Aurora's New Look Debuts at WDW

Monkee Girl

Actually I think I'm too ugly for DL. I just love how DL's characters get to walk around anywhere in the park and talk to other characters, instead of standing in one place and taking pictures and signing autographs.
Definitely agree. They get to have a little more interaction with other characters and guests. It adds so much more to the atmosphere and experience. then again...I get spoiled knowing exactly when and where the characters are going to be, lol

Monkee Girl

sooo...while browsing for some new photos of Aurora (still waiting for videos) I came across this on another message board. If the person is on here whom I 'stole it' from, my apologies but this is awesome and thank you for experimenting.

8636360290_46981473a8_z_zpsd394bbd3.jpg

Stupido

Ah, the marvels of photoshop.. if only it were real. Though, that "blue" is rather purplish, I suppose from the original pink base

Monkee Girl

Ah, the marvels of photoshop.. if only it were real. Though, that "blue" is rather purplish, I suppose from the original pink base

Yea, I thought it was real at first and then I had to get my head out of the clouds and remember Disney wouldn't be so nice to us that way, lol. Anyway, I suppose you are right about the color but just for mock up purposes it does it's job. And it's a paler blue just like the pink is a pale pink so I think they complement each other nicely though I prefer the darker blue.

PhotoDave219

They have hit and misses character wise in all parks I am sure. I have seen both stunning and mis-cast in The World. and though they have all been so sweet and nice, I still think...'how did they get chosen?'

I wonder that myself a lot. Then I wonder it aloud to entertainment managers.

AllyInWonderland

I agree. I often say she is the most difficult princess to get right. It's the artists fault because they just made her too darn perfect, lol. Her portions are so beautiful and it's rare to see a great representation of her. Even when she is on the merchandise. The princess CDs never make her sound right. She doesn't sing pop and when they try to sing opera like they make her sound like Carlotta from Phantom of the Opera.

I think the best Aurora I have ever seen on video was from a few years ago in Disneyland. I watch this video when every I need a pick me up.

That video was so beautiful! :)

Tom Morrow

So I'm not quite sure I understand the reasoning behind changing the wigs. The wig is really the only definite thing that tells you "this girl is supposed to be princess ______". You can put them in any outfit, but the hair/wig will still tell you who its supposed to be. Giving them modernized, regular looking hair seems like a strange decision to me.

Oh, and regarding that DL/WDW looks comparison - there are plently of very attractive face characters at WDW. That comparison was just taking the "worst" examples.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom