News Avatar Experience coming to Disneyland Resort

mickEblu

Ok guys is it me, my phone or this site? I’ve been reading my posts to find a bunch of misspellings lately. Maybe I accidentally changed a setting on my text app?

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
Right now we have a California Pier themed to Pixar characters, a Fisherman's Wharf are themed to Big Hero 6, a Route 66 area themed to Cars, a Silicon Valley Tech Campus themed to Marvel, and a California National Park area without any movie theme. It’s the outlier. Either we need some more non-IP "adventure" areas or Grizzly needs to be adopted into this new park that has 4 more movie-based attractions coming to it.
It seems you conveniently forgot Buena Vista Street, Paradise Gardens Park, and Hollywood land. And throw in the downright ugly performance corridor too…There are more California-themed lands than ip lands, and Avatar will make it equal.

Honestly, it would be easier to slap on Gravity Falls into the name with some kind of headliner dark ride. Unlike Muppets, the fan base is actually there.

Last edited:

mickEblu

It seems you conveniently forgot Buena Vista Street, Paradise Gardens Park, and Hollywood land. And throw in the downright ugly performance corridor too…There are more California-themed lands than ip lands, and Avatar will make it equal.

Honestly, it’s would be easier to slap on Gravity Falls into the name with some kind of headliner dark ride. Unlike Muppets, the fan base is actually there.

Don’t you dare talk about my favorite land like that.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I’m catching them mid post or right after I post them and going back to edit. Just a lot more than usual lately.
That sounds like its on your side then. I know when posting from my phone I fat finger things a lot and have to edit it before posting. But then again I always end up editing something immediately after I post because I think of something to add, so there is that too. :)

mickEblu

That sounds like its on your side then. I know when posting from my phone I fat finger things a lot and have to edit it before posting. But then again I always end up editing something immediately after I post because I think of something to add, so there is that too. :)

Yeah maybe I’ve been trying to go fast or been a little over zealous with all the D23 stuff.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Honestly, it’s would be easier to slap on Gravity Falls into the name with some kind of headliner dark ride. Unlike Muppets, the fan base is actually there.
Gravity Falls would be an awesome IP to add to Grizzly Peak.

Professortango1

Buena Vista Street and Hollywoodland function the same as any studio park's entrance does. DHS, Paris Adventure Park, Universal Orlando/Hollywood...they all have the classic Hollywood themed initial area to set up the idea that this park is themed to movies. Except, our park isn't themed to movies. But it mostly is. Except Grizzly Peak.

Paradise Gardens I always thought was just an area of Pixar Pier essentially. Honestly, that corner confuses me as its clearly still going for oceanside amusement park. Does DCA have two different oceanside amusement parks located right next to eachother? One is themed to Pixar and features a classic Mickey head as the icon and the other is themed to classic Mickey and Disney. That's why I always assumed they were one overall land with cartoon themed carnival rides.

As for Gravity Falls, I'm completely ignorant of that IP. I know it has an old guy with a fez, but since it wasn't on Disney, I didn't watch it. I think its on Hulu now.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

I've been told by someone that the placement of Avatar is "not very good" and "doesn't make any sense". They speculated that there is still a chance they move it and hopes that they do.

I didn't press them on any details. Take that for whatever its worth. They also did say the Coco placement is perfect.
For the placement not being very good, I think they are referring to it going into HL and the existing design with the monorail beam compromising the design. For HL to work for Avatar, they would probably have to demo the whole thing, Backlot, Disney Junior, and the Hyperion depending on the scale they want achieve.

For moving it, I think they mean putting in the Simba lot.

captveg

Are we visiting the set of Avatar? So all the creatures we see are supposed to be puppets and any characters are Hollywood actors?

I would happily lose Subs/Autopia/MBC for something interesting in TL.

From the Hollywood street perspective, over there is the newest set for an Avatar movie.

From the in the land of Avatar perspective you are on the world of Pandora.

There ya go. Easy. It's all make believe no matter how it's presented.

Honestly, I don't really need this, but I recognize it would scratch that itch for those who need the theming to fit well within California. I'm fine with it just being a portal with no explanation.

captveg

For the placement not being very good, I think they are referring to it going into HL and the existing design with the monorail beam compromising the design. For HL to work for Avatar, they would probably have to demo the whole thing, Backlot, Disney Junior, and the Hyperion depending on the scale they want achieve.

For moving it, I think they mean putting in the Simba lot.
Backlot area + bus depot is 7 acres, about the size of the Florida Pandora, including ride and restaurant buildings. They wouldn't need to touch the Hyperion, Philharmagic, Animation buildings or the street/trolley, though I could see them wanting to use the Philharmagic space for a future second Avatar attraction.

The concept are seems to line up with the above, which is why you have fan art blending it with that current footprint.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom