Avatar construction aerial updates

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Correct and correct me if I am wrong were these measure of the Frozenstrom building including the queue space also? So it would not be fair to say how long the actual ride track compares. Plus Malestrom had some fast pace sections where I doubt River Journey will. I see it moving about as fast as Living With the Land (my favorite)

This is a good point. The measurement I took of the Maelstrom building included the queue and theater area, the Avatar measurement was just the area where the ride path is.

Cesar R M

The Princess cruise where I ran into JC (men's crapper, bar, 4th level, aft if you must know) didn't even rate average in my opinion.
did he poop with special effects too?

jzDp0XG.gif

wdwgreek

Reading over the last few pages of posts, and looking at the building comparisons, I think he ride will clock in around 5 minutes. I imagine this being a slower paced ride. The Maelstrom comparison may be not accurate, because of the backwards fast moving section, the drop and the indoor queue and theatre. It depends as everyone has been saying on it there are stops for show scenes, or slow downs at certain points. I wonder if we can look to the Shanghai boat ride as an indicator for ride system and technology?

dstrawn9889

Reading over the last few pages of posts, and looking at the building comparisons, I think he ride will clock in around 5 minutes. I imagine this being a slower paced ride. The Maelstrom comparison may be not accurate, because of the backwards fast moving section, the drop and the indoor queue and theatre. It depends as everyone has been saying on it there are stops for show scenes, or slow downs at certain points. I wonder if we can look to the Shanghai boat ride as an indicator for ride system and technology?
we would have to spot a 'boat' on its way to the ride to see the actual mechanism to tell if it is a real boat on a guide (think mark twain) or an omnimover with water around it... those seem to be the two ways to go with the guide that we see in the maintenance bay pictures

articos

No, it never actually goes into the pentagonal show building as per those leaked plans. It does run below the queue though, the turquoise structure I had highlighted.

This one demonstrates what the second floor looks like:

My completely (again educated) assumption is that the actual boat ride in the leaked plans was just a rough placeholder at the time to demonstrate how the Flight of Passage queue would eventually sit on top of a small chunk of Na'vi River Journey. Which is also why I don't lend too much credence to the plans naming it a C-ticket. That leak occurred well before Cameron was happy and one of those compromises likely involved plussing the C-ticket boat attraction it references.
You are good at this.

djkidkaz

You are good at this.

Any idea if you will be able to see the boat ride while in the queue for Flight of Passage? I love when they give you the ability to get a little peek at other attractions from another ride. Similar to Splash and the train, or people mover and buzz. I even just like being able to look down on Toy Story Mania while in the queue. @BrianLo

Brian Swan

Any idea if you will be able to see the boat ride while in the queue for Flight of Passage? I love when they give you the ability to get a little peek at other attractions from another ride. Similar to Splash and the train, or people mover and buzz. I even just like being able to look down on Toy Story Mania while in the queue. @BrianLo
I'm guessing no. Maybe on overlook at the boarding area (as in iasw), but given the "immersive" nature of the boat ride, I doubt they will want riders to be able to see a queue for a different ride, and as lighting will be critical to the boat ride, I doubt that want any light "spillage" from a queue area. "Could" they do something with well-disguised one-way windows or "peep holes"? Probably, but I don't see what their motivation to do so would be.

articos

Can't answer this. Sorry. I do love when you can get a glimpse, too, though.

doctornick

I'm guessing no. Maybe on overlook at the boarding area (as in iasw), but given the "immersive" nature of the boat ride, I doubt they will want riders to be able to see a queue for a different ride, and as lighting will be critical to the boat ride, I doubt that want any light "spillage" from a queue area. "Could" they do something with well-disguised one-way windows or "peep holes"? Probably, but I don't see what their motivation to do so would be.

It depends on how such a view is handled, but I don't think you can appreciate the train (while riding on Splash) or the view of Garden Grill (when riding LWTL). These kinds of views can be designed to be hidden away from the direction of the people riding the ride and not interfere. The queue could potentially be darker in such an area to avoid light leak and get a better view of the bio-luminescence of the boat ride show scenes.

Anyway, if you look at the leaked blueprints and follow the main/longer queue, there is a rectangular area that the queue winds around near the bottom of the queue. That would be in an area above the boat ride. Seems to me that it is possible that it could be a view down into a boat ride show scene. Of course, maybe it's just a support area or something.

BrianLo

I have no evidence to support one way or the other.

The Flight of Passage queue is very, very intriguing... Really that attraction is in general, which people frequently write off as Soarin' 2.0

Tom

Beta Return
I imagine the boat ride will require extreme control of ambient lighting, and as such, having any sort of viewing portal could interfere with the theatrics that will be used.

Not to mention the 100% guarantee of people throwing things if they're able to look down into the ride.

I don't see any "sneak peeks" happening.

Cesar R M

It depends on how such a view is handled, but I don't think you can appreciate the train (while riding on Splash) or the view of Garden Grill (when riding LWTL). These kinds of views can be designed to be hidden away from the direction of the people riding the ride and not interfere. The queue could potentially be darker in such an area to avoid light leak and get a better view of the bio-luminescence of the boat ride show scenes.

Anyway, if you look at the leaked blueprints and follow the main/longer queue, there is a rectangular area that the queue winds around near the bottom of the queue. That would be in an area above the boat ride. Seems to me that it is possible that it could be a view down into a boat ride show scene. Of course, maybe it's just a support area or something.

I think they mean the finale scene from splash, that you can see from the Train (aka the chickens dancing on the boat scene)

doctornick

I think they mean the finale scene from splash, that you can see from the Train (aka the chickens dancing on the boat scene)

Yes, I know the scene. When you are riding on Splash, you don't see the steam train or it's rails -- you have to make an effort to look that direction to appreciate it. I think the same thing could occur with Na'vi River Journey in that they could orient any "window" from the Flight of Passage queue to not be able to be seen when riding the boat ride. It wouldn't really be that difficult if that is what they want to do.

Figment2005

Yes, I know the scene. When you are riding on Splash, you don't see the steam train or it's rails -- you have to make an effort to look that direction to appreciate it. I think the same thing could occur with Na'vi River Journey in that they could orient any "window" from the Flight of Passage queue to not be able to be seen when riding the boat ride. It wouldn't really be that difficult if that is what they want to do.
The hardest part would be preventing noise pollution from the queue into the boat ride. I think the light levels would be similar so that would not be a problem. Besides I wouldn't expect a large opening, but more like if you look through the canopy the guests in the queue could catch glimpses of the ride below.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom