Are We Getting A 50th Nighttime Show for MK?

stitchcastle

Original Poster
The youtube channel Mickey Views just said that we're probably not getting a new nighttime spectucalr for the 50th because of how well received "Happily Ever After" was. Is this true!? If so I'm hugely disappointed since I was really hoping they would add the castle moat fountains from Paris and Tokyo.

Squishy

The youtube channel Mickey Views just said that we're probably not getting a new nighttime spectucalr for the 50th because of how well received "Happily Ever After" was. Is this true!? If so I'm hugely disappointed since I was really hoping they would add the castle moat fountains from Paris and Tokyo.
It will most likely be happily ever after with new scenes and etc, kinda like what DCA did with WOC for the 60th.

stitchcastle

Original Poster
I probably won't mind that then, even Disneyland's Remember Dreams Come True was basically Wishes with Disneyland-specific scenes instead of the animated movies. All I really want is for WDW to port over the moat fountains from overseas, because they look awesome and are so kinetic.

HoldenC

I'm still not convinced we are getting a huge 50th celebration. It is 2.5 years away and besides the 2017 D23 announcements there has been ZERO indications WDW will get anything additional besides cupcakes and mediocre merchandise 🤷‍♂️ I truly hope to be proven wrong though.

jmuboy

I’d say Happy Ever After is without a doubt the best daily nighttime show in the park’s history and in any of the castle parks around the world. I’m not sure they can or would do much better with a new show, so I hope they leave it be or make minor changes.

Id be fine with a 50th anniversary edition of HEA. The moat fountains idea is great. But what I really want is SpectroMagic 2.0

Kman101

I'm still not convinced we are getting a huge 50th celebration. It is 2.5 years away and besides the 2017 D23 announcements there has been ZERO indications WDW will get anything additional besides cupcakes and mediocre merchandise 🤷‍♂️ I truly hope to be proven wrong though.

Why would they announce anything in terms of celebrating it way back in 2017?

Kman101

Dont need a new show... HEA is a great show and very well received... a brief tag would be sufficient IMHO...

Agreed.

And they can always do a 50th projection show (maybe like Tokyo's fun one celebrating the park?) and replace Once Upon a Time with that and leave HEA as is, maybe with a tag.

I have my doubts we get a parade. I mean, look how long Disneyland went without. I'd love to be wrong. What happens to that funding?

Rider

I’d say Happy Ever After is without a doubt the best daily nighttime show in the park’s history and in any of the castle parks around the world. I’m not sure they can or would do much better with a new show, so I hope they leave it be or make minor changes.

Agreed

Id be fine with a 50th anniversary edition of HEA. The moat fountains idea is great. But what I really want is SpectroMagic 2.0

Also agreed. MK doesn't need a new fireworks show for the 50th. It needs a new night parade.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Why on earth would they do that? Unless there’s an upsell event

TrainsOfDisney

I’d say Happy Ever After is without a doubt the best daily nighttime show in the park’s history and in any of the castle parks around the world.

How are you rating it as “the best”? You’re welcome to say it’s your personal favorite, but how do you rate a fireworks show? Number of shells? Size of shells? Length of time?

HEA has grown on me but I still don’t think it’s close to Disney’s best. Hard to beat Remember in my book, but I think I like Disneyland Forever better too.

That’s not to say I don’t enjoy seeing it, and I understand it can be some people’s favorite.... but labeling it the best is curious.

No Name

How are you rating it as “the best”? You’re welcome to say it’s your personal favorite, but how do you rate a fireworks show? Number of shells? Size of shells? Length of time?

HEA has grown on me but I still don’t think it’s close to Disney’s best. Hard to beat Remember in my book, but I think I like Disneyland Forever better too.

That’s not to say I don’t enjoy seeing it, and I understand it can be some people’s favorite.... but labeling it the best is curious.

Yes, it should go without saying that that’s my opinion. Obviously there’s no factual best. But based on the message, the music, and the pacing, even moreso than number or size of shells, I think it’s far and away the best.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom