AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

articos

The gates were definitely working when I was there last week. That video is not that recent. But yes, the first dinosaur's neck looks terrible.
The gates are sometimes locked open if they need to cycle quickly, so they don't fault under minimal reset times and stop the ride. They also do have a higher failure rate on some of the parts because they're constantly opening and closing in a wet environment. Glad to hear they're working, since they lend a needed "moment" to the entry. Re: the ultrasaurs, there's a joint right where that "break" is that is supposed to straighten out at full extension, then there's a rotation at the base of the neck that didn't appear to be fully functioning either. With the joint locked off into a back and forth, partial up/down, it just looks terrible, especially since they didn't even bother to extend the joint to make it smooth before locking it out. Bad show. Hopefully they'll get her fixed soon. They could be hiding a ripped skin, though, too, or might have a framework piece that's broken and holding it in that position.

bubbles1812

Please tell me you've seen the Princess and the Frog because it is literally on the same level as ALL of those.
Honestly going to have to disagree that it is on the same level as those other films. I'd say it is on the tier below them, though at the same time well above most of the other films Disney has put out in the last decade. But as someone echoed, it doesn't have that memorable of songs. (@ThemeParks4Life, I barely remember those songs or any of the others in the film. Id say Almost There especially had great animation at that point, or at least it was unique but its lyrics werent *that* great. I don't remember the way I do other songs. Friends on the other side was cool to be sure but it doesnt stand out to me the way Be Prepared or Poor Unfortunate Souls or even Gaston do). The main character I found to be a bit annoying (obviously my own personal feelings there), and I just don't think the film has quite the magic the early Disney Renaissance films did. Choosing New Orleans as the main setting was a bold choice and credit for that but I don't think it always worked. It did have a great villain though. But to say that there is a "consensus" that it is a top tier film is false... I haven't seen that at all even from people who really liked the film.

misterID

You can have that opinion, but I'm pretty sure there's no consenus on it being on par with the three other movies you mentioned.
Princess & The Frog is one of the best Disney Princess films to date. It's one of my favorites, admittedly, but the only thing that it doesn't have are those great songs by Alan Menken and Howard Ashman. I would put it above TLM. The art/animation is absolutely outstanding.

I would love to see WDW get a New Orleans square themed to P&TF.

Animaniac93-98

I would put it on the same tier as those movies as well. Of the 52 films released by Disney feature animation, PAtF is in the top 12 in my eyes. But I guess I am not part of that "consensus" you talk about. ;)

IMDB ratings:

The Lion King: 8.4/10
Beauty and the Beast: 8/10
Aladdin: 7.9/10
The Little Mermaid: 7.5/10
The Princess and the Frog: 7.1/10

There is a consenus. You just won't find it on a Disney fan forum where a dozen or less posters are talking about it.

For those curious, Tangled socres 7.8/10.

misterID

Tangled doesn't belong in the same breath as those films mentioned above. It was a nice Disney animated film. That's it.

And IMDB ratings aren't exctly ones I'd look to for valid, relevant, unbiased info.

MUTZIE77

I disagree; I thought that the music was the best part of the movie (both the songs and the soundtrack). I think Newman's work ranks right up there with some of Menken's best stuff. Several of the songs were very catchy, especially this little ditty.

The music in that movie is fantastic, I love the New Orleans jazz.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom