Avatar construction aerial updates

Cesar R M

it takes place many years after the film
they talked about it at the D23 presentation
I actually wonder if we will see "tours" like this in the premise of the second movie before "the empire strikes back". (aka the bad guys make a full scale invasion and force the navi into reservations).
But then, these machines will make sense after the third movie ;)

ZwKhcMw.jpg

BrianLo

Well since it seems the quick service will be like a mess hall the props could go around there.

Has there been any official confirmation on this, or at least some real insider intel? Because I'm half suspicious the mess hall factuality purely originates with an educated guess I made a few years back.

The same for the rumour that propagated about the Millennium falcon ride being similar in execution to 20k leagues at TDS, that's also something I'm suspicious has been spread by something I "made up" - however educated or good my guesses may have come across.

Mike S

Has there been any official confirmation on this, or at least some real insider intel? Because I'm half suspicious the mess hall factuality purely originates with an educated guess I made a few years back.

The same for the rumour that propagated about the Millennium falcon ride being similar in execution to 20k leagues at TDS, that's also something I'm suspicious has been spread by something I "made up" - however educated or good my guesses may have come across.
Even if that's the case, looking at the building I can't imagine what else it could be. It looks just like a Quonset Hut.

BrianLo

Even if that's the case, looking at the building I can't imagine what else it could be. It looks just like a Quonset Hut.

Oh I agree, I feel like it's pretty likely! But I had to fully disclose the fact that I have my suspicions that information is still just completely propagated here (and elsewhere) from my educated guesses based on old concept art... :D

It was weird seeing Screamscape, for example, run with the comparison of MF to 20k. Down to how the queue would recreate the MF interior and the ride compartments would be the cockpit that would blend it fairly seamlessly. I know that is something I made up originally as a way of explaining to someone here how I thought it could function...

Sometimes educated guesses are spot on, but sometimes they just get weirdly propagated until they are true or the thing opens and we are surprised. For example SDMT animatronics.

RSoxNo1

Yes, it's a really awkward view because the boat ride occupies "floor one" and is quite difficult to see from this angle (in purple), pink is the maintenance shed for the boats. Purple is the entirety of the boat ride, it does not extend into the red building.

The queue for the Banshee building is floor two (in turquoise), the four different ride theatres all occupy a corner of the huge show building (in red), you will load on floors one through three once the queue enters on floor two.

24901920416_958c86c8d5_z.jpg

@hpyhnt 1000 answered it for you. The entire rock work is approximately the same height, but it's a separate structure that sits a few meters in front of the show building. The angle is awkward and makes it look much shorter than it does when you are looking from the ground.

Also, take another look at one of the unedited aerials, I added a little yellow circle where I want you to look. You can see that they are attaching minimal rock work (as necessary) to the actual show building where it would be visible from the ground.

I would bet my life you won't be able to see any show building from anywhere in Pandora. You may be able to see a small sliver of it from on top of Everest if they don't do anything else.
Do you have new information on Na'vi River Journey? The leaked blueprints show it going into the Flight of Passage show building

Mike S

Oh I agree, I feel like it's pretty likely! But I had to fully disclose the fact that I have my suspicions that information is still just completely propagated here (and elsewhere) from my educated guesses based on old concept art... :D

It was weird seeing Screamscape, for example, run with the comparison of MF to 20k. Down to how the queue would recreate the MF interior and the ride compartments would be the cockpit that would blend it fairly seamlessly. I know that is something I made up originally as a way of explaining to someone here how I thought it could function...

Sometimes educated guesses are spot on, but sometimes they just get weirdly propagated until they are true or the thing opens and we are surprised. For example SDMT animatronics.
Pretty cool when that happens though, makes you feel psychic ;) Prime example being the fact I once thought, "you know, Avatar could be cool in Animal Kingdom." Then, well, you get the idea.

BrianLo

Do you have new information on Na'vi River Journey? The leaked blueprints show it going into the Flight of Passage show building

No, it never actually goes into the pentagonal show building as per those leaked plans. It does run below the queue though, the turquoise structure I had highlighted.

This one demonstrates what the second floor looks like:

My completely (again educated) assumption is that the actual boat ride in the leaked plans was just a rough placeholder at the time to demonstrate how the Flight of Passage queue would eventually sit on top of a small chunk of Na'vi River Journey. Which is also why I don't lend too much credence to the plans naming it a C-ticket. That leak occurred well before Cameron was happy and one of those compromises likely involved plussing the C-ticket boat attraction it references.

Cesar R M

Looking from the top, the building looks exactly like the one where they steal the heli in the avatar movie (Where Quadritch hits Sigourney Weaver, with the offices on the second floor in a concrete building)

RSoxNo1

No, it never actually goes into the pentagonal show building as per those leaked plans. It does run below the queue though, the turquoise structure I had highlighted.

This one demonstrates what the second floor looks like:

My completely (again educated) assumption is that the actual boat ride in the leaked plans was just a rough placeholder at the time to demonstrate how the Flight of Passage queue would eventually sit on top of a small chunk of Na'vi River Journey. Which is also why I don't lend too much credence to the plans naming it a C-ticket. That leak occurred well before Cameron was happy and one of those compromises likely involved plussing the C-ticket boat attraction it references.
Sorry, I was lumping the queue building together with it, I guess it's all a single complex with the most prominent component being the actual Flight of Passage area.

SCOTLORR

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom