Are you 23?

pixel-dust

...or you could also live 90 miles away and not see any reason in the universe to pay tens of thousands of dollars for a timeshare an hour away from your house.

But yeah, if it's some DVC exclusive, that would blow monkey chunks.

My sentiments, exactly. But if I ever moved far away, I would consider DVC. If the economy perks up.

Phonedave

Same here!
I wish the would give the fans a break. We spend enough in the parks.:lol:
If it is too much money...:fork:

IF it is a fan club

It COULD be perfect timing

Think about it. People cannot afford a WDW vacation, but they need their Disney fix. They can't afford $1,000 for a trip, but all of a sudden $100 for a years worth of newsletters, a pin, a car magnet, a DVD, and a chance to win a trip or get some good discounts does not sound all that far fetched.

-dave

mikeb_86

Ok This makes more sence now i think about it March 23 2009 the 23 poster and 23 disney adventures its all adding up. Thats what it is can we change the name to let everyone know. The Forum Name sould now be called Disneys new ad about Adventures By Disney's 23 Adventure vacations!!!

Captain Chaos

Ok This makes more sence now i think about it March 23 2009 the 23 poster and 23 disney adventures its all adding up. Thats what it is can we change the name to let everyone know. The Forum Name sould now be called Disneys new ad about Adventures By Disney's 23 Adventure vacations!!!

Possible, sure.. Likely, no...

I cannot see why they would have a countdown to something already announced... And how can someone be the first to know when the general public has already been informed??

I guess anything is possible with this, really...

I'm also missing where March 23rd came from. March 10th is the date on the poster.

I still say it's a membership club reminiscent of Swarovski's. You pay a fee and get a member-exclusive gift as well as access to member exclusive products. Of course, as was suggested before, more will be included to sweeten the deal (e.g. Events, exclusive articles/stories, etc.)

I'd like to see access to an e-publication to "Eyes and Ears" magazine, since that's where all the good stuff is...:D

Phonedave

Possible, sure.. Likely, no...

I cannot see why they would have a countdown to something already announced... And how can someone be the first to know when the general public has already been informed??

I guess anything is possible with this, really...

The phrasing really does not fit either.

"Are you 23" really does not makes sense with 23 trips

Something like

"Which 23 are you"

or

"Can you handle 23"

or

"Are you one of the 23"

makes more sense when talking about the number of ABD trips.

-dave

Captain Chaos

Where'd do you see that? There's nothing 23 related on the Adventures website. And they show 22 destinations.

Ahhh, then the Are you 23 means, ARE YOU THE 23rd DESTINATION! There will be a contest in which people will vote where the 23rd destination will be... hence, ARE YOU 23??? Makes all the more sense now.. :lol:

I thought this was a contest of some sort before, then I started thinking the fan club made sense...

We can speculate all we want until March 10... Let's keep having fun with this.. :)

I've yet to find anything in an "Eyes and Ears" that wasn't here first.;)

True, but having access to it w/o being a cast member could be seen as a "perk". Then again, many of the articles in it will probably be extracted and used as "member exclusive content." Gotta love recycling.:D

TURKEY

Depending on your math and how you group the existing resorts, #23 could be the Contemporary DVC tower.

Could it be going on sell then?

Kamikaze

Depending on your math and how you group the existing resorts, #23 could be the Contemporary DVC tower.

If you're going to count the tower seperately, it would be #24. They say on the disneyworld.com site, in quite a few places 'stay at your choice of our 23 resort hotels'

Captain Chaos

Well, considering they went on sale last year... Nope... :)

I got myself 100 Points in Bay Lake Towers to go along with my 140 at Saratoga Springs... Ohh, and reservations start on March 1st.. So, March 10th is way to late anyway :)

Next try...

TURKEY

Well, considering they went on sale last year... Nope... :)

I got myself 100 Points in Bay Lake Towers to go along with my 140 at Saratoga Springs... Ohh, and reservations start on March 1st.. So, March 10th is way to late anyway :)

Next try...

I knew they were on sell, I was looking more to booking. Who knows, maybe they pushed it back 10 days!

drew_dawg

I didn't mean to be racist against Obama I was just saying that with the election it shows that the country is moving in a direction that would be able to accept SotS a lot more then in the past.

So, SotS is just one of those things that you will have to get an international copy of. The flak the company go from the release, not to mention the rerelease, is enough to prevent future US distribution for a while. I managed to get a copy of an international Edition (and I do mean copy, as in someone burned one and put it in generic case...legitimate, they said:lookaroun). The movie portrays slaves as enjoying their service (among other questionable plot points).

But that aside, fan boys don't see SotS as something to get excited about. It's an intriguing subject matter, but there are ways to get a hold of the movie (and the bonus features associated with it).

I stand by the membership concept. Comic book conventions make millions. Disney is now going to tap the source of their large fanbase.:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom