JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I can't imagine Cameron agreeing to a video based ride that wasn't in 3D.
Well darn.
As someone who wears glasses (can't wear contacts, not a candidate for Lasik), I find it uncomfortable to wear 3D glasses on top of my regular specs.
As it is, it's bad enough I have to switch from prescription sunglasses to regular glasses a couple of dozen times a day at WDW.

Clever Name

The real problem here is that Avatar is a PG-13 rated movie and that creates a significant issue for the family friendly experience. Disney will have to tone down Avatar and replace some of the repulsive Avatar characters with more friendly characters. They'll most likely use IP that they all ready own and characters that are vetted for space travel. The "Pigs In Space" characters would blend right in with the Na'vi people of Pandora. They could do a few musical numbers with Kermit singing "It's Not Easy Being Green" and the Na'vi chorus could sing "Am I Blue". There are lots of great possibilities here.

raymusiccity

The real problem here is that Avatar is a PG-13 rated movie and that creates a significant issue for the family friendly experience. Disney will have to tone down Avatar and replace some of the repulsive Avatar characters with more friendly characters. They'll most likely use IP that they all ready own and characters that are vetted for space travel. The "Pigs In Space" characters would blend right in with the Na'vi people of Pandora. They could do a few musical numbers with Kermit singing "It's Not Easy Being Green" and the Na'vi chorus could sing "Am I Blue". There are lots of great possibilities here.

Perfect opportunity for a holiday overlay with Stitch singing 'Blue Hawaii' and 'Blue Christmas' !

Fairybuzz

Perfect opportunity for a holiday overlay with Stitch singing 'Blue Hawaii' and 'Blue Christmas' !
oh my

Pretty much I don't see the RDA and Parker Selfridge fitting into a disney park. A group of people that would massacre innocent (alien) people burn down everything they know, and kill any of their own people that disagree dont really go with goofy stitch and cinderella, or even most of the villains. They may as well just bring in Katniss Everdeen and have a hunger games survival ride.
May the odds be ever in your favor

Clowd Nyne

oh my

Pretty much I don't see the RDA and Parker Selfridge fitting into a disney park. A group of people that would massacre innocent (alien) people burn down everything they know, and kill any of their own people that disagree dont really go with goofy stitch and cinderella, or even most of the villains. They may as well just bring in Katniss Everdeen and have a hunger games survival ride.
The point is to experience the world of Pandora sans the psycho with the giant mech.

Fairybuzz

The point is to experience the world of Pandora sans the psycho with the giant mech.

lol Yeah that's pretty much what I assume. I would think that It'd possibly be set after the film and focus on the planets biosphere and if any conflict occurs on a ride it'll probably be from creatures.

raymusiccity

oh my

Stay positive. You should watch the Muppet version of the 'Hungry Games' on YouTube.

'May the cookies be ever in your flavor!'

Captain Chaos

oh my

Funny you say that.. Seems as if Iger is turnign WDW into Panem while Disneyland remains The Capitol... Let's face it, guests are going to have to go all Hunger Games just to get fast passes...

lazyboy97o

Funny you say that.. Seems as if Iger is turnign WDW into Panem while Disneyland remains The Capitol... Let's face it, guests are going to have to go all Hunger Games just to get fast passes...
I think Iger despises Disneyland just as much as Walt Disney World. Themed entertainment is not a legitimate form of entertainment. It is crass but expensive.

Fairybuzz

If that's hunger games then I'm Johanna Mason "____ this! and ____ andybody who had anything to do with it!!!" lol.

Love that girl.

Anywho, In a way it used to kinda be the reverse. Disney World would get the good stuff while disneyland would get the toned down stuff (see space mountain, splash mountain etc) So Its kind of Ironic that its come to this.

Edit: woops I lost the rest of this post somehow)

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

Source material is irrelevant in making a quality attraction. The Pirates movies are rated PG-13, and that franchise has more attractions than any movie in the world. Indiana Jones has PG13 movies, Song of the South is at a point where the company won't re-release it. Avatar is a pretty soft PG13, I think we all can see elements of the movie that would work in a theme park attraction without touching the PG13 components.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Source material is irrelevant in making a quality attraction. The Pirates movies are rated PG-13, and that franchise has more attractions than any movie in the world.
You can't really count the movies as a source for a ride that came first.
Unless you wanna count that "attraction" at DHS...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom