Aurora's New Look Debuts at WDW

Monkee Girl

I also think Philip is the best looking. Him and Naveen. I like Eric, too. Let's hope Philip's costume changes at some point.
I am not a 'Princess and the Frog' fan but yea, Naveen is quite easy on the eyes. We also can't leave out Aladdin :p Love that man. Oh...why can't they make a "Disney Prince" line, lol They need more boy stuff in the magic kingdom, right? :D

Prototype82

I don't see how anyone would favour the original dress - it's the ugliest Fing thing.
It actually looks like pointy Pyjamas.

Direct comparison from Berlioz70 on d.i.z.b.o.a.r.d.s
8613644611_f1cc11165c_c.jpg

8629629626_0149c3d084_c.jpg
Even though they took artistic license to change the shoulders (which was a tasteful change) I love how they made the waist of the dress actually look like the film version.

DJMoore2011

Phillips hat was so far off from what it is in the movie it was ridiculous
prince-phillip.jpg

medieval style hat
5241650963_5082febdec_z.jpg

Pimp hat.
ROFL :D Pimp hat, LOVE it. When we were there in Nov 2011 we only got to meet, Eric and Aladdin and none of the other Princes. Unless it was in a parade or show. Gotta give this CM props, he's gotta know the hat is horribble yet he's still got a smile on his face. Take off the hat and you have a cute CM

MissAlmyra

I'm loving the new fabrics! They add a dimension in comparison to the plain satin, which can look a bit flat and shiny under a camera's flash. No question, Belle's dress is the showstopper- I can't get over the draping! (And can we talk about Snow's shoes? How cute!)

Weather_Lady

I think the new gown design is far more figure-flattering than the old one, much less stiff and stuffy-looking, and the crown is better-proportioned. While it is truer to the film in some ways and less so in others, I still think it's a big improvement for poor Aurora, who I've always felt was the one princess who really got shortchanged in the costuming department.

AllyInWonderland

The Disneyland Resort is more strict in character looks than WDW. Not to mention Disneyland is right next door to Tinseltown, with plenty of people looking to get famous. The face characters are usually more good-looking at the DLR.

Anaheim:

tianna3.jpg

Orlando:

8241604264_fde0fd597f_z.jpg

Anaheim:

6882139643_5dc1301dd2_z.jpg

Orlando:

5491304967_d6c913d71b_z.jpg

Anaheim:

250px-Disneyland-Peter.jpg

Orlando:

1921245223_63d1bcfb25.jpg

Anaheim:

tumblr_li0wvsHCEm1qi0p4eo1_500.jpg

Orlando:

5444656405_aacd1a0bc7_z.jpg

Anaheim:

0040_Soundsational_Snow_White_Disneyland_April_29_2012.jpg

Orlando:

snow-white-magic-kingdom.jpg

No offense to the face characters out there in Florida.
I agree!!!! One reason why I want to work at Disneyland instead of WDW.

Monkee Girl

I agree. Ariel's dress looks ridiculous. I'd have to say i prefer her sea-foam gown to that atrocity.

I also agree about the figures. Even if I don't like parts of the dresses, the one thing they all have in common is making the figures more flattering. I never understood why their dresses would stop at like the belly button, it looks weird. Now they dresses at least look flattering.

Oh! and I am hope this is Snow White's official make over just because the BOW IS STILL IN THE CENTER!!!:D

GiveMeTheMusic

The process can be tough. You go in for the audition and they stare at your face. My friend has gone to several auditions for Belle and she has yet to be picked. I hope you are more successful!

In all reality, DLR has had to get less and less picky over the past few years as princess demand has skyrocketed. With the long hours and multiple rooms at the new Fantasy Faire, they are in constant need of princesses to fill the spaces, in addition to Ariel's Grotto at DCA. If I was a pretty girl (which I used to be!) now would be the time to audition.

Californian Elitist

In all reality, DLR has had to get less and less picky over the past few years as princess demand has skyrocketed. With the long hours and multiple rooms at the new Fantasy Faire, they are in constant need of princesses to fill the spaces, in addition to Ariel's Grotto at DCA. If I was a pretty girl (which I used to be!) now would be the time to audition.

The problem my friend has is she looks very young for age. She's pretty and she's got the height, but she looks 14 or 15. I think that's why they won't pick her. I don't think she has plans on auditioning again anytime soon. She's going to wait a little. Either that or go to Florida, since they're less picky.

Monkee Girl

The problem my friend has is she looks very young for age. She's pretty and she's got the height, but she looks 14 or 15. I think that's why they won't pick her. I don't think she has plans on auditioning again anytime soon. She's going to wait a little. Either that or go to Florida, since they're less picky.
She should just keep trying. I agree that with all the new Princess M&G opening the demand is high and they are bound to hire her sooner or later. Tell her not to give up and hang in there.

I would love to be a face character for Disney. However, at 31 I am too old and now I am fat and ugly and will never be chosen, lol But I do love the girls and appreciate everything they do and go through. However, there is that critic/Simon Cowell in me that looks at stuff as if I were a talent scout. I try not to be mean, I am just thinking of the business end.

They have hit and misses character wise in all parks I am sure. I have seen both stunning and mis-cast in The World. and though they have all been so sweet and nice, I still think...'how did they get chosen?'

Here's an example of 2 I have met. Again, both beautiful but one is far more Cinderella than the other to me.

72af0ffd-ffeb-4235-8eda-3f801f81b891_zpsd7f74e79.jpg
400c19de-598b-4f96-be66-c25be3f17297_zps26884659.jpg

Californian Elitist

She should just keep trying. I agree that with all the new Princess M&G opening the demand is high and they are bound to hire her sooner or later. Tell her not to give up and hang in there.

I would love to be a face character for Disney. However, at 31 I am too old and now I am fat and ugly and will never be chosen, lol But I do love the girls and appreciate everything they do and go through. However, there is that critic/Simon Cowell in me that looks at stuff as if I were a talent scout. I try not to be mean, I am just thinking of the business end.

They have hit and misses character wise in all parks I am sure. I have seen both stunning and mis-cast in The World. and though they have all been so sweet and nice, I still think...'how did they get chosen?'

Here's an example of 2 I have met. Again, both beautiful but one is far more Cinderella than the other to me.

72af0ffd-ffeb-4235-8eda-3f801f81b891_zpsd7f74e79.jpg
400c19de-598b-4f96-be66-c25be3f17297_zps26884659.jpg

Oh, she's not giving up. She's just waiting until she looks older.

scoobygirl39541

I thought Ariel was Jasmine at first in that picture. o_O She looked way better before. However, loving Aurora's new dress so much!!! But I miss her old hair. *sigh* can't win em' all haha

AllyInWonderland

Oh I see how it is, you think you're too pretty for WDW, don't you? :p

I don't see what's so wrong with that Orlando Aladdin though. He's still good looking. ;)
Actually I think I'm too ugly for DL. I just love how DL's characters get to walk around anywhere in the park and talk to other characters, instead of standing in one place and taking pictures and signing autographs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom