News Avatar Experience coming to Disneyland Resort

mickEblu

So I am wandering around the backlot like a crazy person and I’m now convinced that studio 12 is represented in the plans as a reused structure and that’s where the boundaries of the land are. I really do think Hyperion is staying. The Animation building is staying (it’s still in the Avnegers artwork, but projects don’t really communicate)

View attachment 808747

The little extra window bit disruption of the crescent shape is actually just a fake facade and not part of the actual building. You can see so on google earth.

View attachment 808762

But the schmoopies false facades are going and will be repurposed as some sort of dual sided berm.

View attachment 808760View attachment 808761

Don’t worry about it. If anyone is in the Hollywood Backlot long enough to notice you re acting like a crazy person they re just as “crazy” as you or also just came back from D23 and know exactly what you’re doing.

Last edited:

britain

So I am wandering around the backlot like a crazy person and I’m now convinced that studio 12 is represented in the plans as a reused structure and that’s where the boundaries of the land are. I really do think Hyperion is staying. The Animation building is staying (it’s still in the Avnegers artwork, but projects don’t really communicate)

View attachment 808747

The little extra window bit disruption of the crescent shape is actually just a fake facade and not part of the actual building. You can see so on google earth.

View attachment 808762

But the schmoozies false facades are going and will be repurposed as some sort of dual sided berm.

View attachment 808760View attachment 808761
I think you've got it correct. I would have thought they'd need more space to transition from urban to natural, but those structures in the concept art... yep. Portals do a lot, don't they?

But what does that mean about the monorail? Honestly, if this is part of a huge rethink of DL transportation, I'm for it. Get rid of the monorail and build more peoplemovers or skyliners.

Unless they're squeezing the WHOLE open land area in front of the monorail track, and all the attraction space is behind the track. And monorail guests get to be in a tunnel the whole time.

BrianLo

I think you've got it correct. I would have thought they'd need more space to transition from urban to natural, but those structures in the concept art... yep. Portals do a lot, don't they?

But what does that mean about the monorail? Honestly, if this is part of a huge rethink of DL transportation, I'm for it. Get rid of the monorail and build more peoplemovers or skyliners.

The monorail beam was moved in the former Eastern Gateway redo. I think that will still be the case.

I don’t know who made this image, but TP posted it six years ago.

1723490194104.jpeg

I personally want the monorail to stay, but would be for trams to be replaced by a multi staged Skyliner.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The monorail beam was moved in the former Eastern Gateway redo. I think that will still be the case.

View attachment 808764

I personally want the monorail to stay, but would be for trams to be replaced by a multi staged Skyliner.
As I recall it was based off a mock up that MiceAge did back in the day when the thought was that Marvel would be going into the backlot. Ah how times have changed....

mickEblu

View attachment 808764

So they’ll have to alter the BVS buildings and track over BVS then if this is still the plan ? Currently the monorail is on a straightaway there

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom