AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Jedeye80

This would be epic! A Peter Jackson consulted land would blow away anything built in recent memory. It's got my vote.
Always thought that maybe Disney should bring in someone like Peter Jackson or the tim burton of 15 year ago as a consultant for attractions, like uni have with Spielberg

TP2000

Always thought that maybe Disney should bring in someone like Peter Jackson or the tim burton of 15 year ago as a consultant for attractions, like uni have with Spielberg

Spielberg was the consultant for the Indiana Jones Adventure rides at Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea. I imagine he also had to have some sort of sign-off or consultant work for the Indy stunt show at DHS.

Beholder

Tim Burton, that would definitely be interesting. The visuals would be stunning. A bit creepy, and just a little twisted. I like it.

Jedeye80

Tim Burton, that would definitely be interesting. The visuals would be stunning. A bit creepy, and just a little twisted. I like it.
Just think what a nightmare before Xmas dark ride would be like, he's got an eye for the twisted and strange and I'd love to see him let loose on a Disney park.

Jedeye80

Spielberg was the consultant for the Indiana Jones Adventure rides at Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea. I imagine he also had to have some sort of sign-off or consultant work for the Indy stunt show at DHS.
I'm sure I remember reading that his contract with uni had run out a few year back, think he was a free agent so to speak for a while before he signed back with them.

Beholder

Spielberg could help develop a War of The Worlds thrill ride or something with Super 8. Fallen Skies perhaps. Schindlers list probably wouldn't make a good attraction...

dxwwf3

i agree this would be good but i would like to get a LOTR land from peter jackson first

I'm on the complete opposite end. I would much rather see Kong represented than LOTR. Jackson's Kong is my all time favorite non-comedy film and I could only force myself to watch the first two LOTR films and I couldn't tell you 5 things that happened in those films if my life depended on it.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
That's sad, I consider the entire franchise to be some of the most compelling and greatest films of all time (ok, honestly I didn't read the books, but the movies were grand enough)

bubbles1812

That's sad, I consider the entire franchise to be some of the most compelling and greatest films of all time (ok, honestly I didn't read the books, but the movies were grand enough)

I love the films too. The films themselves, when looked at just individually, aren't the greatest of all time IMO (though I do love them), but when you look at the work as whole and consider what was accomplished, what new technologies were explored or the way old ones were used in new ways, ect totally agree about the series being among the most compelling works of art in many years.

And the books are really good! Would encourage you read them. :) The first 150-200 pages of Fellowship of the Ring are a bit of a hard slog (the characters kind of go off on random tangent that seems a bit pointless...that section was rightly not included in the movie) but after that, the series revs up. :)

Jedeye80

I love the films, really think that LoTR land or ride would look spectacular, the whole rings universe is full of possibilities, of done right of course. I don't think I would be bothered where it was Disney or universal it's somewhere I would have to visit and spend time and ££& in.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I love the films too. The films themselves, when looked at just individually, aren't the greatest of all time IMO (though I do love them), but when you look at the work as whole and consider what was accomplished, what new technologies were explored or the way old ones were used in new ways, ect totally agree about the series being among the most compelling works of art in many years.

Well I think they were a very good combination of emotion, action, romance, scenery, overwhelming visuals....I just love it...and before the first one came out, I really didn't want to see it, until my co-workers took me to watch it.

I think the only part I didn't like was treebeard and the ents in "The Two Towers"

gindagonda

I LOVE the Lord of the Rings Movies. I think that would be an awesome land in Animal Kingdom, though I don't think it relates to nature as much as the Avatar movie. What they could do with LOTR...my imagination goes wild.

bubbles1812

Well I think they were a very good combination of emotion, action, romance, scenery, overwhelming visuals....I just love it...and before the first one came out, I really didn't want to see it, until my co-workers took me to watch it.

I think the only part I didn't like was treebeard and the ents in "The Two Towers"

All those things about them I very much agree with :) Its sort of funny. My dad had a copy of the books that he'd saved from the 60s. He really loved the series and was always trying to get my brothers and I to read them. And he could never get us to. But then we all saw the first movie and loved it. And lo and behold, we started arguing over who would get to reads dad's old books first. :)

I own all the extended editions of the films. Have you see them? For me, just enhances the already great films that much more. Are really excellent an even listening to the commentary is great.

Even thinking about the possibility of universal sometime getting the rights gets me excited. They could do so much with middle earth

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom