ABQ

so what do you go by then?
Turnstile clicks do well to tell you how attendance is when the majority of tickets sold are multipark type sales, so you do need the turnstiles to give you something....but I assume TDO puts far more weight into just how much merchandise (food and hard goods) are sold per turnstile click. Getting more value from each guest clicking the turnstile. I'm sure the NextGen will let them mine that data to minute details.

lobelia

In the picture of the model, there are mature trees and vines throughout. The picture of the family walking evokes a feeling of being under a canopy. Unless they are already in that area, they better get to planting or picking out trees they can move there. It's not like the forest by Belle's cottage. These look like mature rainforest trees with a high canopy.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I walk into a local Walmart in South Carolina the other day and they had a full department of Disney stuff; but I did not find a section for Universal.

You're comparing apples and oranges... but I guess you missed all the Spongebob stuff? :)

Disney consumer products in bigbox retail is a different world than talking about extracting revenue from guests while in the park.

ctxak98

In the picture of the model, there are mature trees and vines throughout. The picture of the family walking evokes a feeling of being under a canopy. Unless they are already in that area, they better get to planting or picking out trees they can move there. It's not like the forest by Belle's cottage. These look like mature rainforest trees with a high canopy.
THAT IS TRUE! but I am hopeful they will work something out!

WDWDad13

Turnstile clicks do well to tell you how attendance is when the majority of tickets sold are multipark type sales, so you do need the turnstiles to give you something....but I assume TDO puts far more weight into just how much merchandise (food and hard goods) are sold per turnstile click. Getting more value from each guest clicking the turnstile. I'm sure the NextGen will let them mine that data to minute details.

and I think that's another good use of it

whether we like it or not we get data mined in all aspects of life whether at Disney or not and honestly the more information they have where they can make better decisions and future planning the better IMO

ABQ

and I think that's another good use of it

whether we like it or not we get data mined in all aspects of life whether at Disney or not and honestly the more information they have where they can make better decisions and future planning the better IMO
If it makes them more efficient, if they pocket half the money they save in inefficiencies, or even 75% of it, and just push 25% back into the parks or whatever to enhance our experience, I'm on board with you. If they just pocket it all, which I'm sure all the naysayers will assume and claim they will, then boo.

BrianLo

I don't think you have a realistic view of what people are actually saying. The statement I quoted is more outrageous hyperbole than anything I have heard Universal fans have said.
I haven't heard ANYONE say that the Springfield expansion is anything more than a fantastic rethemeing of a lame food court in a lackluster area of USF. They addressed the 2 biggest complaints of the resort (lack of quality Counter Service and rides for toddlers). And they did a great job of it. Kudos to Universal. I'm sorry your new restrooms didn't get that kind of reception.

To be fair, the EXACT same thing applies to those stupid restrooms. It is brought up 10X more often to lace an argument then it was/is praised by the looney Disney nuts. Let Simpsons be a nice food court and Tangled be a nice toilet, neither needs to be incessantly praised or dragged through the mud more than they already are!

I swear, the people who have the most vitriol for the Tangled toilets are the ones who bring it up the most incessantly.

SirLink

The Little Mermaid animatronics are stationary? If your'e talking just animatronics, Little Mermaid is better than Haunted Mansion. Mansion is largely figures that have no motion themselves.

No I'm talking about the 20 or so large plastic fish attached along the walls or the plastic frogs which turn on a turn dial. There are very few AA's in TLM and they tend to be the "Hero" figures(i.e. the main characters). And to the bolded point requires a "really" followed by another "really", factually Haunted Mansion is a superior ride in every sense.

Last edited:

Voxel

President of Progress City
Then we let the thread die. I keeping getting alerts and inner monologue goes "OH I hope someone noticed something new that I didnt.... oh wait they are just complaining which resort is better''.

IAmFloridaBorn

I'm thinking Universal could do Avatar better than Disney but there must be as reason he wen't with Disney over Universal. I think dedicating an entire land to the Avatar film is a huge mistake on any theme parks part in any case though.

Anyway think about this, 2017 opening right? Buy that time, an 8 year old who may be interested in it now, will probably have outgrown the Avatar brand (if we can even call it such). I highly doubt Avatar catches enough people to make it a timeless franchise. Which is why dedicating an entire land may not be the best idea. IDK what TDO is thinking.

Voxel

President of Progress City
I'm thinking Universal could do Avatar better than Disney but there must be as reason he wen't with Disney over Universal. I think dedicating an entire land to the Avatar film is a huge mistake on any theme parks part in any case though.

Anyway think about this, 2017 opening right? Buy that time, an 8 year old who may be interested in it now, will probably have outgrown the Avatar brand (if we can even call it such). I highly doubt Avatar catches enough people to make it a timeless franchise. Which is why dedicating an entire land may not be the best idea. IDK what TDO is thinking.

Normally I would agree with you, but at the same time I understand where Disney is coming from. With one film under its belt the Avatar franchise is the 7th most successful movie franchise. That says a lot. Yes its good faith that the other films will do great but their odds look good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom