News Avatar Experience coming to Disneyland Resort

Professortango1

No, its still just a rumor at this point. But based on everything known its a good bet that is where it was planned. Only question is if that is the final landing spot. We'll hear soon enough I'm sure.
Its also a ways away from breaking ground. They said construction was starting on Avengers expansion this next year and Coco in 2026. No estimated construction date was given for Pandora II.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Its also a ways away from breaking ground. They said construction was starting on Avengers expansion this next year and Coco in 2026. No estimated construction date was given for Pandora II.
I'm with some others like @BrianLo on this one, I think they'll want to get started fairly quickly on it. Remember this is Iger's pet project. This is the one he announced specifically upon his return. So I think we'll hear a start date for this sooner rather than later.

BrianLo

I'm with some others like @BrianLo on this one, I think they'll want to get started fairly quickly on it. Remember this is Iger's pet project. This is the one he announced specifically upon his return. So I think we'll hear a start date for this sooner rather than later.

I think we’ll see the Eastern Gateway start this fall and backlot close early next year with the bus loop, security and bridge maybe ready by next Fall.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think we’ll see the Eastern Gateway start this fall and backlot close early next year with the bus loop and bridge maybe ready by next Fall.
Agreed, I just think they didn't announce it right away in case there were some slippages in schedule due to the EGW.

Plus no reason to announce the closure of the Backlot until they are ready to start construction.

Professortango1

Someone said earlier, I can't find the post at the moment, that they had heard via someone connected that there were still debates on where it is planned and where others think it works better.

It might be management wanting to get it ASAP and throwing it in Backlot while Imagineering is pushing back and wanting Simba to do it right. So it could start construction almost immediately with closing Backlot, or it could be tied to constructing the park expansion plot across the street.

Once again, this is all speculation based on a post that I can't find where someone heard something from someone else....but it could explain why it feels both imminent and still so vague.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Someone said earlier, I can't find the post at the moment, that they had heard via someone connected that there were still debates on where it is planned and where others think it works better.

It might be management wanting to get it ASAP and throwing it in Backlot while Imagineering is pushing back and wanting Simba to do it right. So it could start construction almost immediately with closing Backlot, or it could be tied to constructing the park expansion plot across the street.

Once again, this is all speculation based on a post that I can't find where someone heard something from someone else....but it could explain why it feels both imminent and still so vague.

If you're talking about this below post, that doesn't indicate anything to me other than what the posts says, that the person was speculating themselves about a chance it could change. No offense to the poster of course, its just based on what they heard. But that doesn't indicate there is a debate to me.

I've been told by someone that the placement of Avatar is "not very good" and "doesn't make any sense". They speculated that there is still a chance they move it and hopes that they do.

I didn't press them on any details. Take that for whatever its worth. They also did say the Coco placement is perfect.

Parteecia

December 31st 2029 is technically the end of the decade, but on Disney's calendar who knows.

Just saying, and I think its mentioned already in the thread, but Avatar 4 is slated to come out December 21st 2029. So make of that what you will.
The "ought" year belongs to the previous decade. You don't start counting with Year 0.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The "ought" year belongs to the previous decade. You don't start counting with Year 0.
It all depends on your definition of the word decade, as technically both are correct. You don't call the 1990s the 91s for example just because some don't start counting on the 0 year, its the 90s meaning starting in 1990. So while some may not start counting on the 0 year, the 0 year doesn't technically belong to the previous decade either. So is that a lost year? No its still part of the new decade, even if some don't start counting until the 1.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom