AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

danlb_2000

Premium Member
After thinking long and hard about this, I really do think Disney should just shelve this whole Avatar project altogether. Disney has properties of their own to explore (Lucasfilm, Marvel, etc) Avatar is not a Disney owned brand and therefore I don't think its necessary for Disney to spend millions upon millions on building a whole land worth of attractions on a franchise that isn't rightfully theirs, that's something the folks over at Universal does best. It's all under James Cameron's doing, for whatever reason (I heard it has to do with him wanting a bigger budget to go into the project) he's been stalling on the project and if he continues to go down this route, he's just going to end up losing. I just hope Imagineering are coming up with secondary options and if push comes to shove with Cameron, Disney can just turn it around and say "Hey, we've been very cooperative and understanding of your needs and demands, Mr. Cameron. But I think we've come to terms in passing on this project, good luck with your franchise." And let that be the end of the brewing Disney/Cameron relationship.

As I said, Disney has more than enough of their own material to capitalize from. I would love to see Animal Kingdom receive attractions based off of Indiana Jones or Kraven the Hunter, there are many possibilities! Avatar though, while the movie looked amazing visually but the story itself sucked and by the information of attractions I've read, "Pandora" seems to be Cameron and Disney's version of their own Jurassic Park (IOA)... and we don't want/NEED that!

Lucasfilm wasn't rightly owned by Disney until last year, what suddenly makes it worthy and not Avatar? If Disney were to buy the IP rights to Avatar would it suddenly be ok for them to build it? Although Universal does do a good job with outside franchises, so does Disney, just look at Star Tours and Indiana Jones and the Template of the Forbidden Eye. Since DHS already has Star Wars and Indy, Lucasfilm stuff would most likely go there, and they can't use Marvel in WDW, so that still leaves them with needing something for AK.

champdisney

Lucasfilm wasn't rightly owned by Disney until last year, what suddenly makes it worthy and not Avatar? If Disney were to buy the IP rights to Avatar would it suddenly be ok for them to build it? Although Universal does do a good job with outside franchises, so does Disney, just look at Star Tours and Indiana Jones and the Template of the Forbidden Eye. Since DHS already has Star Wars and Indy, Lucasfilm stuff would most likely go there, and they can't use Marvel in WDW, so that still leaves them with needing something for AK.

Your not catching my drift, Disney and Lucasfilm has always had a good/stable relationship for years meanwhile it seems as if that Disney and Cameron's newfound partnership isn't going as well as we thought it would, obviously because neither of them can't seem to come up with some sort of an agreement and begin building after almost 2 years of the announcement being made. That's why I feel that Disney should focus with their own large library of characters rather than depending on someone elses. Yes, WDW isn't allowed to use Marvel characters but when they're time comes, obviously the ball will be on their court but who knows really. I do know from reports and interviews that James Cameron is a very difficult and stubborn person who has a knack for getting things done his way and I don't think Disney cares for that as much, whereas George Lucas had his creative differences with Michael Eisner in the past but they were still able to create great attractions, nuff said!

Bparso87

Ok this has nothing to do with if it should be built in the parks r not buy this movie is horrible. Every great movie has moments that people remember that great scene is there one here I can't think of one. This is the most overrated movie of all time bad story bad acting just great visuals.

twebber55

Ok this has nothing to do with if it should be built in the parks r not buy this movie is horrible. Every great movie has moments that people remember that great scene is there one here I can't think of one. This is the most overrated movie of all time bad story bad acting just great visuals.

for now on ill just list these instead of making the same boring arguments
http://screenrant.com/avatar-blu-ray...rd-ross-55782/
http://www.deadline.com/2010/05/19-7...ray-dvds-sold/
http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/avatar/
plus the 40 000 000 face book fans
are you going to give a chance when it opens?

Bparso87

for now on ill just list these instead of making the same boring arguments
http://screenrant.com/avatar-blu-ray...rd-ross-55782/
http://www.deadline.com/2010/05/19-7...ray-dvds-sold/
http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/avatar/
plus the 40 000 000 face book fans
are you going to give a chance when it opens?
Thanks for proving my point 83% of critics liked it far from the greatest movie ever yes it looked awesome but story acting where horrible is it your favorite movie. I know Star Wars was killed by critics too. Once again I don't care if it is built I think it will be a cool land but I hate this movie.

twebber55

Thanks for proving my point 83% of critics liked it far from the greatest movie ever yes it looked awesome but story acting where horrible is it your favorite movie. I know Star Wars was killed by critics too. Once again I don't care if it is built I think it will be a cool land but I hate this movie.
87% top critics thanks for proving my point
great movies dont always make great attractions just like bad movies dont necessarily make bad attractions...cars and tron come to mind

the greatest franchise of all time (IMO) is godfather not a good theme park attraction though

Tim_4

It "looking awesome" is the only thing that matters. It could have crap acting, crap story, crap dialogue, crap directing, crap photography, crap music, a crap name. It has dragon-things, blue guys, and glowy flowers. That's all that matters regarding its transition to a theme park land. It just has to look cool and make you go "wow" when you look at it/walk inside it.

Transformers was a horrible film franchise but most people agree it's going to be an awesome attraction. Hardly anyone has ever SEEN Song of the South but Splash Mountain is always a favorite.

twebber55

It "looking awesome" is the only thing that matters. It could have crap acting, crap story, crap dialogue, crap directing, crap photography, crap music, a crap name. It has dragon-things, blue guys, and glowy flowers. That's all that matters regarding its transition to a theme park land. It just has to look cool and make you go "wow" when you look at it/walk inside it.

Transformers was a horrible film franchise but most people agree it's going to be an awesome attraction. Hardly anyone has ever SEEN Song of the South but Splash Mountain is always a favorite.
cant wait to see the tron coaster at shanghai

Bparso87

I
87% top critics thanks for proving my point
great movies dont always make great attractions just like bad movies dont necessarily make bad attractions...cars and tron come to mind
I agree with u on that that is why I am for the land. By the way rotten tomatoes say 83 from what u posted and what I go from. I do not like the movie it is my opinion. What did u like from the movie?

twebber55

I
I agree with u on that that is why I am for the land. By the way rotten tomatoes say 83 from what u posted and what I go from. I do not like the movie it is my opinion. What did u like from the movie?
similar to you although i liked it more than you lol.....acting not so much but solid story incredible eye candy great score and i think it has a great chance to be a big hit at DAK because of how unique it is with the bioluminecent flora/fauna floating mountains etc...along with the themes of conservation and living in harmony with nature fit perfectly

man does DAK need a land mostly indoors perfect fit

Bparso87

Once agian I think it could be a great land I just think it was the most overrated movie ever. I agree with transformers but I love the brand and wil be a great attraction I am not the ones on here to blast the land just the movie. I love movies I just feel like this movie goes against what I love in movies.

Bparso87

similar to you although i liked it more than you lol.....acting not so much but solid story incredible eye candy great score and i think it has a great chance to be a big hit at DAK because of how unique it is with the bioluminecent flora/fauna floating mountains etc...along with the themes of conservation and living in harmony with nature fit perfectly

man does DAK need a land mostly indoors perfect fit
It did have a awesome score I give it that.

twebber55

Once agian I think it could be a great land I just think it was the most overrated movie ever. I agree with transformers but I love the brand and wil be a great attraction I am not the ones on here to blast the land just the movie. I love movies I just feel like this movie goes against what I love in movies.
thanks i get what you are saying....bad movie but could be a good land/attraction right?

Bparso87

thanks i get what you are saying....bad movie but could be a good land/attraction right?
Yes it can once agian it looked amazing I saw it in IMAX 3d it was awesome the first time u watch it at the theaters. Then u see it on blu ray and does not look great and then u see all the flaws in the movie. I was going to pull the top ten grossing movies and compare it but there are some bad movies on there to like transformers.

Bparso87

Here is the top 100 grossing movies in the us. As all of them are not great movies all had great moments except Star Wars TPM and avatar.

Bparso87

i also give avatar a bit of a break because the "franchise" is just starting...two more movies
Why I don't give it one if the next one is great wont make up for this movie. The dark knight was great but so was begins. It did not stop the TDKR from being the worst. I hope I turns into a great franchise but I need a great story and acting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom