully we will take the bus. What I can tell you is that I would guess at least half of the building is enclosed, and mainly the side facing the road.

HauntedMansionFLA

Haha!

The only reason I didn't get a photo of the simulator building is because we actually drove down to WDW this time. I didn't take the same path in like the busses do so I couldn't get a good picture..and I was also driving.

Don't worry though. We will be going back to DAK again later in this trip. Hopefully we will take the bus. What I can tell you is that I would guess at least half of the building is enclosed, and mainly the side facing the road.
Looking forward to your awesome trip reports later on. Enjoy!

flyerjab

Beautiful pictures - interesting about the guards. There must be people wanting to get a little bit to close to the land.

Thanks.:)

When we went in May, there were no guards back there and we could walk all the way back to the gate behind Rainforest Cafe. This time, aside from the three cafe employees, there was a security guard there. I did not walk to the gate as I wanted to get as much of the structure as possible. My three kids however walked right up to the gate. The guard that was there asked them to step back. That is when the other guard showed up, and he had a somewhat threatening disposition. I decided it was time to move along.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I would kill for overhead shots. There is so much going on back there aside from what we can see. Ugh!

HauntedMansionFLA

Thanks.:)

When we went in May, there were no guards back there and we could walk all the way back to the gate behind Rainforest Cafe. This time, aside from the three cafe employees, there was a security guard there. I did not walk to the gate as I wanted to get as much of the structure as possible. My three kids however walked right up to the gate. The guard that was there asked them to step back. That is when the other guard showed up, and he had a somewhat threatening disposition. I decided it was time to move along.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I would kill for overhead shots. There is so much going on back there aside from what we can see. Ugh!
I've checked nearmap but it's still from December 2014 but the rest of Florida is updated. Too bad they don't have a small window for you to look through like Disney had when they were building the seven Drawf's mine coaster. Go call on moving along - you don't want to get banned from the park.

twebber55

I've checked nearmap but it's still from December 2014 but the rest of Florida is updated. Too bad they don't have a small window for you to look through like Disney had when they were building the seven Drawf's mine coaster. Go call on moving along - you don't want to get banned from the park.
starting to think there is a conspiracy going on between Disney and nearmap lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom