Avatar construction aerial updates

Cesar R M

I am amazed at the talent exhibited by OldBlueEyes in post #1623 to do the overlay of the pictures. Well done!
You would be surprised how much talent is floating on the internet.
I still remember the great hunt for clues during the "conspiracy" release part of the game Portal 2. It was amazing!
From Audio techs, to Networking and video experts resolving cues.
Complementing each other.

bakntime

You would be surprised how much talent is floating on the internet.
I still remember the great hunt for clues during the "conspiracy" release part of the game Portal 2. It was amazing!
From Audio techs, to Networking and video experts resolving cues.
Complementing each other.
I remember that. Pretty fun. And Portal 2 is awesome. Have you played the Talos Principle? If you like Portal you'll love it.

I've been heavily involved with some ARGs in the past, too, and interacted with some amazing puzzle solvers. It's exciting when you uncover something. It's like digging up a treasure.

Cesar R M

I remember that. Pretty fun. And Portal 2 is awesome. Have you played the Talos Principle? If you like Portal you'll love it.

I've been heavily involved with some ARGs in the past, too, and interacted with some amazing puzzle solvers. It's exciting when you uncover something. It's like digging up a treasure.
Havent tried Talos, but I'm right now very stuck into Xcom 2.. (and with included fury, as the game is harder for no real reason. no seriously, how the hell you miss a 100% chance melee sword attack?))

BrianLo

av2-jpg.131170

The boundaries of the River Journey show building stick out a lot further forward than I was expecting. I thought that was dead space but it's all enclosed now fully up to the rock work. Granted, it's likely indoor queue space.

Anyone able to line up some comparables? I don't have the technical know-how but I'd be curious to see how it sizes compared to the new Kong show building and perhaps Small World.

truecoat

The boundaries of the River Journey show building stick out a lot further forward than I was expecting. I thought that was dead space but it's all enclosed now fully up to the rock work. Granted, it's likely indoor queue space.

Anyone able to line up some comparables? I don't have the technical know-how but I'd be curious to see how it sizes compared to the new Kong show building and perhaps Small World.

I have to run this morning but when I get back, I'll mock it up.

dreamscometrue

I expect the boat ride to be well executed, but I've got to say that I'm a disappointed in the size of the show building given all the space they had to work with. There's no reason they couldn't build a much larger building and extend the ride another few minutes.
I'll wait to see how long the actual ride is before deciding. If the boats slow up, rotate or perhaps even stop, the track length here may be enough for 6-8 minutes, which would be okay. Pirates is 8.5 minutes, as a comparison.

JohnWD

I'll wait to see how long the actual ride is before deciding. If the boats slow up, rotate or perhaps even stop, the track length here may be enough for 6-8 minutes, which would be okay. Pirates is 8.5 minutes, as a comparison.

But if they do that it will hurt the ride capacity.

It will be fun to revisit these comments when we actually know something about the ride.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
not if the "stops" are planned.. think a small rotating circle near the "stop" areas, where the boats are still moving, but keep watching one specified scene for more time.

Yes, but in that case the boat will still be moving. If the boat actually stops then it reduces the rate at which you can dispatch boats and thus the capacity.

Ripken10

So funny how so many complain going both way. Truly is Disney can't win. Feel line all I read is complaints lately. Earlier today I read forever about Disney spent too much on this, eat over budget. Now complaints ride is too short and should made ride bigger (spend more money Disney). Let the ride turn and slow down so you are n ride longer...no wait then ride capacity is too short and now line is too long. If you take a step back you realize that no matter what they do not only can they not please everyone, but people will complain about whatever they do. They will complain about how wrong they did it and they could have done it better even before anything official has come out. Complain because someone made up a Rumor or guessed about what it will do, and suddenly Disney is horrible because of this plan they have...which was never disneys plan just John does guess. No wonder it takes them so long to build things (which I am told most of the delays involve planning every last detail - which from my understanding is what most people love about Disney overall)...disneys fans can't even agree on the smallest detail of what their dream ride, land or park would look like...no wonder a company like Disney which has actual real data and information to make these decisions can't figure out quickly what it's guests want. How can they know when there is no consigns us at all. Sorry my soapbox which I am sure you all will bash. Like many have said, I will wait to see it finished before making judgments, will enjoy reading predictions and will skip most of the complaining that some of the posters seem to thrive for(who seem to live on these boards - I feel like I am on here too much but every time I come back the same people have posted 30 times since my last visit yikes!). Never understood why some only ever complain about Disney but seem to live on these message boards.

Ok I am going to stop posting again. Yikes

Cesar R M

So funny how so many complain going both way. Truly is Disney can't win. Feel line all I read is complaints lately. Earlier today I read forever about Disney spent too much on this, eat over budget. Now complaints ride is too short and should made ride bigger (spend more money Disney). Let the ride turn and slow down so you are n ride longer...no wait then ride capacity is too short and now line is too long. If you take a step back you realize that no matter what they do not only can they not please everyone, but people will complain about whatever they do. They will complain about how wrong they did it and they could have done it better even before anything official has come out. Complain because someone made up a Rumor or guessed about what it will do, and suddenly Disney is horrible because of this plan they have...which was never disneys plan just John does guess. No wonder it takes them so long to build things (which I am told most of the delays involve planning every last detail - which from my understanding is what most people love about Disney overall)...disneys fans can't even agree on the smallest detail of what their dream ride, land or park would look like...no wonder a company like Disney which has actual real data and information to make these decisions can't figure out quickly what it's guests want. How can they know when there is no consigns us at all. Sorry my soapbox which I am sure you all will bash. Like many have said, I will wait to see it finished before making judgments, will enjoy reading predictions and will skip most of the complaining that some of the posters seem to thrive for(who seem to live on these boards - I feel like I am on here too much but every time I come back the same people have posted 30 times since my last visit yikes!). Never understood why some only ever complain about Disney but seem to live on these message boards.

imgur_gallery_hZSfl_Its_Time_to_Stop_Posting.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Yes, there is a lot of complaining here, and that is not something that just happened lately, but with that said some of what you are talking about is not complaining, it's discussion and discussion is what these boards are about. The boat ride discussion, which I was involved in, is a good example. I didn't read any of that as complaining, it was discussion of the ride based on what we currently know. These types of discsussion are why I come to these boards. Yes, some people do go to far and make sweeping statements about incomplete rides, but there are asepects of rides that we can discuss before they have opened. We have seen an official blueprint of the boat ride, so we know the layout and length of the ride path, so this lets us have a discussion of what the ride length will be like.

G00fyDad

30960333.jpg

space42

View attachment 131353 Here's the best that I could do in the time I had. Small World in turquoise and Kong in yellow for a comparison.
Wow ,small world is almost as large as both the Soarin ride and the boat ride together. Small world is around 8:30, right. So the boat ride looks more like maelstrom length (anyone want to do the size comparison there) so more like 3-4 minutes tops. From the concept art - it looks like it will look amazing but short.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom