Avatar construction aerial updates

Cesar R M

The hardest part would be preventing noise pollution from the queue into the boat ride. I think the light levels would be similar so that would not be a problem. Besides I wouldn't expect a large opening, but more like if you look through the canopy the guests in the queue could catch glimpses of the ride below.
they could also use a very low reflection glass to seal the area.

djkidkaz

Found these on the Dis, not sure what website they are from.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

hpyhnt 1000

Looks like an additional strip of rock work is going to be installed on the upper edge of the Flight of Passage building - note the scaffolding around the northern face of the building.

build_it

Anyway, if you look at the leaked blueprints and follow the main/longer queue, there is a rectangular area that the queue winds around near the bottom of the queue. That would be in an area above the boat ride. Seems to me that it is possible that it could be a view down into a boat ride show scene. Of course, maybe it's just a support area or something.

I wondered if they would have Na'vi animatronic - similar to Mr. Potato Head in TSMM, or Buzz - in the cue, giving some sort of interaction or information on the ride. From that location, a decent number of people would be able to see it and with the switch backs there, you'll be in that part of the cue for a while.

Cesar R M

I wondered if they would have Na'vi animatronic - similar to Mr. Potato Head in TSMM, or Buzz - in the cue, giving some sort of interaction or information on the ride. From that location, a decent number of people would be able to see it and with the switch backs there, you'll be in that part of the cue for a while.
Hope they have something better and as functional as the Stitch Queue AA.

Tom

Beta Return
interesting how the perimeter show rockword seems to be being held by structures very similar to catastrophe canyon's.
Its always interesting to see the engineering side!

Yup, a web of structural steel beams, columns, angles, girts and so on. It definitely took some "second semester" engineering to design these mountains we're seeing.

Looks like an additional strip of rock work is going to be installed on the upper edge of the Flight of Passage building - note the scaffolding around the northern face of the building.

I'm glad they're paying attention to these sight lines, and are covering buildings now.

Cesar R M

I'm curious if they will attempt to theme the back of the building facing the parking lot and busses. The trees have all grown in as much as they are going to and it's pretty jarring to see the building and then the floating mountains so close. It hurts the effect when pulling into AK in my opinion.
My bet is, they will create a barrier of trees very close to the buses area.

HauntedMansionFLA

DAKAerial-19.jpg

my guess is these pieces of rock work on the side of the road is what will go on the top of FOP
I guess I've been so focused on the show building that I didn't realize all of the other stuff being built around it. It will be interesting to see the walking paths take shape. But I assume those would be one of the last things that will be worked on. I wonder what will be lit up at night with that Avatar glow like in the movies?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom