Are you sick of Stitch in WDW parks?

Are you sick of Stitch in WDW Parks?

• Yes, I'm tired of Disney overhyping this character.

Votes: 157 57.5%
  • No, I love Stitch and enjoy seeing him everywhere

Votes: 73 26.7%
  • I don't care!

Votes: 43 15.8%

• Total voters

SpenceMan01

tirian said:
I won't judge the attraction; I've never ridden SGE. I'm waiting for the new version to open so that I don't have the pathetic images in my mind as I try to enjoy it.

However, Stitch is in far too many locations throughout WDW. At first the ads were cute, but the entire campaign now comes across as a cheap plug that would be at a movie theatre or a fast-food restaurant; WDW is the world's premiere vacation resort. The Stitch cardboard cutouts and window decals need to go.

The concerning aspect is that WDW advertising and design, which once represented the pinnacle of immersive design, has suddenly degraded to tacky, cheap garbage. In addition to being over-exposed, the Stitch advertising is neither witty nor attractive. Despite being made of steel and plastic, the arm/wand structure on SSE is nothing more than a glorified movie theatre cardboard display. Although the Sorcerer Mickey hat fits nicely into the Studios' theme, its location and purpose--it's a pin store!--contradict Disney's traditional design considerations, which focused on true quality. It just seems that the majority of WDW's new theming is overly cartoonish, cheap-looking, and unneccessarily ubiquitious.

WOW. I'll quote Blazing Saddles on this one: "You use your tongue purdier than a twenty dollar wh_re!" You're dead on the money with that post!

Dayma

I get more sick of seeing and hearing about EE on these boards then I do about Stich. I agree with Barnum on this. If you dont like it move on but there is nothing wrong with marketing your only semi-successful character in the last 5 years.

Dont forgot we fans on this board get flooded with Stich posts because we care and were are obssesed. My wife for example had no idea they even updated the ride.

My point is take the view of the average consumer and I think you would have to admit they dont have the same feelings towards this marketing campaign.

marchofthecards

Stiching Mickey up

Hi,

I love Stitch, think he is the best character to come out of the films in the very recent years (since mid 90's) but I hate anything that takes limelight away from Mickey. It's not Stitch who is the master, it's Mickey!

It's the same with Pooh. That yellow bear has an hidden agenda in taking over the MK. Well he ain't gonna do it coz he's too fat and no parade float or stage can take him!!! At least Mickey looks good in a tux. The costume dept couldn't get enough material to make Pooh one! That's why he has to wear a tiny red t-shirt.

Took a visit to our Disney Store recently. Should have been called Pooh's Honey Pot. No Mickey stuff, no collectibles, just princess toys and Pooh stuff.

Ayway enough victimisation on Pooh and 100 acre wood. The enforcement might be out there!

Simesx

Scooter

I'm not crazy about negative treads like this.

People who start negative threads are basically asking you if you are willing to jump on their negative bandwagons and the thread ends up with very one-sided opinions.

Most People who don't like Stitch jump in to agree and most people who like the Stitch charactor or don't have an opinion tend to avoid the thread.

So you get two kinds of people...75% of people who Agree with the poster and 25% of people who are angered by the thread and are very vocal about it.

We all know Disney has a history of Overexposure of successful characters, movies and TV shows.

Examples are Pooh Merchandise, Lion King 2, Mulan 2, etc.
One of my favorite examples of Disneys constant habit of overexposing was on TV.
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire was an instant success on ABC (Disney owned)
Disney, in all it's infinite wisdom decided to air this show 3 times a week and people got tired of it rapidly. I know I did.

Over exposing the Stitch charactor in the theme parks will prove to be another Disney overexposure folly. While attempting to bring more people to the park, Disney is cutting off their nose to spite their face.

Much like the Hurricanes we had in Florida last year, we just need to ride out this Stitch overkill and it will be over soon enough.

Then we can sit back and see what Disney wants to run into the ground next .

Hmmm..let me think. New Pirates of The Carribean movie coming out, The Pirates of the Carribean attraction at WDW is getting a rehab soon...

....brace yourselves people...me thinks that very soon we will all be swashbuckling our way through Walt Disney/ Pirates World!!!

Yo Ho Yo Ho....we're gonna get sick of this show!

mrtoad

We did not do the attraction when we were down in Jan/Feb. But I was sick of him being everywhere. I don't know why he needs to be all over the monorails, it is silly (at least I think so).

DizkneeBoi

Account Suspended
There's a rumor that they are going to completely demolish the castle and replace it with a huge Stitch statue....Oh wait that was Eisner's wet dream last night....

Scooter

DizkneeBoi said:
There's a rumor that they are going to completely demolish the castle and replace it with a huge Stitch statue....Oh wait that was Eisner's wet dream last night....

Does anyone else think that this comment as totally off topic and uncalled for?

Sorry DisneyBoi...not only did I NOT think this was funny, I don't think it is appropriate for a Forum that children read daily.

Legacy

Scooter said:
Does anyone else think that this comment as totally off topic and uncalled for?

Sorry DisneyBoi...not only did I NOT think this was funny, I don't think it is appropriate for a Forum that children read daily.
Don't worry, you're right.

daveemtdave

I usually over-look the more immature comments on these threads, like the one about the 'wet dream'. Unfortunately, some 'children' need this as a playground. As for Stitch, I have always thought he was a little troublemaker who enjoyed making people mad -- look at all the different threads about him here -- He is doing his job. Sorry, but I for one like Stitch and his ride; what I don't care for are people who do get upset and mad if you don't agree with them.

beauty_Belle27

daveemtdave said:
I usually over-look the more immature comments on these threads, like the one about the 'wet dream'. Unfortunately, some 'children' need this as a playground. As for Stitch, I have always thought he was a little troublemaker who enjoyed making people mad -- look at all the different threads about him here -- He is doing his job. Sorry, but I for one like Stitch and his ride; what I don't care for are people who do get upset and mad if you don't agree with them.
very well said!:)

S.E.A.

apparently the stitch backlash has a backlash of its own.

this is funny, you all and moan about how Stitch is a horrible over-used character and is a blatant disrespect to everythng disney and you people don't respect the fact that people actually relate to and like stitch or the fact that he is the last marketable original disney character. and then when they bring in pixar characters you and moan about them too saying "why don't they use the cahracters they have?" Face it, Mickey and friends aren't just as marketable as they used to be to the younger crowds, Stitch is. And if i recall correctly, you were all this annoyed with Pooh not so long ago too. Well watch out, Nemo is the next over-saturated character to take over the company so you might as well hate Stitch while you still have silly reasons to do so.

dumboflyer

I can handle that Stitch has a ride, and that there is a lot of Stitch merchandise. I understand those to be good outlets for using a successful character. The one thing that bugs me about Stitch is the monorail spiel. Announcing the "new" ride is one thing, but when you pull in to the monorail station and it welcomes you to "Stitch Kingdom," I get a little annoyed. Beyond that, although I don't particularly like Stitch, I'm fine with the fact that a lot of other people do.

barnum42

This thread has just been reactivated after almost a year's hiatus. Is is still a valid question? Is stitch still over-hyped in the parks?

TheDisneyMagic

I have grown to like Stitch alot more that previously, a year ago I could not stand him as he was everywhere, as time has gone on though I find my self liking him more.

dxwwf3

barnum42 said:
This thread has just been reactivated after almost a year's hiatus. Is is still a valid question? Is stitch still over-hyped in the parks?

Not really. As soon as the monorail is back to normal, then all will be right in the "world" :lol:

awallaceunc

I'm a fan of Disney inclusivism, and my feeling is the more animated classic characters in the park, the better (Bernard & Bianca, anyone?). I do think they push Stitch a wee bit more than I personally care for, but I do like him, and my reaction to seeing him in the park is always a positive one... and I'm not even one of those diehard Stitch fans by any means.

-Aaron

barnum42

awallaceunc said:
I'm a fan of Disney inclusivism, and my feeling is the more animated classic characters in the park, the better (Bernard & Bianca, anyone?).
I gather this is part of the Stitch backlash - there being nowhere for other characters as Stitch was everywhere.

I think I have some pics or video from the late 80's with Bernard and Bianca on a parade float.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom