Are you 23?

TP2000

March 10th, 2009 is the DVD release of Howard the Duck. Not a Disney film, but a really corny 1980's piece of pop culture film released in 1986.

Also released in 1986 is Captain EO, a Disney film and a really corny 1980's piece of pop culture.

Coincidence? Perhaps not. Maybe they are releasing Captain EO on DVD?

Kamikaze

March 10th, 2009 is the DVD release of Howard the Duck. Not a Disney film, but a really corny 1980's piece of pop culture film released in 1986.

Also released in 1986 is Captain EO, a Disney film and a really corny 1980's piece of pop culture.

Coincidence? Perhaps not. Maybe they are releasing Captain EO on DVD?

No.

ChuckFromCanada

Parrothead & Disney Fanatic.
Mar.10 is also the release of Pinocchio ,don't know if its got anything to do with 23 though....also Nicholas Cage will be in the Sorcerer's Apprentice , but still can't see a "23" connection.

RSoxNo1

I don't know how we missed this, but Mach 10th, 1985 was the date that India beat Pakistan in the World Championships of Cricket

Edit: Also March 10th, 1985 was GE's last day of sponsorship for Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress

Rob562

I don't know how we missed this, but Mach 10th, 1985 was the date that India beat Pakistan in the World Championships of Cricket

Edit: Also March 10th, 1985 was GE's last day of sponsorship for Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress

23 years ago was 1986, not 1985...

-Rob

Phonedave

Ahhh, then the Are you 23 means, ARE YOU THE 23rd DESTINATION! There will be a contest in which people will vote where the 23rd destination will be... hence, ARE YOU 23??? Makes all the more sense now.. :lol:

I thought this was a contest of some sort before, then I started thinking the fan club made sense...

We can speculate all we want until March 10... Let's keep having fun with this.. :)

Odd

Here is a cached copy of the Adventures By Disney website from Jan 5

This is Google's cache of http://www.______________.com/ViewPressRelease.aspx?PressReleaseID=110425. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on Jan 5, 2009 00:45:03 GMT. The current page could have changed in the meantime. Learn more

And it says

BURBANK, Calif. -- Adventures by Disney announced it will be adding eight new destinations to their list of trips, giving their guests a total of 23 destinations to chose from in 2009. The new destinations feature some of the most exotic and remote locations in the world -- including an exotic African safari, an astonishing expedition to Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands, and an exploration of Alaska.

Notice the 23

Now here is what the current website says

BURBANK, Calif. -- Adventures by Disney announced it will be adding seven new destinations to their list of trips, giving their guests a total of 22 destinations to chose from in 2009. The new destinations feature some of the most exotic and remote locations in the world -- including an exotic African safari, an astonishing expedition to Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands, and an exploration of Alaska.

Hmmmm, it was 23 now it's 22. Are YOU 23 ?

I doubt this is it, but it is pretty strange.

-dave

Disneyson 1

(Sorry if this was already posted...) The website's working, if anybody's interested. And it has Tink on it, so it's prolly not a movie, most likely some general announcement. Wait, isn't the club in Disneyland Club 32 or something? 23 is 32 backwards!!!!! I'm further suggesting an official Disney theme park fanclub.

Edit: Dangit! Club 33, not 32. I was close. But I STILL suggest a Disney Parks Fanclub.

P.S. Sign up for the newsletter!

Kamikaze

(Sorry if this was already posted...) The website's working, if anybody's interested. And it has Tink on it, so it's prolly not a movie, most likely some general announcement. Wait, isn't the club in Disneyland Club 32 or something? 23 is 32 backwards!!!!! I'm further suggesting an official Disney theme park fanclub.

Edit: Dangit! Club 33, not 32. I was close. But I STILL suggest a Disney Parks Fanclub.

P.S. Sign up for the newsletter!

Are you kidding? Did you miss the last 17 pages?

Disneyson 1

I didn't think that anyone else announced that the site was "up", previously, it was just a "We can't find your page" page. Now, it's "up".

Edit: Sorry, wasn't reading carefully before. I guess it was said.

Kamikaze

I didn't think that anyone else announced that the site was "up", previously, it was just a "We can't find your page" page. Now, it's "up".

Edit: Sorry, wasn't reading carefully before. I guess it was said.

We discussed it in depth ... including Tink, and any messages hidden on the page.

DisneyRoxMySox

Original Poster
I got an e-mail from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment to the address I entered on the D23 web page.

Anyone else get one? What could this mean?

I got an e-mail from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment to the address I entered on the D23 web page.

Anyone else get one? What could this mean?

I haven't gotten my email yet. Home Entertainment?? So it has to do with a DVD release? On a unrelated note, when the heck did the disney website change? Am I that far behind on things!?!

cdunbar

Here's the thing, the people "in the know" if you will, like Lee, seem to not be commenting on our search for an answer. :hammer:

Kamikaze

Here's the thing, the people "in the know" if you will, like Lee, seem to not be commenting on our search for an answer. :hammer:

Sometimes they don't know. And sometimes they can't talk about it. It might not be directly park related, so the usual sources might not have the right connections.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom