AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Mr Yee seems to have accepted what many of our insiders are still in denial over. Specifically, he now thinks Pandora is happening.

But then Disney announced long ago that construction was to start in late 2013.

Can I say, "told you so" yet? :cool:

From http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/avatar.htm

Well the original press release on announcement day stated:
"Construction is expected to begin by 2013."

A little later on the official blog, Staggs stated:
"we expect to begin construction in 2013"

So really right from the start the construction timeline has been mentioned as beginning in both 2012 and 2013, but 2013 has been the most recent date put around. I have never seen "late 2013" mentioned.

Beholder

Well, either way, I'll be glad that something is moving along. Not a big fan of Avatar, but, AK needs attention, and perhaps (I'm hoping) this will turn out pretty good. I want to see earth being moved around though.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Well, either way, I'll be glad that something is moving along. Not a big fan of Avatar, but, AK needs attention, and perhaps (I'm hoping) this will turn out pretty good. I want to see earth being moved around though.
Me too (on the earth moving around bit). I think the Avatar area could be awesome. Let's hope they open up the purse strings and use some of the money we've all put in there to blow us away.

Lee

Adventurer
I still haven't seen anything that would lead me to think Pandora is making much progress.
Everyone I talk to has been unanimously pessimistic about it.

The only real info I've had of late was that there were ongoing "creative differences" between the two main creative people involved, and that the "land" had been scaled back to one ride, merchandise and food.

Elsewhere, the conference room at TDO is getting a very nice makeover, so there is that...

twebber55

I still haven't seen anything that would lead me to think Pandora is making much progress.
Everyone I talk to has been unanimously pessimistic about it.

The only real info I've had of late was that there were ongoing "creative differences" between the two main creative people involved, and that the "land" had been scaled back to one ride, merchandise and food.

Elsewhere, the conference room at TDO is getting a very nice makeover, so there is that...
who are the two main creative people involved Rhode and JC?

twebber55

my gut still tells me its happening based on the fact this company wouldnt spend millions on moving FOTLK for no reason after 10 years or however long its been

Prototype82

Considering the Wizarding World of Harry Potter was basically one ride, merchandise and food, I'm okay with this. Because it blew me away and made me revisit multiple times with only that.

Lee

Adventurer
Any idea if it started all ready, as Construction walls are up along river in Asia! This is near one of the proposed sights.
No. And it won't be anywhere near Asia.
Considering the Wizarding World of Harry Potter was basically one ride, merchandise and food, I'm okay with this. Because it blew me away and made me revisit multiple times with only that.
Pandora won't be Wizarding World.

Pentacat

If anything, I wouldn't expect the ride technology anywhere near it. What would you assume it to be compared to?

None of the leaked plans had anything about a "Kuka" based ride like Forbidden Journey. Something more along the lines of Soarin 2.0, a "4D" theater kind of attraction.

Strange that Disney has been running Sum of All Thrills since 2009 but has yet to do anything more with the technology.

Prototype82

None of the leaked plans had anything about a "Kuka" based ride like Forbidden Journey. Something more along the lines of Soarin 2.0, a "4D" theater kind of attraction.

Strange that Disney has been running Sum of All Thrills since 2009 but has yet to do anything more with the technology.
I have heard about the "Soarin 2.0" concept and seen the blue prints. Just curious if that was what they were going to settle on. If the environment is phenomenal and they have that lone simple ride, I can totally live with that. Just kind of disappointed we're not getting the boat ride. When this project was announced I was convinced KUKA was going to be used. Kind of sad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom