AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

SleepingMonk

Wait,wait, wait.

Neytiri isn't a "princess" is she?

Forget the ride, they'll need that $200 million for the boutique and meet & greet.

:hammer:

twinnstar

Apparently most people did not do that, given the box office receipts. I wasn't a huge fan of the movie, but now I have a reason to revisit it with an open mind. I am sure many will do the same. For those who do not like Avatar, I am sure they will still flock to the new attractions....

Why does the number of people who went to see a movie have any bearing on if they liked it? I saw Avatar in the theater, and I hated it. So did almost everyone I know. Just cause someone paid for a movie ticket, doesn't mean they then walked out and liked the movie. I know a lot of people who won't be going to the next Avatar. Maybe we're the minority, who knows...but I wouldn't assume.

Prototype82

I'm watching AVATAR on HBO ON DEMAND right now for the first time since seeing it in the theaters.
I must admit, I'm looking at it in a whole new light.

I'll bet there'll be a lot of us WDW fanatics doing the same thing over the next few days.

I've been listening to the soundtrack nonstop ever since.

Scuttle

I'm watching AVATAR on HBO ON DEMAND right now for the first time since seeing it in the theaters.
I must admit, I'm looking at it in a whole new light.

I'll bet there'll be a lot of us WDW fanatics doing the same thing over the next few days.

I watched it last night! Lol. It has sooooooo much potential. If anyone can pull it off it's Cameron and Imagineering working together.

WDWmazprty

Exactly. But meanwhile we have tons of people getting caught up in the details. It is a blanket theme that will bring people into a park that has trouble supporting itself with its operating costs. This will be HUGE, and will mean better additions and offering at the resort as a whole...

This. Most people are not going to think like a lot of the ones on this forum that worry about the details. They're going to say 'Avatar at Disney World? Let's see what this is about.' People who don't even like Avatar will pay the money just out of curiosity to see what Disney did with it. And thats where Disney wins, because they will have gotten the peoples money, which when all is said and done is a major reason (not the only reason) but a major reason why any and all expansions, changes, etc. are done.

The Avatar addition will ultimately make. money. for. Disney.

twinnstar

This. Most people are not going to think like a lot of the ones on this forum that worry about the details. They're going to say 'Avatar at Disney World? Let's see what this is about.' People who don't even like Avatar will pay the money just out of curiosity to see what Disney did with it. And thats where Disney wins, because they will have gotten the peoples money, which when all is said and done is a major reason (not the only reason) but a major reason why any and all expansions, changes, etc. are done.

Do you really think people will pay money, that they wouldnt have otherwise, to see the Avatar land? I will agree that the haters (myself included) will all go to the land to see what its about...but I don't think people who werent normally going to go to WDW or AK would buy a ticket JUST to see that. HP has tons and tons and tons of hardcore fans. People (myself included! haha) flew on a plane and made a whole vacation JUST to go to that one little part of Universal! I don't think the fan base is there for Avatar..

Prototype82

Why does the number of people who went to see a movie have any bearing on if they liked it? I saw Avatar in the theater, and I hated it. So did almost everyone I know. Just cause someone paid for a movie ticket, doesn't mean they then walked out and liked the movie. I know a lot of people who won't be going to the next Avatar. Maybe we're the minority, who knows...but I wouldn't assume.

Lol quite a few of my friends saw it in theaters multiple times.

WDWmazprty

Do you really think people will pay money, that they wouldnt have otherwise, to see the Avatar land? I will agree that the haters (myself included) will all go to the land to see what its about...but I don't think people who werent normally going to go to WDW or AK would buy a ticket JUST to see that. HP has tons and tons and tons of hardcore fans. People (myself included! haha) flew on a plane and made a whole vacation JUST to go to that one little part of Universal! I don't think the fan base is there for Avatar..

Yup. I think they will. A lot of people did it with HP at Universal. I know a lot of people who aren't fans of HP, but went to Uni to see how they were able to 'bring it to real life'. Some of them are fans now and some still aren't, but they paid.

Plus, again, Avatar only has one movie out, the other two are being made; therefore, the fanbase is still growing.

MissMorrow

I was just thinking, hopefully they will build it so it can be easily de-Avatared into a more generic alien planet just in case the franchise doesn't pan out.

worldfanatic

Exactly, and that's a "very good thing".

As a Disney fan, I want them to make money, so they realize park investment pays off and keep investing in the parks.

As a Disney stockholder, I simply want them to make money, and keep making money in the future.

The "business side" and the "fan side" aren't mutually exclusive.
They feed off each other.

The Mom

Premium Member

A quick search just pulled up multiple Avatar fansites. Who knew? Just as millions of people neither know nor care about WDW fansites.

So perhaps there are people who would go just to see Avatar land who would not go to see The Mouse?

WDWmazprty

A quick search just pulled up multiple Avatar fansites. Who knew? Just as millions of people neither know nor care about WDW fansites.

So perhaps there are people who would go just to see Avatar land who would not go to see The Mouse?

Yup. I know people who are NOT fans of Mickey. At all. Now, they will probably go to the World just knowing there is something different from everything Mickey. Disney is trying to appeal to more audiences and they will succeed with Avatar. They know this will bring in the money, which, again, is ultimately one of the main reasons they exist. To entertain people and make money.

worldfanatic

Do you really think people will pay money, that they wouldnt have otherwise, to see the Avatar land? I will agree that the haters (myself included) will all go to the land to see what its about...but I don't think people who werent normally going to go to WDW or AK would buy a ticket JUST to see that.

Are you serious?
Do you really think people WON'T pay money to see it?

AVATAR is gonna attract LEGIONS of new visitors.
Especially if they do it like I think they will.
The press will be all over it!!!

You can be a hater, that's fine.
But don't stick your head in the sand.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Disney is trying to appeal to more audiences and they will succeed with Avatar. They know this will bring in the money, which, again, is ultimately one of the main reasons they exist. To entertain people and make money.

I wouldnt be surprised if there was an animated series on the Disney Channel about a year prior to the opening of the themed land. This will be marketed heavily. I anticipate that prior to the sequal(s) we will see the first one released back into theaters for a brief time to allow those who did not see it in theaters originally to have the opportunity.

twinnstar

Are you serious?
Do you really think people WON'T pay money to see it?

AVATAR is gonna attract LEGIONS of new visitors.
Especially if they do it like I think they will.
The press will be all over it!!!

You can be a hater, that's fine.
But don't stick your head in the sand.

I am serious. Why can't I have a different opinion then you? My opinion is a shot in the dark just as much as yours is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom