AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

flynnibus

Premium Member
Dude.... Avland is a mess. There's a reason why the model was so indistinct and vague.
Right now they aren't even sure how many attractions will be built. Let alone what.

Oh how can that be? Wasn't it just last week the jTroll was telling us all how he was right on avatar all along and everyone else was wrong about avatar. Surely to make such claims he must know what is being done?? Don't crush a poor little girl's view of the world...

pdgr050642.jpg

;)

HenryMystic

Pffffft. Since when does Al Lutz care about what is best for WDW? NEVER, that is when. He simply is worried Avatar could dazzle by using more cutting edge tech than CarsLand has and even surpass the tech of FJ or anything else Uni is cooking up to the north.

Some of you are fooling yourselves but what is new?
"Gringotts is going to make FJ look like Its s Small World"-paraphrasing WhyLightBulb

FrankLapidus

I suspect if Iger is gone,the project won't happen.

That's something that has bothered me since Iger announced he was leaving (I might have already mentioned it on here so apologies if I'm repeating myself), that the project would be delayed and delayed until Iger goes, having spent significant time and money with no visible end product and his successor inherits a mess. I might be completely wrong about this but there is just no end in sight to what, up to now, has been pretty much a farce; a year of planning and development and they still have basically nothing to show for it? The Lucasfilm deal has exacerbated it because while they toil away on Avatarland, they have arguably the most lucrative IP in the world waiting in the wings.

celluloid

I love how their excuse to let some show scenes die out and thematic elements/effects was due to that they did not want to be too preachy in the park in the message of Deforestation or Environmental Awareness...

yet we get Avatar, the most preachy film since An Inconvenient Truth to the "Earth Day Park"

This project is so messed up.

cheezbat

Pffffft. Since when does Al Lutz care about what is best for WDW? NEVER, that is when. He simply is worried Avatar could dazzle by using more cutting edge tech than CarsLand has and even surpass the tech of FJ or anything else Uni is cooking up to the north.

Some of you are fooling yourselves but what is new?

Al may not really care all that much for WDW...but he does care about the company.
Avatar will not be more cutting edge than Potter, though I'm sure it could still make for a decent land. Disney really isn't into the cutting edge-being-on-top of technology like they once were.

I just wish they'd either get going on the dang project or scrap it and start on something else.

As WDW is right now, the parks are falling apart or becoming stale. Only the MK stands as a solid park at the moment.
I will continue to praise Universal, Sea World, Budch Gardens, and Legoland for continuing to increase quality and adding attractions.

Disney...get your butts moving!!!

M.rudolf

Are you saying that Project Morpho is not the current plans? How have the evolved now?
Morpho is part of the plan yes, but not the whole land. But if you look at the plans it's very nondescript, with the name morpho and the nonexistent references to avatar I think that Disney never hasn't any confidence in the project. Add in the fact that the pictures are from almost initial avatar meetings it makes me wonder are we any closer to reality. The way it is now though they may have to go thru with the project due to the money already spent.

SirLink

That's something that has bothered me since Iger announced he was leaving (I might have already mentioned it on here so apologies if I'm repeating myself), that the project would be delayed and delayed until Iger goes, having spent significant time and money with no visible end product and his successor inherits a mess. I might be completely wrong about this but there is just no end in sight to what, up to now, has been pretty much a farce; a year of planning and development and they still have basically nothing to show for it? The Lucasfilm deal has exacerbated it because while they toil away on Avatarland, they have arguably the most lucrative IP in the world waiting in the wings.

If when Iger goes and this property either fades out of minds - or they announce it is cancelled. I hope they(TWDC/TDO) don't plan on putting Star Wars in Animal Kingdom makes less sense than Avatar - and that is saying something.

SirLink

Morpho is part of the plan yes, but not the whole land. But if you look at the plans it's very nondescript, with the name morpho and the nonexistent references to avatar I think that Disney never hasn't any confidence in the project. Add in the fact that the pictures are from almost initial avatar meetings it makes me wonder are we any closer to reality. The way it is now though they may have to go thru with the project due to the money already spent.

Or they could negotiate with the BBC and create a copy of Albion from Merlin TV show. Then we can have a sexy John Hurt talking Dragon AA figure, as well as getting to explore Camelot.

M.rudolf

Or they could negotiate with the BBC and create a copy of Albion from Merlin TV show. Then we can have a sexy John Hurt talking Dragon AA figure, as well as getting to explore Camelot.
Or they could proceed with a Star Wars area in every park and make it the moon of Endor or with the boat ride part of morpho make it the planet Naboo
Edit.link I didn't see your above post before responding

M.rudolf

If when Iger goes and this property either fades out of minds - or they announce it is cancelled. I hope they(TWDC/TDO) don't plan on putting Star Wars in Animal Kingdom makes less sense than Avatar - and that is saying something.
I'll only say its a possibility

FrankLapidus

I hope they(TWDC/TDO) don't plan on putting Star Wars in Animal Kingdom makes less sense than Avatar - and that is saying something.

I agree, Star Wars wouldn't be a sensible fit for AK (though I have posted on here about Endor at AK in the past). What I meant was that before the Lucasfilm deal the insiders were saying that there was very little chance of Disney being able to do anything with the SW franchise in the theme parks because they were not on good terms with Lucas. Now they own the franchise, as far as I'm aware they can pretty much do what they want with it in the parks, so the longer they spend time and money on Avatarland with no sign of progress, you begin to wonder why they aren't taking advantage of the possibilities SW offers, not to mention it removes the problem Disney seem to be having of appeasing an outside party. Just my thoughts on this thing so far.

jt04

Dude.... Avland is a mess. There's a reason why the model was so indistinct and vague.
Right now they aren't even sure how many attractions will be built. Let alone what.

I see the mouses' use of Jedi mind tricks are even more effective now that he owns the franchise.

"No need in noticing the happenings at DAK, Universal" "There are no future plans whatsoever" "Move along"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom