Atomicmickey

Map clues . . . .

5gin.jpg

Fox&Hound

After watching the video I am so excited about this land! I think for people who didn't like the movie, this land will still be very impressive and add a lot to AK (insert sarcastic comment from another poster here). My question is this: people are saying there is the banshee ride and the boat ride. Is that it? The amount of land looks quite large and are we sure there is no longer a third ride on the table? Seems like a lot of land for two rides. Is the giant tree thing that lights up going to be a part of this? Any thoughts/speculation on dining option? I hope they add some smaller "experiences" if there really is only two rides in this new land.

Atomicmickey

So, you can see the show building behind the rock. Which, if you look a the
little people models . . . well, it's huge! I can't see how this model can be
"value engineered" . . . this is full tilt boogie, folks . . .

More interestingly, it seems like the model is in some sort of "light dome room".
I wonder if it's the sort of thing where they can emit light from different times
of day to check shadows, etc. Very cool!

7188.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There is a good analysis of the concept art over at Epcot Explorer's Encyclopedia. One of the interesting things mentioned in the article is the creation dates that can be found in the image files. The one with the family and the one with the flying are from October 2012, but the one with the boat ride and the one with the model are from September 2013.

Last edited:

TestTrack Dummy

There is a good analysis of the concept art over at Epcot Explorer's Encyclopedia. One of the interesting things mentioned in the article is the creation dates that can be found in the image files. The one with the family and the one with the flying are from October 2012, but the one with the boat ride and the one with the model are from September 2013.
the link isn't working for me for some reason.

doctornick

After watching the video I am so excited about this land! I think for people who didn't like the movie, this land will still be very impressive and add a lot to AK (insert sarcastic comment from another poster here). My question is this: people are saying there is the banshee ride and the boat ride. Is that it? The amount of land looks quite large and are we sure there is no longer a third ride on the table? Seems like a lot of land for two rides. Is the giant tree thing that lights up going to be a part of this? Any thoughts/speculation on dining option? I hope they add some smaller "experiences" if there really is only two rides in this new land.

You know, I'm thinking that some sort of mini-show in the area would certainly be a good idea -- like a light show or projection set to the music of Avatar. Something like the show they do at IASW in DL.

Cousin Huet

Just looking at the potential for what the theme park poduct could be is exciting. The boat ride and the Banshee ride both look awesome. The overall visuals in the area look to be unbelievable and even better at night....which will be possible with the new hours and nighttime activities. It will give Animal Kingdom a totally new experience in several different way. I am very excited for this project as the visuals look like they transfer very well to a great theme park experience. I do not care for the movie as par as plot and message go, but the visuals are stunning and it looks like it will be quite a good time. Excited to spend more time in that park and see what they do with the night entertainment......riding the Safari at night and Everest should be fun too. I can wait the time if that means we get these stunning visuals as an end product......I can't do the warehouses with billboards on the side.

steve76

I find it interesting how small the boats are. They appear to have two rows of 2-3 people each - much smaller than most other gentle boat rides in the Disney parks (It's a Small World, Pirates, Maelstrom, Sinbad etc.). The only exceptions I can think of in Disney are Splash Mountain and Aquatopia (using the trackless ride system).

If it's just a 'normal' boat ride, I don't know why you wouldn't use larger boats and have a much larger capacity.

I'm not sure what the significance is - maybe I'm reading far too much into it.......

Atomicmickey

That's about it for video enhancements for now . . . there is a lot more
in there, but it doesn't really need framegrabbing. I'll be looking at it
a lot today, if I spot anything else, I'll post it.
Or if anyone else sees something that needs photo-enhancing, PM me and I'll
look at it.

Lots of amazing stuff in there. No matter what your opinion of Avatar,
you gotta admit it looks like they're swinging for the fences with this . . .
(let's hope it stays that way!)

Figments Friend

I thought the insiders here (in particular @Tim_4 and @articos and maybe @marni1971) have said that the planned ride is substantially different from Soarin' and much more advanced. In particular, I thought that the leaked blueprints are outdated and no longer being considered (four different theaters) and instead it will be a vehicle that moves from place to place and not just stay in front of one screen.

Indeed.
The impression i have been under regarding the main E-ticket is that the Banshee experience will be 20 times better then anything related to 'Soarin'.
I find addressing the forthcoming attraction as 'Soarin' over Pandora' to be a bit misleading, as the actual attraction will be nothing like that previous experience.

I think people are forgetting, or maybe just not aware, that the flight on a Banshee will be just that...ON a Banshee. This has been talked about for some time, and from what i gather the main attraction is getting to actually ride one of these creatures over the Pandora setting.

Think of a giant, lifesized Banshee that Guests can ride in/on that moves and tilts like a simulator...but you are completely enclosed in a Omnidome-type of show room. Add into that mix a digital, high def 3D visual presentation of Pandorian scenery, awesome sound system, and perhaps a few in-theatre effects...and now you are talking about what this attraction may really be like.

Soarin' it is not.
Something much cooler it is.

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom