Are there any popular attractions that you do not like?

AshaNeOmah

I love every type of ride so my opinion isn't based on sickness or nausea...

Pre-refurb Space Mountain. The track was never wonderful, way too many bumps for a steel track, the effects were still 1970's, and the building was not well maintained near the end. After riding Disneyland's SM in 2005, I basically refused to ride the WDW version again. It was the most overhyped and overloved attraction on property.

Here's to hoping the refurb can bring it up to date and make it the glorious e-ticket it should be. (Crosses fingers...)

Ralphlaw

Maybe I'm just old and out of touch, but is Test Track all that much different from a Sunday drive in a convertible? And why is Haunted Mansion and Pirates so popular? I'm sure it's just me, but they don't really excite me very much. We are outside the mainstream I guess.

Of course, I also think the Country Bears, Carousel of Progress, Nemo and Tiki Room are not all that great, but others seem to share this view with me.

Soarin' is okay for me, but I don't really understand why it is so overwhelmingly popular compared to other things.

On the other hand, we find Mission Space, Star Tours, TTA, Cinderella's Carousel, Alladin's Magic Carpets and Peter Pan worthy of multiple visits every time we come to the World. Everyone has their own thing, I guess. Maybe it all comes down to the music? Maybe not.

SirGoofy

Maybe I'm just old and out of touch, but is Test Track all that much different from a Sunday drive in a convertible? And why is Haunted Mansion and Pirates so popular? I'm sure it's just me, but they don't really excite me very much. We are outside the mainstream I guess.

On the other hand, we find Mission Space, Star Tours, TTA, Cinderella's Carousel, Alladin's Magic Carpets and Peter Pan worthy of multiple visits every time we come to the World. Everyone has their own thing, I guess. Maybe it all comes down to the music? Maybe not.

You like Peter Pan, but not the best dark ride ever created:HM? You are weird.:lol:

Dave Disney

What??

The only ride I flat out refuse to ride is Dinosaur. The dark, noise and constant jerking don't bide well with me.

The only ride I've never been on is Stitchs Great Escape----and I don't plan on going on it either. Other than that one, I've been on everything else in Disney.

The rides that I'm not a fan of include: POTC, HM, and Bugs Life

How can you not be a fan of HM that's like saying "I like disney, but I wish they'd get rid of the Castle"

scarpiapiano

I had to sit for 10 or so minutes after MS orange side so that I didn't lose my lunch. I didn't look around or put my head down but once was enough for my wife and I. I did the green side and that was fine.

Dinosaur, for me, is painful to ride. I still have bruises on my thighs. My daughter is in the "what's the big deal about Soarin'?" camp. Soarin' is my favorite of any attraction at WDW. I could ride it forever. Big Thunder Mountain is just o.k. in my opinion. I like the American Adventure and Hall of Presidents but I fall asleep on Ellen's Energy Adventure. The Beauty and the Beast show is another snoozer for me.

scarpiapiano

One other attraction that was AWFUL!! Journey Into Narnia! DUMB!! I thought that it might be nice because of the elaborate set. To walk in and watch a promo for a movie no longer playing in theaters on 42 inch plasma screens - STUPID!!

drewfoshooo

I'm not that big of a fan of Splash Mountain. Will I ride it everytime I go? Definitely. It's not worth a long wait, IMO. The drops itself are awesome, but the ride is just way too long. There's way too much buildup for a 50 foot drop.

Space Mountain is definitely fun but not worth the long wait that's always there.

EPCOTPluto

Marching or watching?

I only marched in the SADDCT Parade (or whatever it was then) in Dec. of 2006. Quite a awesome Disney experience.:eek: Being a part of the Magic I love so much was almost overwhelming.:)

Watching, but I guess that's answered. I was once picked as part of SADCT parade back in 2004. It was pretty cool. :)

LeeSeeBabe

I think Soarin' is a really great ride.

BUT, it is not good enough to me to wait an hour + to ride it.. That being said, if I were to be there at rope drop I think that's where I would head to first to get it out of the way before the crowds get there.

harveyt0206

Lol

How can you not be a fan of HM that's like saying "I like disney, but I wish they'd get rid of the Castle"

That's a great observation and laugh out loud funny. I couldn't agree more, but then again HM has been my favorite ride since day one. That is what makes Disney so wonderful. Everyone has their own personal favorites. If we all liked the same thing I guess these discussions wouldn't be half the fun that they are. :lol:

Goofy69

I don't like the carnival rides like Dumbo and the Magic Carpets. I am a little biased since I have any number of the Jersey Boardwalks in the area and can ride those types of amusements anytime.

I am spoiled and love all the themed rides that you don't get on the boardwalk. As much as I don't like Small World I will still ride it because there is nothing else like it around here.

figgyfan

I don't know if there are rides I don't like, but there are a few I won't ride out of trepidation....Mission Space, Everest, RnR ,ToT to name a few. Went on ToT a couple years ago..........thought I was going to die on the ride. Too intense for me.

MasonDuo

Mission Space for me. I remember being so excited for that ride while it was being built then tried it once and never again. I don't like the feeling of my kidneys in my back all afternoon. :hurl: That whole experience keeps me off of even the toned down side of it.

Otherwise SGE is terrible. Still miss AE. :mad:

magicmaya

Dumbo

I love the character
but what's the point of going in circles.I would enjoy it if ours had water under it like all of the other parks!!! :mad:

Dragonrider1227

Well, I do feel like the only person on this board that doesn't like COP. But I don't know if that qualifies as "popular" :lookaroun
and actually magicmaya, I think Tokyo Disneyland's Dumbo ride is still just like the original version. But yeah, I don't get the big hoopla over the ride either

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom