Are We Getting A 50th Nighttime Show for MK?

TrainsOfDisney

What I would really like is a 50th parade and fireworks show that celebrated the park and 50th anniversary of WDW itself. I know it sounds crazy but how cool would it be to celebrate the 50th of Contemporary, Poly, and Ft. Wilderness connected with monorails and boats?

Kinda like how DL used audio from “adventures through inner space” and the old “remain seated please” Matterhorn audio in Remember. Those moments bring back such cool memories. Throw us a reference to the 20k subs and Mr. Toad!

jklakeview

I’m one of those people too.... HEA never gets me emotionally the way most Davidson shows do.... except the finale. The classic “you can fly” with tinkerbell flying and going back into the theme music.... if the entire HEA Show was like that.... big winner. Instead it’s just a bunch of ip’s tied together. Now all those ip’s have awesome pyro going on with them, so it’s still a good show..... but lacking emotionally compared to Disney’s best.

To be fair, Disneyland Forever isn’t much better... I think anytime a designer is given a projection heavy show and told what ips have to be included the show will suffer.

Me too. While I love seeing HEA and actually think its a great way to end a day in MK, I too feel like the soft parts of Wishes just led to a very emotional feeling. When I would watch Wishes with my 2 and 5 year old, I would feel like I could hug them so hard, when I would watch with my wife, it would make me hold her a little bit closer. It was a magical, romantic ending to an incredible day. I feel the same way after Illuminations, when everyone is leaving the world showcase and the countries are lit and the music is going. I just sit and relax and relish the moment with my family. Its just a moment that brings a feeling that you don't feel all that often. It's what drives me to come back again and again. HEA just is not that. It's a fun, energetic dance party type of show. It makes you move around a little bit more and say "wow that's really cool". Not bashing the show because I actually think its very good. It just gives you a very different feeling than Wishes. I for one, love the feeling Wishes gave me and would take it back any day.

TTA94

You think we should hear an announcement about the parade at D23 if it's going to happen?
Yeah, if we are getting one for the 50th then we’ll hear about it soon

Idk. Realistically I feel like it is still to soon to announce a parade, even if it gets green lit soon. I’m thinking they will hold off for the next Destination D rather than D23 this year.
Then again, that’s assuming they are indeed going to debut the parade for the 50th in 2021 and not any sooner.

TTA94

Here’s a idea, New nighttime parade called Disney Dream Glow!

No this is not a rumor or anything just a thought of my own. The name is catchy, soundtrack could be retooled :) Hahahaha. Wouldn’t be to bad for a WDWs version of Paint The Night lol

Last edited:

wdwfan22

I'm waiting for the speculation to begin that Paint The Night will be coming to Orlando since The Main Street Electrical Parade will most likely be returning to Disneyland later this year.

SpectroMan93

I loved Wishes to pieces. HEA is superior in every way. I think the nostalgia for Wishes makes it hard for people to embrace HEA, which I totally get. Given time, I think people will see that HEA has so much magic and heart. It may be different than how Wishes presented it, but it’s still there. Besides, I recall quite a few people on this forum very much despised Wishes up until its ending was announced, and then suddenly everyone was singing its praises again...🤷‍♂️

TTA94

Heard from others over at DL that the rumors of MSEP returning are false and it’s just being prepped for D23. Paint The Night continues to sit in storage.

Gotta love rumors, especially around the D23 time frame.

AVAC Juice

Great Disneyland is getting back their Main Street Electrical Parade. I was a bulb buyer when it was glowing away forever.

Where's Jason Kirk MK VP?

Where's Waldo? I've never seen an interview, Instagram, podcast....

He doesn't have much to hang his hat on but that hasn't stopped Disney executives before.

Mickey5150

I'm waiting for the speculation to begin that Paint The Night will be coming to Orlando since The Main Street Electrical Parade will most likely be returning to Disneyland later this year.
Paint the Night can't fit in the MK so if it were to come they would have to change parts of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom