AVATAR land construction progress

RayTheFirefly

Agreed that it looks like the one currently with the mesh will be the left-most mountain (from the perspective of entering the land from the rest of the park). Is there any way to get a picture of the other side of the land, so we can see if they're building the right-most mountain? I'd be surprised if they started the biggest, highest middle mountain if they weren't already pretty far along with the right-most one.

twebber55

Thanks! I totally take back my previous speculation in light of these photos with more than one range in relation to another. It looks the meshed range is going to be the left-most.

Although who really knows, they've only given us very limited concept art to piece it all together.
I agree
this angle gives a good view of whats going on... @danlb2000 helped with saying that black structure is temporary
and yes the mesh structure looks to be the far left side of the mtn range

twebber55

Agreed that it looks like the one currently with the mesh will be the left-most mountain (from the perspective of entering the land from the rest of the park). Is there any way to get a picture of the other side of the land, so we can see if they're building the right-most mountain? I'd be surprised if they started the biggest, highest middle mountain if they weren't already pretty far along with the right-most one.

I agree with this

flyerjab

Pics taken monday 13th. Middle-part in progress.
View attachment 101193 View attachment 101195
Enjoy.
OBE

Ok, so after I stopped drooling I immediately noticed something about the photo with the temp structure. The one curved metal structure coming off of the first large floating mountain has been added onto and now continued all the way up to the black temp metal structure. I was assuming some type of temp structure would be needed if this was truly being built from left to right.

I will be there in several days so bank on more photos coming from yours truly. I am so desperate for overhead photos that I was secretly wondering how high I could toss my 8 year old.

OldBlueEyes

For what it's worth, here's what I think:
The one with the mesh is freestanding and not part of the
3 big ones, unlessss....
... it's actually the "middle" high mountain being built on ground and
then lifted up in the middle, once they've built the left and right ones
with the "vines" in place to hold it up.
Or maybe it's this one:

At the moment my money is on the latter.
OBE

chiefs11

For what it's worth, here's what I think:
Or maybe it's this one:
View attachment 101251
I think you are right, it is probably that one in the distance on the left in that concept art. Also, I'd say the temporary supporting scaffold would be positioned right under the middle of that big archway. You can see the big branch arching upward from the assembled parts to where the scaffolding is.

Some overhead pics would be great about now
Absolutely.... you got a drone or a small plane?

Is Disney paying off nearmap to not update the Orlando area? All the other areas of Florida are updated with pretty recent pics, but Orlando and the WDW area are still from back in December.

HauntedMansionFLA

Ok, so after I stopped drooling I immediately noticed something about the photo with the temp structure. The one curved metal structure coming off of the first large floating mountain has been added onto and now continued all the way up to the black temp metal structure. I was assuming some type of temp structure would be needed if this was truly being built from left to right.

I will be there in several days so bank on more photos coming from yours truly. I am so desperate for overhead photos that I was secretly wondering how high I could toss my 8 year old.
Enjoy your trip. I'll be looking forward to another trip report like the last one.

WED Purist

Well, I agree. And if You look at the "Photoflight" line, I asked if anyone
would join to split a helicooter trip over the area while I'm in Orlando.
Absolute silence, not a word from anyone!
Talk about roaring silence.
OBE
My mother-in-law came down a couple of months ago, and we took one of those I-drive helicopter flights. It flew right over the entire site, but we were so busy talking about it that we forgot to take pictures.

dstrawn9889

For the price of the mission to Pluto, I am sure we could put a satellite in geo orbit around the earth sending photos of the construction every few minutes. Whoever has $700 million to send on this please let me know.
well lets see - spacex falcon 9 to GTO - 61.2M. that gives us 4850 kilos to work with, so now we need pricing for a geostationary, gyro stabilized platform with at least keyhole resolution... anybody want to price that out?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom