ctxak98

When they are just a part of a much larger experience (Horizons, Forbidden Journey, Spiderman, World of Motion, If You Had Wings) I have no problem. I am not a big Universal fan but I was just blown away by Forbidden Journey. This may be the best use of screens in an attraction yet.. and they even simulate flying ;) Hey, they simulated flying on If you Had Wings, Dream Flight, and Horizons with screens too. The big difference is that they were all part of a much larger, more immersive experience and not the ONLY part of the experience.

I really hope that Soarin' over Pandora is more like Forbidden Journey and less like Soarin' over California.
I agree that I hope its on par with FJ but about being part of a bigger experience!? Im not so sure about that!

Sure potter world is very detailwd and came with all new surroundings and the castle! But it was only 1 new ride in total.....

Avatar will be a whole new land (just as immersive and interactive, if done properly) with a new boat ride and new simulated flight ride. Now idk about anyone else, but i find this more impressive!

Bairstow

I'm worried that with Cameron's control over lightstorm and his comfort and familiarity working with computer graphics that the Avatar attractions will tend heavily towards screens.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hmm..I think Disney has done pretty damn good with their Orlando theme parks as far as any cloning is concerned. I can't think of any direct duplications in the four parks.

Nothing against Universal (or either of these fun rides), but to counter your point:
Spiderman and Transformers both a stone's throw away from each other -- are nearly identical rides.
Haunted Mansion and Aerials Undersea Adventures?

Disneyhead'71

The people here complaining about everything WDW does but drooling over Universal like the Simpsons spinner is the 2nd coming?
I don't think you have a realistic view of what people are actually saying. The statement I quoted is more outrageous hyperbole than anything I have heard Universal fans have said.
I haven't heard ANYONE say that the Springfield expansion is anything more than a fantastic rethemeing of a lame food court in a lackluster area of USF. They addressed the 2 biggest complaints of the resort (lack of quality Counter Service and rides for toddlers). And they did a great job of it. Kudos to Universal. I'm sorry your new restrooms didn't get that kind of reception.

ctxak98

I'm worried that with Cameron's control over lightstorm and his comfort and familiarity working with computer graphics that the Avatar attractions will tend heavily towards screens.
I wouldnt be too worried. I think the Flight one will rely on screens but not the boat ride!

Disneyhead'71

I agree that I hope its on par with FJ but about being part of a bigger experience!? Im not so sure about that!

Sure potter world is very detailwd and came with all new surroundings and the castle! But it was only 1 new ride in total.....

Avatar will be a whole new land (just as immersive and interactive, if done properly) with a new boat ride and new simulated flight ride. Now idk about anyone else, but i find this more impressive!
Ummm, Pandora's budget is twice what The Wizarding World of Harry Potter cost. And that's BEFORE Pandora goes $100+ million over budget.

kap91

The concept art also matches up very well with a Pandora's Box ride system. So?

The concept art shows essentially nothing about what the main E-ticket ride will be like, beyond that it will simulate riding on a banshee on Pandora. In terms of ride system, we only know what the insiders have indicated and the concensus recently has been that (1) the leaked blueprints are no longer the current plans and (2) the ride is supposed to move from place to place, not just be in front of one screen. That doesn't meant that things cannot change, but it seems to be where we are now.

Someone (I think Martin, but I could be wrong) also mentioned that to appease Cameron for taking out the third ride (that they want to use for Star Wars instead), that Disney has committed to really plussing the remaining planned attractions and land. If true, then hopefully that would mean a true ground breaking experience for the E-ticket.

Personally I'm hoping for a great experience on the ride. I really don't care how technically advanced the ride system is if the story it tells is somewhat incoherent (FJ, Transformers looking at you).

ctxak98

Ummm, Pandora's budget is twice what The Wizarding World of Harry Potter cost. And that's BEFORE Pandora goes $100+ million over budget.
Never said it wasnt. Im not trying to start arguments. Im just talking based on land concepts, in no way is Pandora not the whole experience!

Disneyhead'71

Never said it wasnt. Im not trying to start arguments. Im just talking based on land concepts, in no way is Pandora not the whole experience!
I agree that Pandora will be impressive and immersive.
And I also think that when Potter 2.0 opens in combination with the original WWOHP, it will be an unparalleled theme park experience at bringing an IP to life.

ctxak98

I agree that Pandora will be impressive and immersive.
And I also think that when Potter 2.0 opens in combination with the original WWOHP, it will be an unparalleled theme park experience at bringing an IP to life.
I think the Lands together will be great! Is the gringotts side getting anything else besides the coaster in terms of attractions!? I am not sure and this is an honest question! lol

Disneyhead'71

I think the Lands together will be great! Is the gringotts aaside getting anything else besides the coaster in terms of attractions!? I am not sure and this is an honest question! lol
Yes, the Hogwarts Express that will link the 2 Wizarding Worlds together. It will also be a state of the art special effects and thematic tour de force. There will also be a Borgin and Burkes Dark Arts Shop walk through, an expanded Ollivander's Wand Shop show and a special effects laden joke shop in Weasley Wizard Wheezes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom