Are you 23?

DisneyDellsDude

I think I'll just join to get the magazine. I like collecting mags to read. (Hope my house never burns down!)
If I bought each one seperate on disneyshopping, it would be $83.60.
Only $75.00 for the membership.
$63.80 for Barnes&Nobel... but we're about a half an hour away from the nearest one. With gas$$$ + time (and then may not even have copies) it just makes sense to join D23.

But if next year's price goes up even a cent, I'm pulling out!

dizpins14

As a marketing student, I think the idea of D23 is genius but was poorly executed. With the economy the way it is, consumers are cutting back and are less brand loyal. Disney is targeting the one group of consumers they know will buy Disney merchandise and won't cut back no matter what. If more perks were added, I don't doubt D23 would be a success.

As much as all of you hate the Disney Store, if they offered a 10% off discount at the store, that would make all the difference. Adding the discount would probably drive up membership, as well as traffic in the Disney Stores. Or, they could offer an exclusive piece of merchandise at the Disney Store for D23 members each month. Hold the merchandise in the back and make the D23 guests ask to see what was released.

Disney is famous for synergy. They should be promoting other Disney units through D23 by offering different perks. Disney fans are the one segment that will purchase anything associated with the mouse; reward them and offer them more.

WDW1974

Im thinking they started D23 because they saw potential profits going to great magazines such as Orlando Attractions and Celebration magazine and figured wow that money could be ours...quick to the bat cave!
. But I did purchase it as soon as I got out of school. I really enjoyed, its very well put togeather. I'm probably going to buy all the issues when there released and not subscribe. 17$ here and 17$ there wont seem so bad. But 75$ in one shot just hurts my wallet. Plus some of the inside info is great that most other fan Magazines wont be able to get because there not offical Disney Cast Members. LIke the Alice in wonderland article.

But thats just me :wave:

No ... they more than likely started it to 'compete' (or try because I think this is gonna crash and burn sooner than later) with Tales From the Laughing Place ... which is published by Lee MacDonald, who has incredible connections to people in most parts of TWDC including many this first issue hits on (WDI, P&R, Disney Theatrical, Studios, etc ...) as he is also an employee (I believe financial consultant would be the proper description.)

And while Lee's fanzine usually gushes over everything, he at least is ostensibly independent.

I don't want to sell his publication, especially since he and I have had some knockdown dragouts online over the years ... but this just seems like Disney is stealing an idea from one of their own people ... and they won't do half the job he and his partner, Lindsay Cave, does.

~Am I a Tales ?~

mickeysaver

http://d23.disney.go.com/articles/031009_NF_FS_WhatsAlltheBuzz.html

Is it just me or did they heavily monitor this thread?

3279235270_e7ed64680b_o.jpg
You in particular are now infamous.

WDWFigment

No ... they more than likely started it to 'compete' (or try because I think this is gonna crash and burn sooner than later) with Tales From the Laughing Place ... which is published by Lee MacDonald, who has incredible connections to people in most parts of TWDC including many this first issue hits on (WDI, P&R, Disney Theatrical, Studios, etc ...) as he is also an employee (I believe financial consultant would be the proper description.)

And while Lee's fanzine usually gushes over everything, he at least is ostensibly independent.

I don't want to sell his publication, especially since he and I have had some knockdown dragouts online over the years ... but this just seems like Disney is stealing an idea from one of their own people ... and they won't do half the job he and his partner, Lindsay Cave, does.

~Am I a Tales ?~

I am not a subscriber to Tales, but I've wondered for a while about its quality, so thanks for posting this. I saw Lindsay Cave's photos on Flickr while browsing one day, and they are pretty good, to say the least. Maybe I'll look into a subscription.

WDWRLD

I just got back from B&N where I picked up a copt of 2+3. Im very disapointed. The old Disney magazine had much more interesting information for my interest. The magazine seemed like the first half of the annual report. Even the few parts I did read read as if I was a member so there is really nothing "special" for those who join. Wasnt that the whole thing about this "exclusive" club for its "members". There was a few old pictures, a nice article about the Cali grill, alot of subliminal advertising about the upcoming movies and other projects, a where was this photo taken page, and not a whole lot else. It was definately not another vote for me to join.

NewfieFan

I am not a subscriber to Tales, but I've wondered for a while about its quality, so thanks for posting this. I saw Lindsay Cave's photos on Flickr while browsing one day, and they are pretty good, to say the least. Maybe I'll look into a subscription.

It's certainly a "keepsake" magazine! I'm only on my second issue but I look forward to it coming all ready. Great pictures, layout,... makes a nice coffee table magazine!

asianway

They probably sold 10,000 of these things today to the same people who wouldn't pay the $20 a night it would have taken to keep the Adventurer's Club open....

I am passing on this one, seems like a colossal ripoff to me.

Kungaloosh can mean "hello", Kungaloosh can mean "goodbye", Kungaloosh can mean, "Excuse me sir, do you know anywhere I can purchase a $849.95 writing instrument?"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom