IowaHawks7

I am so over the parks building simulators! I assume the main reason is to save space but not everyone can go on simulators without getting sick or getting a bad headache!
I hope, and assume, the boat ride will NOT be a simulator? I am mostly excited for that! Any idea if it will be a low key/calm boat ride? Or more of an "adventure" type with drops and such?

Yes, a lot of people are hoping for a truly boundry pushing E-Ticket. Personally, I believe that is what we are going to get. I think the ride where you ride the Banshee will be amazing, and will blow our minds. Call me crazy but i think it will be on par if not better than FJ is for UNI.

MerlinTheGoat

Yes, a lot of people are hoping for a truly boundry pushing E-Ticket. Personally, I believe that is what we are going to get. I think the ride where you ride the Banshee will be amazing, and will blow our minds. Call me crazy but i think it will be on par if not better than FJ is for UNI.
It has been described here as "Soarin Over Pandora", there's no way that can match FJ or push any real boundaries if that's accurate.

IowaHawks7

It has been described here as "Soarin Over Pandora", there's no way that can match FJ or push any real boundaries if that's accurate.

okay i must have missed that part of the thread then. I mean if it wasn't Soarin' over Pandora then i think it could depending on if they develop a new ride system

MerlinTheGoat

okay i must have missed that part of the thread then. I mean if it wasn't Soarin' over Pandora then i think it could depending on if they develop a new ride system
Soarin Over Pandora is what insiders here have been calling it basically. It'll probably be using higher resolution projections with 3D, but I'm guessing the end result will still be a very similar experience to Soarin. A third ride (some sort of coaster apparently) was under consideration at some point but finally scrapped.

Sped2424

Anyone know how much land this will take up?
Just CMM, or the extra land to the South?

49q3.jpg
Im guessing some of that land to the south, it would make sense to have the rock mountains close to the lake. Keep the illusion of being in pandora much more real.

MerlinTheGoat

Vekoma's Pandora's Box technology could definitely be ground breaking
Yeah, if that was the system they're planning to use. There's nothing yet to indicate that we're getting anything of the sort though. It has again been likened to a "Soarin 2.0" or "Soarin Over Pandora" by many here. The Pandora's Box system looks like it's intended to be used in an actual ride with a very extensive range of movement, not a simulator like Soarin.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Soarin Over Pandora is what insiders here have been calling it basically. It'll probably be using higher resolution projections with 3D, but I'm guessing the end result will still be a very similar experience to Soarin. A third ride (some sort of coaster apparently) was under consideration at some point but finally scrapped.

I have no idea what it will end up being, but in the original Avatar progress thread that guy Tim was saying the main ride was definitely not going to be a Soarin clone. I don't know if he is considered an insider, but he seemed to have some good info and knowledge about the project. I think some of the others call it Soarin Over Pandora as a way to belittle the project. It's the equivalent of calling mine train a kiddie coaster IMHO. If it's just Soarin with video showing scenes from Pandora then the boat ride better be great.

doctornick

I thought the insiders here (in particular @Tim_4 and @articos and maybe @marni1971) have said that the planned ride is substantially different from Soarin' and much more advanced. In particular, I thought that the leaked blueprints are outdated and no longer being considered (four different theaters) and instead it will be a vehicle that moves from place to place and not just stay in front of one screen.

doctornick

sounds like Spidey/Transformers...

I have no idea. But I know I was imagining a ride vehicle like Soarin' -- so you are suspended and hanging -- that actually moved from location to location. I think it would be more similar to Forbidden Journey than those rides. That said, I could just be over predicting based on what others have said, as I have no inside info.

Others have mentioned the "Pandora's Box" ride system which seems really neat and would certainly be ground breaking for a ride.

jt04

I am surprised they released artwork and built a model since we were assured this would never happen. Strange.

~Pendulum~

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom