Aurora's New Look Debuts at WDW

KatMaria

The park dresses needed an update from wires, tubes, padding, and bulk sure. For the most part, besides a few annoying details, they did a good job. Their wig and basic faces, however, did not. I don't care how old the characters are they were still relevant before the changes so it wasn't like the changes are giving them any benefit. If fact, it is splitting fans apart. I am old fashioned, I want my Cinderella, Aurora, Belle and who ever else to look like the movie they were based off of. Not some cheap Barbie wanna-be design to fit in with the hip crowd. Cinderella does not have side swept bangs and to me, a paying customer, finds it wrong. I'm sorry, but I am not going to buy into that kind of brainwashing. The girls do NOT need to be made modern. They are classic, timeless characters who should be fitting in the time they were created. Snow White is 74 years old. The bow being switched to the side of her head and added glitter is NOT going to make her any more popular than she already is and has been for 74 years.

And how did they not stick out in the past? You are really telling me that people confuse Snow White with Belle and that Aurora and Cinderella really look so much alike that people can't tell them apart? How the heck did I live with all these characters BEFORE the princess brand took over in the 2000s? And they all don't have different colors... Ariel and Jasmine have the same form of blue/green color to them. Which isn't good because everyone is going to get Arial and Jasmine confused.:confused: And they have always had different color dresses, that's not something new to the redesigns. The truth is they didn't color code them so they would stand out. They color coded them because it looks good on packaging. So it basically comes down to marketing over integrity. joy

Who is hating on the actors? Because I am pretty sure the general discussion is that, though they are all beautiful, some fit the characters more than others. Yes, they do work hard for the job because...well...that is what it is....a job. More specifically, an acting job. And when you are in an acting job, you are hired because of certain physical attributes. The discussion was how one park is stricter on those attributes than the other.

I respect your opinion, if you like the redesigns and have absolutely no issue what so ever, then great. I am glad you are happy. But remember that there are other people who don't and we have every right to voice our concerns as paying customers. We grew up with the characters as much as anyone else and we have invested plenty of hours and money to supporting Disney. (and we do it proudly) Our opinions mean just as much as the 5 year old because the 5 year old isn't the one buying the merchandise or the %2000+ Disney trips. If Disney goes to far with their money grubbing, they may find backlash one day.

I wonder if the next round of make overs will have Aurora with black hair, Snow White with Blonde hair and have Mulan looking like a geisha...oh....wait...Well, it's Disney's decision so we will have to like it and not argue about it in anyway.

I was just pointing out my opinion. And their reasons behind it. If you don't like it then don't buy their stuff. Simple as that.

PhotoDave219

I love her new dress, and the new looks. I mean the princesses haven't had a change in forever,they needed an update. And now every princess has a different color dress which is makes them stick out more. And all the princesses friends are beautiful and people need to stop hating on them. They work hard for that job.

Their role is to look the part - when they don't and are shoehorned into the part, its valid criticism for management. The job is all about vanity. Its all about beauty.

No one is hating a 19-year-old for not looking perfect but when your role with the company is to be friends with a corporate image that has a specific standard look for that role and you dont fit that standard, one must question management for why that person is in that role.

Monkee Girl

Ok, Finally a video!!!!

Um....not sure what I think yet...not sure how I like the way the dress fans out...I can get used to it but one thing I can't get used to is the wig. I HATE the hair. I don't like using such strong words but really; the hair is horrible. It needs to go...like...now...lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom