Are you sick of Stitch in WDW parks?

Are you sick of Stitch in WDW Parks?

• Yes, I'm tired of Disney overhyping this character.

Votes: 157 57.5%
  • No, I love Stitch and enjoy seeing him everywhere

Votes: 73 26.7%
  • I don't care!

Votes: 43 15.8%

• Total voters

PurpleDragon

Original Poster
ThreeCircles said:
That's a totally illogical argument. I've walked on POTC without a line. Does it suck?

I've walked on Spaceship Earth without a line. Does it suck?

I've walked on The Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, Splash Mountain, and Dinosaur without lines. Do they suck?<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Hey your the one who was making the arguement that SGE must be good because it had a long line. I'm just pointing out how silly that is.

njblackberry

I was at WDW right before the New Year. MK was packed. We ran to go on SGE (good or bad - I have a 10 year old), and we walked onto every other attraction (including Haunted Mansion, PoTC and Mickey's Philharmagic) with no more than a 5 minute wait. So the logic doesn't work.

Stich is heavily overexposed, and as long as the $$$ keeps flowing in, he will continue to be overexposed. It doesn't bother me one bit. As far as spitting, gassy aliens goes, he's cute.

PurpleDragon said:
Hey your the one who was making the arguement that SGE must be good because it had a long line. I'm just pointing out how silly that is.

Really?

So, you didn't say this in post #41 on this thread?

-Someone stated earlier in this thread that there was no line for the attraction last week. This shows poor attendance, the attraction is not strong enough to bring people back.

It sounds to me as if you are suggesting that no line is evidence that Stitch isn't a good attraction...

And, I made no such argument. I simply said that when I was there it had a long line.

PurpleDragon

Original Poster
ThreeCircles said:
Really?

So, you didn't say this in post #41 on this thread?

It sounds to me as if you are suggesting that no line is evidence that Stitch isn't a good attraction...

And, I made no such argument. I simply said that when I was there it had a long line.

I made that statementin response to..........SirGoofy's post #18,(sorry thought you made that post)

SirGoofy said:
Also, SGE must be a boatfull of lemons, because i did not see the wait time go below an hour while I was there. I do agree that he is being a bit over used, but it's good marketing.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Just to point out, to people that think the ride is good because it had a great turn out during its opening, that now that turn out has deminished. Thus squashing their view that 'Big turn out=Great ride'. I was trying to point out that the big turn out was due to the new attraction buzz and not the quality of the attraction. I was trying to debunk the whole big line theory, looks like I didn't word the post well enough to clarify that. Oops!

Anyway, sorry I got your post mixed up with Sir Goofy's, my fault.

LilDucky

I havent seen Lilo and Stitch (yeah yeah, I know... what kind of disney fan am I!!) so I feel like I'm unbiased. I dont hate the character, nor do I love it, considering I dont know anything about him. I rode the ride thinking "I have to see this crapfest" and you know what... it wasnt all that bad, but thats just my opinion. I actually thought it was cute. My 'rents or sister dont read this board, so they didnt have preconceived notions about the ride, and they actually liked it. I also didnt hear any kids crying. So I'm not posting to complain about the attraction.

However, I was starting to get sick of all the "stitchness" that was going on. The photographer that took our pic in front of the castle directed my family to cup our hands. What was going to go in them? Yep you guessed it. Its the little things like that that irked me.The blowup of stitch in the ticket and transportation center, the TONS of stitch merch, the stitch laugh and attraction plugs in the monorails. He's everywhere. Someone just posted a pic of a monorail with Stitch's butt on it!

I can see if they want to advertise and promote, but when is it too much, really? I dont hate the character, I'm just a little annoyed thats all. Its too much. A little here and there isnt bad (heck I didnt even mind the TP catle) but like I've said...

On another note: stitch kingdom? are you serious? If I had heard that... :mad:

DizkneeBoi

Account Suspended
My lord people stop arguing! Some people will like SGE and some wont! Nobody is going to change anyones opinion so get over it! Thank you! lol

PurpleDragon

Original Poster
DizkneeBoi said:
My lord people stop arguing! Some people will like SGE and some wont! Nobody is going to change anyones opinion so get over it! Thank you! lol

That was not the intention of this poll. Its not about the attraction, its about WDW overhyping the character. The attempt they are making to breath life back into an outdated, mildly popular character. Its about them feeling the need to stick Stitch into every piece of the WDW property they can. To force him down our throats till we cough up a fur ball.
I was planning on heading back down to WDW sometime next month, but I am having second thoughts due to the fact that they are oversaturating everything with the promotion of this awful character and its attraction.:mad:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I think bigger than people being irritated with Stitch is that they are irritated with Disney Management doing things on the cheap. Not just cheap as in money, but cheap as in thought and imagination.

Ever since the movie, prior to AE2 (SGE), you found Lilo and Stitch character greets in Adventureland, I guess because it had/has a more tropical look. All of a sudden, he is the "featured guest" in an attraction in Tomorrowland because he was easy to swap out with AE creature, change some theming, add a couple of lasers and bam, you have a new attraction.

Second, the story line is lame even from the outset as the name should be 626's Great Escape, since the story happens prior to 626 coming to earth.

Finally, IMHO, Disney could have saved a bunch of money, and bad show, by just replacing the Dumbos on the Dumbo ride with Stitches if they wanted a new ride.....

PurpleDragon

Original Poster
hakunamatata said:
Finally, IMHO, Disney could have saved a bunch of money, and bad show, by just replacing the Dumbos on the Dumbo ride with Stitches if they wanted a new ride.....

Hahahahahahaha!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol: Thats great!!!

It probably wouldn't have scared the kids so much. However the hidious appearance of the Stitch cars might have been kinda scary.

Pixie Duster

ThreeCircles said:
And, to top it off, I actually waited in a rather long line for that temporary Haunted Mansion movie set exhibit they had at Disney-MGM for a few months. Personally, I thought that sucked but there was a line so I must be wrong. :rolleyes:
Remember darling, you were the one that pointed out earlier that when you visited SGE had a long wait, both times you visited. Therefore you were using the length of the line as proof to your point. I do not think it is fair that you now say it is illogical to use length of a line or lack there of as a determining factor in a rides popularity.

And yes I realzie Purple Dragon just did the same thing...

More importantly I think you both need to back off each other and breath for a moment.

dxwwf3

Pixie Duster said:
Remember darling, you were the one that pointed out earlier that when you visited SGE had a long wait, both times you visited. Therefore you were using the length of the line as proof to your point. I do not think it is fair that you now say it is illogical to use length of a line or lack there of as a determining factor in a rides popularity.

I must say that I agree with you here.

The average day guest might think that lines=popularity, but we all know much better than that. Especially since Pirates of the Caribbean at WDW has usually been a walk on during most of my life :lol: Of course ever since the movie came out, there have been decent waits now. But 5 years ago, you could pretty much walk on there anytime you wanted. And we all know how popular that attraction was.......It was the foundation for a huge summer film.

LoriMistress

SpectroMan said:
What a shame. Lilo & Stitch is a very good movie. It is just what has happened to him since that makes me upset.
Movies that are "over-hyped" 95 percent of the time, I won't see it, because it usually does not fufill my expectations.

Pixie Duster said:

And yes I realzie Purple Dragon just did the same thing...

More importantly I think you both need to back off each other and breath for a moment.

Sorry, darling, but that's not the case. I simply said that when I visited it did have long lines. I don't recall ever making the argument that long lines = a great attraction. If so, why would I bother making the point about the Haunted Mansion exhibit at Disney-MGM? :rolleyes:

And, personally, I don't think that either Purple Dragon or myself need to "back off of each other." We're only expressing two different points of view and doing so in a congenial manner.

PurpleDragon

Original Poster
ThreeCircles said:
Sorry, darling, but that's not the case. I simply said that when I visited it did have long lines. I don't recall ever making the argument that long lines = a great attraction. If so, why would I bother making the point about the Haunted Mansion exhibit at Disney-MGM? :rolleyes:

And, personally, I don't think that either Purple Dragon or myself need to "back off of each other." We're only expressing two different points of view and doing so in a congenial manner.

He is correct, I actually confused SirGoofy's post with his. I was trying to disprove SirGoofy's theory about Longlines=GoodAttraction, by showing him that the long lines have now deminished, partly because the attraction has gotten such bad reviews and bad press. Also to explain that the long lines were due to the new ride buzz and not proof of a quality attraction.

Since I thought it was ThreeCircles who made the post, I was aiming this at him. Thus a debate ensued. We were not mud slinging or using foul language, just simply stating facts and info to backup our claims. So at this point, no backing off is needed. :D

GoofyFan1

At first I thought it was fun to see Stitch around, but now you can't go anywhere without Stitch being around. I think the only place you can't find Stitch is in the park guidemap. There was no mention of Stitch or SGE on the map I got at Christmas/New Year.

Ringo8n24

Static-X said:
Very much so. I like(ed) the character, but after a while, I have grown tired of him.

That is the way I feel, but I voted I don't care because I know it will soon run its course and be toned down. I just have to have patience with the hype now.

TomorrowlandTyler

YES, I am!

Ringo8n24 said:
That is the way I feel, but I voted I don't care because I know it will soon run its course and be toned down. I just have to have patience with the hype now.

It better pretty soon.
Hopefully Soarin' at EPCOT and L.M.A. at MGM will put the hypeing of Stitch to rest, permanently!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom