News Avatar Experience coming to Disneyland Resort

Vegas Disney Fan

Hot take but the monorail should be left alone and allowed to run through Avatar land. It’s already a science fiction land and really wouldn’t be that big of a deal. Besides, immersion is a stupid metric.
If I remember right the monorail has to be moved because it would be in the way of the Harbor bridge, it’s a necessity issue rather than a cosmetic issue.

PiratesMansion

For the placement not being very good, I think they are referring to it going into HL and the existing design with the monorail beam compromising the design. For HL to work for Avatar, they would probably have to demo the whole thing, Backlot, Disney Junior, and the Hyperion depending on the scale they want achieve.

For moving it, I think they mean putting in the Simba lot.
See, when that poster said it could be going in a nonsensical place, my head immediately went to them dumping Avatar into Grizzly Peak.

I mean, Way of Water, right? Guess what area has a water ride already.

And if they really wanted to turn Soarin into some FOP sort of thing, they could.

Plus, then there's a convenient hotel that can be Avatar-d nearby. Stay AND play like a Navi!

I really hope I'm wrong, but I also could totally see them making a choice like this because clearly logic isn't part of the decision process any longer.

Ice Gator

How they haven’t renamed this park to “Disney’s Hollywood Adventure” or “Disney’s Realms of Adventure” yet surprises me.

Not saying that it would be a bad thing- there’s just little to no relevance to California anymore (which is fine because I always thought DCA was a dumb idea) and it’s a park that now just has immersive IP-themed lands. Might as well commit to it since it’s very much DLR’s version of DHS.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
How they haven’t renamed this park to “Disney’s Hollywood Adventure” or “Disney’s Realms of Adventure” yet surprises me.

Not saying that it would be a bad thing- there’s just little to no relevance to California anymore (which is fine because I always thought DCA was a dumb idea) and it’s a park that now just has immersive IP-themed lands. Might as well commit to it since it’s very much DLR’s version of DHS.
Given they recently changed the name to Disney Adventure World in Paris I suspect a name change is coming sooner rather than later for DCA.

Consumer

Given they recently changed the name to Disney Adventure World in Paris I suspect a name change is coming sooner rather than later for DCA.
Such a shame, too, given how great DCA was trending from 2010-2015. If only the park had been built with a proper budget and better planning, I truly believe DCA could have rivaled DAK for the second best Disney park in the US.

Professortango1

See, when that poster said it could be going in a nonsensical place, my head immediately went to them dumping Avatar into Grizzly Peak.

I mean, Way of Water, right? Guess what area has a water ride already.

And if they really wanted to turn Soarin into some FOP sort of thing, they could.

Plus, then there's a convenient hotel that can be Avatar-d nearby. Stay AND play like a Navi!

I really hope I'm wrong, but I also could totally see them making a choice like this because clearly logic isn't part of the decision process any longer.
That's a best-case scenario for me. Well, BEST case would be replacing their Pier/Gardens with Avatar, but I know that coaster isn't going anywhere.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Is a 20 year old still in their teens.

When you’re 40 would you say you were still in your 30’s?

Is a 10 year old in their teens?

ETA Not a hill I care to die on, just sharing the semantics. And no, I was not a wet blanket for the millennium celebrations.
Just a point of correction there, a teen doesn't start until 13 anyways so not really part of this decade discussion.

Really it doesn't matter, as most of the world considers the start of a decade on the 0 years rather than the 1. This is even though our calendar didn't technically start with year 0. So if the consensus is that a decade starts on the 0 and ends on the 9 then that is the answer. :)

Ice Gator

Yeah I mean DCA, HWS, and DAW are all essentially the same type of park now, it wouldn’t surprise me either if they tried to tie them all under the “Adventure” banner at some point.

Hollywood Adventure at WDW sounds better to me and makes more sense considering the “Studios” aspect of it doesn’t really exist anymore.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yeah I mean DCA, HWS, and DAW are all essentially the same type of park now, it wouldn’t surprise me either if they tried to tie them all under the “Adventure” banner at some point.

Hollywood Adventure at WDW sounds better to me and makes more sense considering the “Studios” aspect of it doesn’t really exist anymore.
Well good thing DCA already has "Adventure" in its name already then, it'll be easy to just change the "California" part. ;)

mickEblu

Just a point of correction there, a teen doesn't start until 13 anyways so not really part of this decade discussion.

Really it doesn't matter, as most of the world considers the start of a decade on the 0 years rather than the 1. This is even though our calendar didn't technically start with year 0. So if the consensus is that a decade starts on the 0 and ends on the 9 then that is the answer. :)

True but I have a feeling if necessary Disney will say they meant ending in the 0 if things run behind.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Hot take but the monorail should be left alone and allowed to run through Avatar land. It’s already a science fiction land and really wouldn’t be that big of a deal. Besides, immersion is a stupid metric.

but Disneyland is already immersed.... in urban sprawl.

1723668959611.png

Disney Analyst

I always thought they should just change it to Disney Adventure.

But I think they've just really landed on not caring, and seeing it as a Disney Adventure park, located in California. Disney California ... Adventure

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom