Avatar construction aerial updates

Brian Swan

No, it never actually goes into the pentagonal show building as per those leaked plans. It does run below the queue though, the turquoise structure I had highlighted.

This one demonstrates what the second floor looks like:

My completely (again educated) assumption is that the actual boat ride in the leaked plans was just a rough placeholder at the time to demonstrate how the Flight of Passage queue would eventually sit on top of a small chunk of Na'vi River Journey. Which is also why I don't lend too much credence to the plans naming it a C-ticket. That leak occurred well before Cameron was happy and one of those compromises likely involved plussing the C-ticket boat attraction it references.
I realize that these are early blueprints, but my eye was drown to the very complex queue maze. Using highly unscientific methods, estimating on the scale of the drawing, it looks like over 800 ft. of queue just on this level. Not sure how this compares to other queues, but if people saw a line that was over 2 football fields in length, I think it would scare many away. Does anyone have a point of comparison?

Goofyque'

I realize that these are early blueprints, but my eye was drown to the very complex queue maze. Using highly unscientific methods, estimating on the scale of the drawing, it looks like over 800 ft. of queue just on this level. Not sure how this compares to other queues, but if people saw a line that was over 2 football fields in length, I think it would scare many away. Does anyone have a point of comparison?
Kali, maybe? Perhaps the queue will be part of the emersion.

Cesar R M

Actually, that's the first one that came to my mind. I rode it last year having skipped if for MANY years and I was surprised on just how long the line for it was. Maybe longer than the actual "river"...
how would you compare it to other super long queue rides like Poseidon's Fury?
I never been to Kali because I dont do water rides (I have a hearing implant)

BrianLo

gringotts-overflow-queue.jpg

The Gringotts outdoor queue is massive (the other half of it under the overhang). I feel like it has to be one of the largest queues.

doctornick

Any idea what the first photo is here?

It's a good question. Maybe merchandise, though the "hanger" building looks large and would probably fit both food and merch there. Maybe this will be a walk through attraction -- many of us have wondered if Pandora would have a "walking trail" like other areas of the park, but it would make some sense even if there is one to have it indoors to maximize the effects.

Or maybe it is a space for a M&G or show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom