Are We Getting A 50th Nighttime Show for MK?

ToTBellHop

Successful or not that shouldn’t impact a nighttime parade. Axe Once Upon A Time and put a parade in that time slot. There is no need to have Once Upon A Time. Don’t get me wrong it’s not a bad show, but I don’t feel it’s necessary. I’d rather have a parade following HEA which may even keep guests from making a B Line to the park exit after HEA. Plus it would help clear the park out at closing... as long as the new nighttime parade takes Frontierland to MSUSA.
If guests are satisfied with MK’s nighttime package, they can turn their attention to the other parks and Magical Upcharge Events, which they are doing. Maybe one parade with a dragon is all we are asking for. If we want a nighttime parade, we go to MNSSHP or MVMCP.

TTA94

Maybe they will add a nighttime parade as a After Hours entertainment offering rather than nightly? Therefore not “interfering” with HEA. That would be a interesting twist. If the Villains After Hours becomes a hit.... anything could be possible.

jrhwdw

Maybe they will add a nighttime parade as a After Hours entertainment offering rather than nightly? Therefore not “interfering” with HEA. That would be a interesting twist. If the Villains After Hours becomes a hit.... anything could be possible.
MAYBE off season?(New Years to Spring? Party Season?) it should be available to every one Spring break -Aug, Christmas Week In my mind.

Regarding After Hours, watching Spokes' Livestream of After Hours and the MASSES were leaving after HEA! It's like everyone knew to leave at once! Is this like a hard close for Day Guests because of VAH? MK had AH, EMH Nights before, but I thought the exit was more gradual. Sure we don't have OUAT after HEA tonight but MK was open until 10PM tonight.

TrainsOfDisney

just a couple years ago Disneyland was doing 2 night parades, fireworks, and fantasmic nightly. Don’t tell me disney can’t figure out how to do a night parade and fireworks.

jrhwdw

just a couple years ago Disneyland was doing 2 night parades, fireworks, and fantasmic nightly. Don’t tell me disney can’t figure out how to do a night parade and fireworks.
EXACTLY!!!! I get why MSEP had to help out DL with PTN/F! down and the SWGE building all at once but there's NO REASON why MK couldn't put up a replacement right away! Even with CTM turning into OUAT.
If MK could do MSEP, MM&Y/CTM, Wishes/ They can do HEA, OUAT and something else now!

As for DLR, WHY are they so hesitant to keep a Night Parade going?!?!?!??! F!/MSEP/Fantasy must have worked or DL wouldn't have done that for 5 years. DL Finally got back into it with the 60th, then MSEP's 45th. Then they went back to Night Parades in DCA with PTN during Pixar Fest. Now Who knows where PTN(or MSEP if it's not destroyed)is?!?!? It could have the same fate as Spectro for all we know!(I have no proof, I'm just guessing here)

IF DLR doesn't want PTN anymore give it to a resort that could use it! There's nothing wrong with that!

1 good thing is Mix Magic is gone and DL Forever is back tonight!

TTA94

EXACTLY!!!! I get why MSEP had to help out DL with PTN/F! down and the SWGE building all at once but there's NO REASON why MK couldn't put up a replacement right away! Even with CTM turning into OUAT.
If MK could do MSEP, MM&Y/CTM, Wishes/ They can do HEA, OUAT and something else now!

As for DLR, WHY are they so hesitant to keep a Night Parade going?!?!?!??! F!/MSEP/Fantasy must have worked or DL wouldn't have done that for 5 years. DL Finally got back into it with the 60th, then MSEP's 45th. Then they went back to Night Parades in DCA with PTN during Pixar Fest. Now Who knows where PTN(or MSEP if it's not destroyed)is?!?!? It could have the same fate as Spectro for all we know!(I have no proof, I'm just guessing here)

IF DLR doesn't want PTN anymore give it to a resort that could use it! There's nothing wrong with that!

1 good thing is Mix Magic is gone and DL Forever is back tonight!

I’d assume Paint The Night will return in 2020 along with Disneylands rumored new daytime parade. Wouldn’t surprise me if they announce it at D23.

TrainsOfDisney

Yes thank God people like you are in the minority.

I’m one of those people too.... HEA never gets me emotionally the way most Davidson shows do.... except the finale. The classic “you can fly” with tinkerbell flying and going back into the theme music.... if the entire HEA Show was like that.... big winner. Instead it’s just a bunch of ip’s tied together. Now all those ip’s have awesome pyro going on with them, so it’s still a good show..... but lacking emotionally compared to Disney’s best.

To be fair, Disneyland Forever isn’t much better... I think anytime a designer is given a projection heavy show and told what ips have to be included the show will suffer.

HoldenC

I’m one of those people too.... HEA never gets me emotionally the way most Davidson shows do.... except the finale. The classic “you can fly” with tinkerbell flying and going back into the theme music.... if the entire HEA Show was like that.... big winner. Instead it’s just a bunch of ip’s tied together. Now all those ip’s have awesome pyro going on with them, so it’s still a good show..... but lacking emotionally compared to Disney’s best.

To be fair, Disneyland Forever isn’t much better... I think anytime a designer is given a projection heavy show and told what ips have to be included the show will suffer.
This is why Disney gives us crap like Mickey's Magic Mix. Because when they roll out the second greatest fireworks show they've ever made, people moan and complain.

Tom P.

This is why Disney gives us crap like Mickey's Magic Mix. Because when they roll out the second greatest fireworks show they've ever made, people moan and complain.
First, "second greatest fireworks show they've ever made" is a subjective matter of opinion. It is not a statement of ironclad scientific fact.

Second, I can't speak for anyone else, but I am not moaning nor complaining. I do not object to Happily Ever After existing. I simply said that I find Wishes to have more of an emotional impact than HEA. Which is my opinion and, of course, can be different from yours.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

It’s a fireworks show...which is minor eye candy for 10 minutes and always has been.

People shouldn’t worry about calls for fireworks or parades...demand more attractions and quality so the value starts to come back...and maybe some relaxation.

Just my opinion.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Let’s be honest.... Disney significantly cut their nighttime entertainment budget when they cut the night time parade,
But they added a new nighttime show at DAK, greatly updated the SFX and the amount of fireworks at the Magic Kingdom, they added one, sometimes two extra nighttime shows at DHS, they're updating the fireworks for both holiday parties, and there will be two new nighttime shows and Epcot in two years. So, I think they're spending a lot more.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
But they added a new nighttime show at DAK, greatly updated the SFX and the amount of fireworks at the Magic Kingdom, they added one, sometimes two extra nighttime shows at DHS, they're updating the fireworks for both holiday parties, and there will be two new nighttime shows and Epcot in two years. So, I think they're spending a lot more.
Primarily digital/automated shows save a good bit of money. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing...but I bet that at a minimum the cost is equal...if not down

TrainsOfDisney

I don’t see a direct line linking most of those. What they do at other parks is a separate business decision. I don’t think anyone thinks they took away a night parade so they could afford to have Rivers of Light.

Same with the parties, the new fireworks are to keep party guests coming.

So back to HEA... my understanding is HEA was beefed up to compensate for the lack of a night parade.... obviously that experiment worked. But it’s still a big savings to Disney on a nightly basis. I’m not a big night time parade fan, i wish I could go back in time and watch Spectro more cause as many times as I would see parts of it while walking through the park, I rarely actually watched the whole thing. In comparison i never miss a Disney fireworks show. However I still think it’s best for the park to have a Wishes level show and a night parade, vs. a HEA level nightly show.

TTA94

Should be interesting to see HEAs popularity holds once Illuminations (HEA version as some are calling it) opens in 2020.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Primarily digital/automated shows save a good bit of money. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing...but I bet that at a minimum the cost is equal...if not down
HEA has significantly more pyro than Wishes did. Supposedly the new Epcot show (after Forever) will have significantly more pyro than RoE. I think some of their editorial choices are wrong (an Epcot show about Disney movies around the world), but I don't see where they could possibly be spending less.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom