August 2012 Roll Call!!

We are due on 6 August - when should we expect the tags to arrive? -
By the way, could you tell me if it gets cool enough at night to need a light jacket or is it hot, hot, hot all day and night??!!!

Upvote 0

msmit002

We are due on 6 August - when should we expect the tags to arrive? -
By the way, could you tell me if it gets cool enough at night to need a light jacket or is it hot, hot, hot all day and night??!!!

Mine arrived at 33 days out. I'm on the east coast so it probably only took a day to arrive from the date it shipped. YMMV.

August is hot. Steamy hot. I pack one long-sleeved t-shirt just in case, but I've only had one time (a few years ago when a hurricane was off of the coast) where I actually wore it in the last 6 years. During Evening EMH, it's still usually in the mid 70's at night.

Upvote 0

Blueskyze

LOL god you sound like us!! 37 more days to go! I normally listen to disney music all the time , but now with the trip not so far away I kinda kicked it into overdrive with the park music!! Tonite think we'll doing some Disney clothes shopping, cause if you wait to long as we all know ,winter jackets will be out soon!! And like you I hate wishing the summer away, but I so miss Disney!!! Many exciting things planned for this trip, "new things" , surprise things, (which is KILLING ME) and finally my 8yr old will be tall enough for RNR!!!! WOOHOO! Been watching lots of old dvds of our past trips , I'm constantly sending pics on Facebook to my daughter and hubby (disdining OMG yummy pics)..And we say "ooh add that to the food list" lol!! Yeah we're getting there....Now if that freakin ME packet would come, Iknow its thesame thing every year, but its something to look at and well it makes it more "real"!! Its so sad when not only myself but my 2 girls are stalking the mailman!!!

I know the feeling!!! We have been measuring my son every few weeks, and we had a big moment the other night - he is going to be tall enough to ride Space Mountain and Everest - YAYYYYY!!!! He's so excited. We've been watching YouTube videos and listening to music every day. I've been doing the same thing with food pics...I have a big list!! :) We're also doing some new stuff - several places we've never eaten, getting my son's hair cut in the Harmony Barber Shop, and we have some surprises in store for him too - Pirates League and the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruise. AND...my birthday is the last day of our trip, so we're having lunch at CRT (and that's the night we're doing the fireworks cruise). I can't wait!!!!

Upvote 0
Mine arrived at 33 days out. I'm on the east coast so it probably only took a day to arrive from the date it shipped. YMMV.

August is hot. Steamy hot. I pack one long-sleeved t-shirt just in case, but I've only had one time (a few years ago when a hurricane was off of the coast) where I actually wore it in the last 6 years. During Evening EMH, it's still usually in the mid 70's at night.
Thanks for that - we are in Sydney Australia so I guess it might take a little longer to get here! good to know about the weather - we have been watching the reports every day - how do you guys cope with 100 degree weather and 100% humidity?! I think I am going to melt!

Upvote 0

chrissyw14

42 Days! I have a countdown on my phone I love it! I got really excited last week but today I started my second semester 5 weeks of classes so it should go by fast but I wish I was spending it dreaming of Disney

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

Thanks for that - we are in Sydney Australia so I guess it might take a little longer to get here! good to know about the weather - we have been watching the reports every day - how do you guys cope with 100 degree weather and 100% humidity?! I think I am going to melt!

Yay Australia! My husband and I adore Australia, it is just such a wonderful country. We've visited twice and I am hoping that we will make it back once our kid(s) are old enough to handle such a long flight(s). I already have a long list of places there I want to show my son someday. Honestly, when my husband and I have had our "Wouldn't it be great to move to Australia?" conversations, one of the biggest drawbacks I could think of is that I'd be so far away from WDW, though! :D

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

34 more days..and I'm really starting to dislike my mailman!!! Although I guess its not his fault my ME packet is'nt here!!! Does anyone know if they take any longer when you do it online verses calling your info in?? Or there really isnt any ryme or reason.....?

Upvote 0

Magikal

Us Marylanders train for it. We just had nearly a week of 100+ degree days with high humidity to whip our butts into shape. :D
Same here in WI! We FINALLY broke our streak of 95+ with heat indices between 100-112 for about the last 10 days or so & w/o a drop of rain & -0- relief at night, which makes it so much worse. When it's still 90 at almost midnite, the stifling heat feels twice as punishingly brutal! [insert sarcasm here] Thank goodness a 'cold' front moved through! The high yesterday was only 88 & it felt so good! And nothing over 91 is forecast for the next 7 days! Yippee!

Upvote 0

gccgrad1996

Whoo hoo! Mickey Mail arrived today! About a month to go! And the new luggage tags are cool...
We liked the new tags too. Glad to get something new this year.
22 days until we leave, 23 until we arrive at the most magical place on earth, 24 until we actually check in at our Disney resort. I can't believe it is almost here :)

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

WOOFREAKINHOOOO!!!! Mickey Mail came today!!!! I was getting a little nervous there!!
I love how I took a pic of it and texted it to my daughter, not even a minute later all you hear is screaming and "let me see it"!!! Yes I love after as many times as we go , they still get soo excited as me!!

Upvote 0

goodanu

34 more days..and I'm really starting to dislike my mailman!!! Although I guess its not his fault my ME packet is'nt here!!! Does anyone know if they take any longer when you do it online verses calling your info in?? Or there really isnt any ryme or reason.....?
We are 33 days out and received our ME packet and luggage tags today. I did our ME Reservation on the DVC member website.

33 days till Bay Lake Tower.

Upvote 0
Yay Australia! My husband and I adore Australia, it is just such a wonderful country. We've visited twice and I am hoping that we will make it back once our kid(s) are old enough to handle such a long flight(s). I already have a long list of places there I want to show my son someday. Honestly, when my husband and I have had our "Wouldn't it be great to move to Australia?" conversations, one of the biggest drawbacks I could think of is that I'd be so far away from WDW, though! :D
I agree! I have never flown for longer than 3 hours - 15 hours is going to be exhausting - no way I would take the kids on such a long flight - I will be annoying enough! are we there yet!!!! ???? I love reading these forums on all you guys who can go every year to WDW! so jealous!
Just realised, we dont have our tags because when I made our WDW reservations I hadnt booked the flights yet - Rang America yesterday and gave them all the details, so tags should be coming within the week! YAY!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom