BrianLo

So at least you caught my sarcasm. They are amazingly themed restrooms and what people have been screaming for and yet they ***** that it's just a restroom. Well no, it is a restroom in a Disney castle park. Do you guys want over the top or not? Bust on the Kardashian content (fair enough) but where they go all Disney on us we need to say "Wow, that's what Disneys do best!".
And Springfield is more well done than expected for the scope of the project (rethemeing of a food court). Adding a spinner to the place making project is a little over the top, so well done UniCreative! 2 birds with one stone. Yeah! I'm not sure people read me right. I am one sarcastic SOB. But I think I am at least an equal oppertunity offender. If it seems that I am praising Uni more than Disney, MAYBE it is because Uni has been more deserving of praise. Or maybe just Disney less.
I am not one to parse words on my opinions. And being a hillbilly, PC and sensitive aren't my strong suits . If you are looking for coddling and group therapy I may not be your best option. I may be liberal, but the last time I was huggin' a tree I was trying not to fall out of the Deer Stand.

Glad we agree! Projects need to be taken into context, and when they do a good job (no matter how small or big) it deserves appropriate amount of praise.

RSoxNo1

No I'm talking about the 20 or so large plastic fish attached along the walls or the plastic frogs which turn on a turn dial. There are very few AA's in TLM and they tend to be the "Hero" figures(i.e. the main characters). And to the bolded point requires a "really" followed by another "really", factually Haunted Mansion is a superior ride in every sense.
Read what I wrote and stop being Fox News. You hacked a sentence that began with, "If you're talking just animatronics," and took it to read that I think Little Mermaid is a better attraction than Haunted Mansion. Little Mermaid has at least 10 animatronics that are superior than any animatronic in The Haunted Mansion. Yes, the revolving star fish and rotating fish aren't anything special but they do add to a scene where their presence is relevant. The Under the Sea scene in Little Mermaid is very well done and is loaded with motion. Having said that if you're doing a scene by scene comparison, I'd argue that The Haunted Mansion has three scenes that are superior than Little Mermaid's best scene (Graveyard, Attic, Ballroom). With that said, it doesn't mean that The Little Mermaid is incapable of having better animatronics than an attraction that is largely not animatronic driven.

Last edited:

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Ahh see that's why I never posts in these discussions..I'm always wrong!!!

Haunted Mansion and Aerials Undersea Adventures?

I had no idea that HM and Ariel were the same ride system...All I can say is they could have done better ripping it off! Man if they spent half the effort on the ride as they did on the queue that would be some ride!

Star Tours and Body Wars?

And yes, Spider-man and Transformers are very similar, but there is a reason for that. It is a rather lengthy explanation for that. But I'll explain if you like.

Were Body Wars and Star Tours in the parks at the same time?
and yes.. I would like to hear why they're so similar.

Bairstow

Not in the same park, but for the entire time Body Wars was operating in EPCOT Star Tours was operating at MGM.

They were basically the same ride except Star Tours had Rex in the cockpit with you and Body Wars was inferior in every way.

WDWFREAK53

Ahh see that's why I never posts in these discussions..I'm always wrong!!!

I had no idea that HM and Ariel were the same ride system...All I can say is they could have done better ripping it off! Man if they spent half the effort on the ride as they did on the queue that would be some ride!

2 Dumbos, Astro Orbiter, and the Carpets. :p:)

Kman101

The same ride systems are used for numerous rides. It's about what's done with it that matters, IMO. Haunted Mansion is ultimately superior but that can't discount some of the good things about the Little Mermaid. Could it be far more impressive? Oh hell yes ... the exterior is fantastic and very very well done.

Body Wars and Star Tours used a simulator and a screen. Star Tours is the better ride because of the environment (I will never forget Body Wars though, so that's gotta say something).

Same thing for the omnimovers. Same system, different designed vehicle but it's the same idea. Not to mention the zillion spinners.

GLaDOS

Spider-man and TF are similar because TF was basically supposed to be the Spider-man for the non-Marvel having parks in the Universal stable. There were a multitude of reasons to bring it to Orlando. 1) It was a huge success in Hollywood and Singapore 2) Universal had an excess in taxable profits on their hands, and in order to decrease that, they spent on a very aggressive build for the ride 3) They needed something to help spread the crowds out when WWoHP opens next year.

And, as someone who has ridden both more times than I care to admit, aside from the final falling scene, the rides feel completely different from one another. It's no different than having Mansion and Mermaid, or Pirates and Small World in the same park.

Last edited:

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Spider-man and TF are similar because TF was basically supposed to be the Spider-man for the non-Marvel having parks in the Universal stable. There were a multitude of reasons to bring it to Orlando. 1) It was a huge success in Hollywood and Singapore 2) Universal had an excess in taxable profits on their hands, and in order to decrease that, they spent on a very aggressive build for the ride 3) They needed something to help spread the crowds out when WWoHP opens next year.

And, as someone who has ridden both more times than I care to admit, aside from the final falling scene, the rides feel completely different from one another. It's no different than having Mansion and Mermaid, or Pirates and Small World in the same park.

Thanks for the info, very interesting!

For the record I will once again state:

I have NO FREAKING PROBLEM ;)at all with the cloning of Spiderman for Transformers,

I love and enjoy them both!

The Duck

Not in the same park, but for the entire time Body Wars was operating in EPCOT Star Tours was operating at MGM.

They were basically the same ride except Star Tours had Rex in the cockpit with you and Body Wars was inferior in every way.
I've always loved Star Tours but Body Wars made me violently ill. Only rode it once.

jt04

Ecstatic to see Mr. Rhode included in the publicity shots. interesting that he is obviously not being shown out the door as some claimed. Or perhaps that was just mischievous mythmaking.

SirLink

Do you all remember the concept art for the New Fantasyland? Do you think the final product came close to looking as it did in the concept art?

What you mean the concept art that they took for stuff proposed for WDW, TDL and I believe there was a bit from HK or Paris and smash it together didn't turn out exactly like it did in the final version ... I'm shocked.

The difference is James Cameron and the non-Disney "Disney" resorts don't want Avatar/Pandora.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom