Avatar Flight of Passage reviews, comments and questions

disneygeek90

Sorry you took it so personally. I wanted to add the voice of someone I know to be average and level headed. Why is The timing weird?

Can you point me to the official ratings you mentioned though? Seriously I'd like to read them. Thanks.
I think it's obvious that everyone can not be pleased by everything 100% of the time. I am sure there are people that love attractions I absolutely hate. It's interesting to see what people don't like about Pandora as we've heard so much about the positive. I wonder if the lower lines would have enhanced his experience, or if he even got on FoP in the first place.

twebber55

Sorry you took it so personally. I wanted to add the voice of someone I know to be average and level headed. Why is The timing weird?

Can you point me to the official ratings you mentioned though? Seriously I'd like to read them. Thanks.
dude i never took it personal
i mentioned that already
ask len testa he provided the facts

EPICOT

Just as a recommendation, I would have him watch the movie beforehand. And if you haven't seen it in a while, I would rewatch as well. My family was reluctant to start a 2.5 hour movie when I had them all sit down to watch last weekend. After we went to Pandora on Sunday, they all admitted that they're glad I made them watch and it really enhanced the experience. While you will enjoy it regardless, I think having watched the movie you appreciate the land and rides a bit more.

Thanks for the advice! I'll have to see if we have time to watch it before our trip. He's a huge fan of anything Disney so I'm thinking he will like it if he doesn't get the source material.

Case and point, the last time we went 5 years ago, we rode SSE at EPCOT. Now you should know the he is somewhat hard of hearing. After we got off the ride, I asked what he thought. He said, "that was the best ride here but I couldn't hear a thing!"

fractal

I can see if someone goes in the middle of the day, with the crowds and confusion it can be a bit of a let down. It takes a good bit of time to figure out this land and the midday sun washes out the vibrant landscape. It's beautiful early morning or later in the day and is a completely different environment at night.

Navi River is just ok for what it is. Having ridden it a few times I wouldn't wait more than 20 minutes for it again.

FoP, for the first time rider is worth a 100 minute plus wait - and I hate waiting in lines.

disneygeek90

I can see if someone goes in the middle of the day, with the crowds and confusion it can be a bit of a let down. It takes a good bit of time to figure out this land and the midday sun washes out the vibrant landscape. It's beautiful early morning or later in the day and is a completely different environment at night.

Navi River is just ok for what it is. Having ridden it a few times I wouldn't wait more than 20 minutes for it again.

FoP, for the first time rider is worth a 100 minute plus wait - and I hate waiting in lines.
I usually don't wait for anything much longer than 30 mins. I've waited twice now with 120 minutes posted. I've ridden 5 times overall and still find myself easily rationalizing a two hour wait for it. It's that good.

becca_

I usually don't wait for anything much longer than 30 mins. I've waited twice now with 120 minutes posted. I've ridden 5 times overall and still find myself easily rationalizing a two hour wait for it. It's that good.
I have only been on once with a FP, but I would wait 2 hours as well. It's amazing. I cannot wait for January so I can go on again :D

UpAllNight

To balance out I also have a work colleague visiting from the UK, who has never been to a Florida who said he waited 2 hours and it was well worth it. He also listed Rip-Rockit and Hulk as his 2 favourite rides so far, but each to their own.

imperius

Went two sundays ago and got a same day FP for FOP. The area is really really well done, but the fake plants are too fake during the day IMO. The mountains and the waterfalls though? Wow. The canteen is amazing and will eat here whenever I'm in AK.

FOP is a really good ride, but they really need to fix the glasses. The kept falling down on everyone in my row from listening to others. Made the screen blurry and annoying to keep adjusting. I would rate it below Spider-Man, Forbidden Journey, Tower of Terror, and for me, Dinosaur.....

Would like to see the stand by line, but no way am I waiting more than an hour for this.

disneygeek90

Went two sundays ago and got a same day FP for FOP. The area is really really well done, but the fake plants are too fake during the day IMO. The mountains and the waterfalls though? Wow. The canteen is amazing and will eat here whenever I'm in AK.

FOP is a really good ride, but they really need to fix the glasses. The kept falling down on everyone in my row from listening to others. Made the screen blurry and annoying to keep adjusting. I would rate it below Spider-Man, Forbidden Journey, Tower of Terror, and for me, Dinosaur.....

Would like to see the stand by line, but no way am I waiting more than an hour for this.
Below ToT?? Wow. I enjoy Spider-Man, but I don't really see the crazy love and hype it has. The immersiveness of FoP is really what gets me. Just thinking about the sounds and scents gets me a little emotional. I do agree on the glasses, though. Some of my rides they have been more loose than others. I have a small head (I fit child/youth fitted hats) so it's especially apparent to me.

imperius

Below ToT?? Wow. I enjoy Spider-Man, but I don't really see the crazy love and hype it has. The immersiveness of FoP is really what gets me. Just thinking about the sounds and scents gets me a little emotional. I do agree on the glasses, though. Some of my rides they have been more loose than others. I have a small head (I fit child/youth fitted hats) so it's especially apparent to me.
See I am the same way with FOP. Is it a great simulator? Absolutely, but it's not the greatest ride ever. It's still a single screen ride and no matter how many smells they throw at me, it can't beat moving rides for me. I understand the love for it, but it wasn't the best thing in the world for me.

disneygeek90

See I am the same way with FOP. Is it a great simulator? Absolutely, but it's not the greatest ride ever. It's still a single screen ride and no matter how many smells they throw at me, it can't beat moving rides for me. I understand the love for it, but it wasn't the best thing in the world for me.
I think it's how wonderful the flying effect is. I can drive around in a car any day. I know what that feels like. I know how it feels when my stomach drops on a roller coaster. What I don't know is how it feels to fly like that. That's where I think FoP knocks it out of the park. But to each their own. Seeing the land and being part of the experience is something I am left thinking about every time.

britain

Those rating are from Touring Plans.

Oh. Thanks.

Yes, but that Touring Plans data also has the Muppets American History show as a top-rated attraction, above Pirates, Mansion, Big Thunder, etc. I'm not saying it's invalid, I'm saying it's built on what score people from various age groups give an attraction, and (I think) if there isn't a large enough sample from one, it's dropped.

So if not enough senior citizens and no toddlers go on FoP, and the rest of the demographics give the attraction 5 stars, it will have a higher average score than all the demographics going on Pirates, and the toddlers giving that ride a 3 stars because it kinda scared them.

@lentesta Is this accurate? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

In any case, it seems to definitely rank whatever is new pretty highly. But there is actual value in newness.

JBIRDTO

Do you think it would be worthwhile to bring some of those sports sunglass holders to put on the glasses? The ones that hold your glasses tight to your head. Are the arms just like regular sunglass arms?

imperius

Do you think it would be worthwhile to bring some of those sports sunglass holders to put on the glasses? The ones that hold your glasses tight to your head. Are the arms just like regular sunglass arms?
Hmmmm it's hard to say. I can't remember how wide the arms were, but it couldn't hurt if you had them.

twebber55

Yes, but that Touring Plans data also has the Muppets American History show as a top-rated attraction, above Pirates, Mansion, Big Thunder, etc. I'm not saying it's invalid, I'm saying it's built on what score people from various age groups give an attraction, and (I think) if there isn't a large enough sample from one, it's dropped.

So if not enough senior citizens and no toddlers go on FoP, and the rest of the demographics give the attraction 5 stars, it will have a higher average score than all the demographics going on Pirates, and the toddlers giving that ride a 3 stars because it kinda scared them.

@lentesta Is this accurate? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

In any case, it seems to definitely rank whatever is new pretty highly. But there is actual value in newness.
if that were the case then shouldnt NRJ and jimmy fallon be ranked near the top as well?
not trying to be condescending because i agree with a lot of what you re saying
but it seems, and i could be totally wrong, but FOP has actually gone up in ratings the longer its been out

JackCH

I rode it with my family (brother, mother, father) and a friend.
For me, it is my new favorite attraction at WDW. It is the closest I have felt to flying on any attraction. It is the first time in a very long time I left feeling amazed at the experience.
Brother: Similar to my experience. His favorite ride as well.
Mother: Favorite ride.
Father: Liked it, but did not love it. He gets motion sickness and is very hard to impress.
Friend: Favorite ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom