AVATAR land construction progress

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I've checked nearmap but it's still from December 2014 but the rest of Florida is updated. Too bad they don't have a small window for you to look through like Disney had when they were building the seven Drawf's mine coaster. Go call on moving along - you don't want to get banned from the park.

There is still hope, the Tampa area has image dates from July 8th. so maybe the Orlando area is next.

Walter Yensid

I apologize I could not get photos...was driving.

But, was driving to Animal Kingdom Lodge today and saw backside of the E-ticket. All walls enclosed except a small patch in the middle running from the ground to the top. But, all back walls are enclosed with a tan wall. Not sure if that was the color of the wall they put up or have painted it, but it is one big wall. Mesh also started on steel closest to the E-ticket (different outcropping than the one we have been seeing).

Will try to get photos when driving by again, but did want to mention it. I had not noticed any mention of these tan walls prior. Sorry if I missed it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Words I have never heard Disney use when talking about this expansion:
- Soarin'
- Coaster
- Vekoma

Just a thought.

Maybe not "Avatarland" but Disney has use "Avatar land"...

"We're very excited about Avatar Land," Iger said. "I think that will generate substantial growth down there."

Iger has also used the word Soarin'..

Moving beyond the teases, Iger revealed some more details:

"The vessels that guests will ride upon will essentially be the banshees themselves, with bodies that move to mimic a breathing beast. The flying sequences will be brought to life through large video screens — similar to “Soarin’” — with vehicles moving with the 3D action inside a massive theater."

flyerjab

Here is one. More to follow later.

image.jpg

flyerjab

And for the record, I'll be amazed if they do much of anything to the back of the simulator building. It butts right up against the park perimeter.

Also, I am not that concerned with what the park looks like from the parking lot. I am certain others are, but I would rather that money be spent in places where I am immersed in the experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom