News Avatar Experience coming to Disneyland Resort

Consumer

For those complaining about this being in DCA because it goes against the California theme, it's a heck of a lot better than it being in Disneyland. Disney is gonna build things they deem popular enough whether they can integrate it with a themed area well or not (we saw that with Galaxy's Edge). If I have to lose the California theme of that park to preserve the other, I'm all for it.
Like I said earlier, I don’t think we need a whole land for Avatar. A single ride in Tomorrowland would be ideal, as long as the show building isn’t overly imposing.

britain

Looks like it has multiple floors to me. It is just a big warehouse box. No reason why they couldn't do an elevator.
iu
That’s out of date concept art. The big box was for the original Quinjet ride. It’s not in the new concept art.

Attachments

• IMG_0936.jpeg
    IMG_0936.jpeg
    179.7 KB · Views: 15

Consumer

That’s out of date concept art. The big box was for the original Quinjet ride. It’s not in the new concept art.
Funny how even in their concept art, Mission Breakout doesn’t look like it belongs. If we can’t have Tower of Terror, they really need to do something else with that attraction.

Misted Compass

Funny how even in their concept art, Mission Breakout doesn’t look like it belongs. If we can’t have Tower of Terror, they really need to do something else with that attraction.
If they had to retheme ToT it really should have been Spider-Man. I think they even know this considering that's pretty much what's coming to Hong Kong.

captveg

Like I said earlier, I don’t think we need a whole land for Avatar. A single ride in Tomorrowland would be ideal, as long as the show building isn’t overly imposing.

With Avatar in Florida the land is a big part of the appeal, so frankly I want the land as much as the ride, and will have to disagree with you on this. I'd also much rather lose the Hollywood Backlot than any part of Tomorrowland for this, especially since it can be easily winked at as a movie set from Hollywood Blvd and stay within the theming (at least no worse than Monsters Inc. stays within the Backlot theming).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom